What's new

Jussie Smollet

just heard on the radio that prosecutors have dropped all charges against Jussie Smollet - no further details at the moment. If I find a link or anything, I'll share it.

well, I thought all along that the charges were overkill (no pun intended) but now I'm not sure what to think at all - - as Jerry Garcia would say "what a long, strange trip it's been..."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...-smollett-charges-dropped-20190326-story.html

In a stunning reversal, Cook County prosecutors on Tuesday dropped all charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett on disorderly conduct charges for allegedly staging a phony attack and claiming he was the victim of a hate crime.

“We believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” a prosecutor said in announcing the dismissal of all 16 counts.

There had been no clue that prosecutors planned the about-face move before the announcement. A publicist for Smollett’s attorney was the first to notify the news media Tuesday morning, issuing an alert that did not elaborate on the nature of the emergency.

Moments after Judge Steven Watkins allowed the dismissal, attorneys for Smollett issued a statement.

"Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him,” the statement said. “Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.

“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions,” the statement continued. “This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result....

...Police initially treated the incident as a hate crime, but their focus turned to Smollett after two brothers who were alleged to have been his attackers told police that Smollett had paid them $3,500 to stage the attack, with a promise of an additional $500 later.

Police pieced together much of their evidence by reviewing footage from about 55 police and private surveillance cameras showing the brothers' movements before and after the attack.

For the same reason I didn’t comment initially. Let’s let everything come out. Don’t make the same mistake that you accuse the left of.

As for “fake racial problems made up by the left”. ********. Pull your head out of your ***.

Hell, yesterday I walked to my bus stop and took of my gloves as my cell doesn’t register my touches with my gloves on. And a passing black man took it as me being nervous at his presence. Enough to confront me and demand to know why, twice. But yup totally. It’s totally the media...Jesus /facepalm.

This is from someone very distrustful of the media.

No doubt rabble rousing and race baiting are amplifying a problem that has been continuously on the mend. Like just about any other issue, if all you did was listen to current media you would think racism is at an all time high. The discrepancy in prison sentencings for example. If I were to tell you the media overblows this and most people are perpetuating something in mythical proportions you'd all think I am crazy. It's like we don't have a US Sentencing Commission and they've done nothing to improve things in the last 40 years. Truth is, federal sentencing has little racial discrepancy nowadays that isn't accounted for by legally relevant factors. In fact, some groups (Hispanic and black women, black men on minor offenses) statistically receive lighter sentences than their white counterpart.

We live in a day and age where billionaires can become president and dodge the justice system. Where billionaires can buy themselves out of sex trafficking crimes. Where millionaires and celebrities can buy their undeserving kid into college. A day and age where celebrities can fake hate crimes and still broker a deal in secrecy and have the charges dropped. And where Scottie Lewis gets robbed from winning a dunk contest because of social PC and pressure.

If I had money like that, maybe my moral compass would be so ****ed up I couldn't tell the difference between my head and my *** too.

No doubt rabble rousing and race baiting are amplifying a problem that has been continuously on the mend.

Historically, when has racism abated when there was no "rabble rousing" nor "race baiting" (what normal people call protesting and drawing attention to problems)?

Like just about any other issue, if all you did was listen to current media you would think racism is at an all time high.

Based on all those protesters having dogs unleashed on them and fire hoses turned on them?

The discrepancy in prison sentencings for example. ..., federal sentencing has little racial discrepancy nowadays ...

That may be true, but it does not address the racial disparities in suspicions, indictments, and levels of crime charged, and it doesn't account for most of the crimes being prosecuted at the state level. It's prototypical cherry-picking.

Historically, when has racism abated when there was no "rabble rousing" nor "race baiting" (what normal people call protesting and drawing attention to problems)?

Based on all those protesters having dogs unleashed on them and fire hoses turned on them?

That may be true, but it does not address the racial disparities in suspicions, indictments, and levels of crime charged, and it doesn't account for most of the crimes being prosecuted at the state level. It's prototypical cherry-picking.

Why do you think the USSC is cherry picking? They have all the records to study from, are non-partisan, and it's their mission to lower discrepancy. You think they are lying?

What a joke. And the mayor and police superintendent aren't laughing...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...rime-hoaxer-jussie-smollett-n2543763?amp=true

This reeks of pure corruption. Something is really wrong here.

My guess is that some of the evidence had some politician names on it.

There was conspiracy that Kamala Harris was somehow involved long before this even happened.

I dont wanna go full tin foil hat here, but c'mon. Something is not right. There is a video showing his two Nigerian friends buying the outfits and items involved in the crime. They admitted to it. Other video evidence points to it being true. Among many other things. I dont think there is any doubt that he faked the crime.

This is straight ********.

Man, the Deomcrat party is up to a lot of no good right now just blatant stuff too. In your face, we will lie and do whatever the hell we please

Now a days economic status has the biggest bearing on crime rates and convictions. And minorities have larger percentages of their populations in the lower economic class.

Renewing the focus on the family (2 parent households) and better educational opportunities seems like the most logical answer. But it’s one that will likely take 2-3 generations to really start to affect things.

Now a days economic status has the biggest bearing on crime rates and convictions. And minorities have larger percentages of their populations in the lower economic class.

Renewing the focus on the family (2 parent households) and better educational opportunities seems like the most logical answer. But it’s one that will likely take 2-3 generations to really start to affect things.

It's always about jobs. The breakdown in the black family unit followed poverty, it didn't create it.

Ya, tell me Im crazy

The judge order details of the case be kept secret and the all the files have allready been wiped from the system. This is not a conspiracy. This is facts. There is a huge cover up here.

They state this towards the end of the video

This has to do something Kamals Harris's anti-lynching bill. She set him up to this.

Holy ****. What a corrupt system we live in. In your face, nothing you can do about it.

Someday the poor people of this country might wake up and realize it was never about black and white, north and south, emigrants and citizens and discover it has always been about the rich and the rest of us.

Last edited:
It's always about jobs. The breakdown in the black family unit followed poverty, it didn't create it.

And the disparity in wealth between dual parent and single parent households is there for all to see. Having two parents and better educational opportunities will open more doors to those jobs