What's new

Jussie Smollet

No damn clue. Walked a co worker to her car and saw him out of the corner of my eye. Then I went to the bus stop and he was walking behind me. I got to the stop and stepped to the edge of the sidewalk away from the street and started taking off my gloves to play with my phone.

Me removing my gloves is right when he started to walk past. Two-three steps past he stopped and turned around to face me. I hadn’t said anything or made any noises. He stepped towards me and stuck out his hand. I saw he had an unlit cigarette in the other so I figured he wanted a light. I shook his hand and we exchanged names. Then he asked me why I looked nervous when he walked past. I said I didn’t and that I was waiting at the bus stop. I was literally standing in front of the bus stop pole. He asked the same question and got the same answer. He shook his head, turned and walked away. He mumbled something but I didn’t care and let it go.

Just really weird and random. The second time he asked me was mildly annoying. But whatever. Maybe he saw me that way. But I immediately shook his hand when offered and looked him in the eyes. Had no problem answering him. I probably would have been mildly rude if he’d asked a third time.
Really weird.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Damn. I missed this post.

You just proved my point with your post. This guy assumed you were a racist because you are white. Think about it, where do you think that is coming from? Couldnt be the 24/7 narrative push by the leftist media that whitey is out to get you, could it?

Hilarious, that this happened to you. Even funnier you used it to prove the media isnt making race relations worse. When they are.

Oy. Just stop. You actually do have some fair points at times but your over the top Thrillering and illogical parts worked in just become too much. And not in a good way.

Think Thriller, Beantown at their worst.

Oy. Just stop. You actually do have some fair points at times but your over the top Thrillering and illogical parts worked in just become too much. And not in a good way.

Think Thriller, Beantown at their worst.

The world is about balance. As long as there is a thriller around here, then we need this.

Im not the hero you want, but the hero you need.

Last edited:
What time of day was this?

What did he look like, other than black? Attire, etc.

You knew he was walking behind you. Did you look over your shoulder multiple times?

Relatively clean shaven, clothes worn but clean. Brown jacket, shirt, jeans and boots. No slur in his speech. Firm hand shake and looked me in the eyes. Normal dude, probably going home from work. About 5’10 and probably 175.

I looked at him when I was walking my coworker to her car as he came from an area I didn’t expect. That’s it. Then I walked down the sidewalk maybe 30 feet to the bus stop. Then I stepped to the back edge so he wouldn’t have to walk around me.

Relatively clean shaven, clothes worn but clean. Brown jacket, shirt, jeans and boots. No slur in his speech. Firm hand shake and looked me in the eyes. Normal dude, probably going home from work. About 5’10 and probably 175.

I looked at him when I was walking my coworker to her car as he came from an area I didn’t expect. That’s it. Then I walked down the sidewalk maybe 30 feet to the bus stop. Then I stepped to the back edge so he wouldn’t have to walk around me.

Cool.

Like I said. I would have liked to know if I did something specific that bothered him. I don’t think I did but it’s possible. It’s equally possible that he simply had a problem with me for my looks/race/whatever.

Like I said. I would have liked to know if I did something specific that bothered him. I don’t think I did but it’s possible. It’s equally possible that he simply had a problem with me for my looks/race/whatever.

Could’ve been the day he was having. Or maybe he just looks for racial **** the way I find much white trash looks to start **** in some working class hero type of ******** way. Who knows.

I think there is more to the story that you arent telling us. Black guys aren't just harassing white dudes at bus stops for no reason. I feel like you are trying to Jussie us. You probably paid your mom to do it.

I think there is more to the story that you arent telling us. Black guys aren't just harassing white dudes at bus stops for no reason. I feel like you are trying to Jussie us. You probably paid your mom to do it.

That would be quite the feat for her. She died in 2011.

Oh and you’re still a troll.

...I looked at him when I was walking my coworker to her car as he came from an area I didn’t expect. That’s it. Then I walked down the sidewalk maybe 30 feet to the bus stop. Then I stepped to the back edge so he wouldn’t have to walk around me.

couple thoughts:
first - you have no idea what kind of day or other experiences he may have had prior to your encounter
second - given that he came from an area you didn't expect, your facial expression probably registered some element of surprise (or perhaps concern)
third - whatever your facial expression, it may register differently to someone who doesn't know you and/or someone from a different background
fourth - perhaps take it as a compliment that you appeared approachable and he felt comfortable addressing you

edited to add: OK, I think we've delved about as deeply into this little event as necessary (if necessary at all?)

I ride the bus frequently in downtown houston. We get all kinds of people downtown: aggressive panhandlers, literally crazy people that scream at stop lights and everyone else who is just trying to get home from work.

But the point is you have to play this game were you watch sketchy people of all skin colors out the corner of you eyes. If you look directly at them they get offended. Basically if you have a decent haircut and have bathed recently everyone gives you a single glance. (Except in the case of hot women. They get more looks.)

couple thoughts:
first - you have no idea what kind of day or other experiences he may have had prior to your encounter
second - given that he came from an area you didn't expect, your facial expression probably registered some element of surprise (or perhaps concern)
third - whatever your facial expression, it may register differently to someone who doesn't know you and/or someone from a different background
fourth - perhaps take it as a compliment that you appeared approachable and he felt comfortable addressing you

edited to add: OK, I think we've delved about as deeply into this little event as necessary (if necessary at all?)

All valid, possible points.

All valid, possible points.
couple thoughts:

Stoked has a very punchable face so the guy probably just didnt like the smirk that he carries around.

There is definitely a hyper-sensitivity about race right now, and it's getting worse. I've been managing large groups of diverse employees for 20 years, and have dealt with more race-related conflict in the last 3-5 years than I did in the entire 15 years prior. And it seems no one wants to listen to anyone that, it's getting harder and harder to get people to discuss these things with any semblance of reason. And if you think the media and social media have nothing to do with it you're nuts. I've fired maybe 6 people in the last 3 years directly for inflammatory posts directly addressing media stories that were viewed as threats on other employees, from both "sides" towards the other. It's a terrible state right now. Tough to get people to come together.