What's new

Just in from CNN

I thought Presidents couldn't create jobs. Now they can?

It's so difficult to keep up with the right wing narrative. It's constantly changing.

A few years ago trump whined about how the stock market and corporate profits were poor indicators of the overall well-being of the economy. Now he tweets them them out almost daily to brag about all of the good things he's doing for the economy. He campaigned on being the voice of the forgotten man. How many forgotten men, factory workers and coal miners, actually own stock?

A few years ago putin was bad and we needed to attack him cuz Georgia and Ukraine. Now suddenly he's the right's hero.

I just can't keep up with all of the flip flops.

CNN with an article essentially praising Trump's willingness to engage with the press and answer all questions without prepared statements or any restrictions on what they asked.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/11/politics/trump-questions-style/index.html

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)The President's two unscripted appearances before the press here Thursday revealed a commander in chief with a well of pent up opinions looking for an escape.

As Donald Trump's presidency enters a new phase -- with an order-minded chief of staff and a West Wing reorganization on the horizon -- the President seemed eager to return to the looser style that helped him win.

Trump should take full credit for this, and he will. Even though he's riding Obama's wave. But whatever.

Every president rides the previous president's wave for a while, both good and bad. Of course they blame the predecessor for the bad while taking full credit for making sweeping changes for the good in just a few weeks or months. It is all spin.

It's so difficult to keep up with the right wing narrative. It's constantly changing.

A few years ago trump whined about how the stock market and corporate profits were poor indicators of the overall well-being of the economy. Now he tweets them them out almost daily to brag about all of the good things he's doing for the economy. He campaigned on being the voice of the forgotten man. How many forgotten men, factory workers and coal miners, actually own stock?

A few years ago putin was bad and we needed to attack him cuz Georgia and Ukraine. Now suddenly he's the right's hero.

Apparently Obama did it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/06/news/economy/obama-over-11-million-jobs/index.html

Final tally: Obama created 11.3 million jobs

That's the headline. Sorry bro the ******** comes from both sides.

They may not politicize discussions but they certainly touch on political pressure points.

I can't stand listening to NPR for long but when I have I've heard plenty programming that far-right types would applaud. They had a pretty cool discussion a few months back about how we are sheltering our children way too much because of perceived fear of increasing violence that isn't reality. Nothing politicizing was said but there were undertones suggesting possible effects of this environment on the future. That's also something people on the right tend to push. I've also heard discussions with economists who gave off a rightist perception.

So yeah, it's annoying hearing them called liberal like CNN is.

Several years ago they had an expert on military small arms on an NPR show (can't remember which show it was) and he talked about the AK47 vs the M16. It was one of the most excellent and technical evaluations of how these weapons perform in the field, what the strengths and weaknesses of each were, why there are so many AK47s in the world (they were a primary form of currency the Soviet Union used for international trade and or paying off the dictators and the leaders of rebel groups), the myths and legends surrounding the guns, etc.. The guy really knew his stuff. That was the single best story on guns I had ever heard, right there on NPR. The host wasn't throwing in little anti-gun disclaimers or anything like that. If was full on just an expert talking guns and the host facilitating it.

Sometimes I am just bewildered at opinions like this, man. What could possibly cause such massive cognitive impairment. Do they really lyophilize the brains of education majors to prepare them to teach school????

It's just Show Biz, bro. Show Biz.

Trump says stuff just to keep the press rolling, with the intent to make Press look bad. Which isn't hard. Anybody who takes political trash talk seriously has forgotten to keep his eyes on the ball.....

I guess you might think my opinions sometimes cast in a positive light about Putin are standard conservative thoughts. No way. Try listening to Mark Levin and see what he thinks of Putin (mass-murdering KGB Lubyanka gatekeeper/Russian Mafia equivalent of Leroy Brown). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E

I say Putin is intelligent and rational and acts in the interest of his country, and you think I'm saying he's Republican.

You lack the basic information/capacity to deal rationally with reality required to see the difference between a Hillary Clinton and a John McCain. oh wait.... maybe you're right. They're both sayin' we oughtta nuke Moscow just to show'em who's Boss, but somehow you think Trump is the dumbass hair-triggered madman.

God knows who we've got who would act intelligently and rationally in the interest of our country.

But dead certain you'd think it was a crime if we did.

Sometimes I am just bewildered at opinions like this, man. What could possibly cause such massive cognitive impairment. Do they really lyophilize the brains of education majors to prepare them to teach school????

It's just Show Biz, bro. Show Biz.

Trump says stuff just to keep the press rolling, with the intent to make Press look bad. Which isn't hard. Anybody who takes political trash talk seriously has forgotten to keep his eyes on the ball.....

I guess you might think my opinions sometimes cast in a positive light about Putin are standard conservative thoughts. No way. Try listening to Mark Levin and see what he thinks of Putin (mass-murdering KGB Lubyanka gatekeeper/Russian Mafia equivalent of Leroy Brown). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E

I say Putin is intelligent and rational and acts in the interest of his country, and you think I'm saying he's Republican.

You lack the basic information/capacity to deal rationally with reality required to see the difference between a Hillary Clinton and a John McCain. oh wait.... maybe you're right. They're both sayin' we oughtta nuke Moscow just to show'em who's Boss, but somehow you think Trump is the dumbass hair-triggered madman.

God knows who we've got who would act intelligently and rationally in the interest of our country.

But dead certain you'd think it was a crime if we did.

Try to be intellectually honest a little bit.

No one is saying to nuke anything.

Apparently Obama did it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/06/news/economy/obama-over-11-million-jobs/index.html

That's the headline. Sorry bro the ******** comes from both sides.

You clearly need to reread my post. I was specifically talking about the right wing narrative under obama which discredited the executive from the economic success of the country to the current right wing narrative that Trunp is 100 percent responsible for the economic success of the country.

I personally just can't keep up with all of the changing positions of the right wing.

A few new reports on the antifa

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

Antifa is short for anti-fascists. The term is used to define a broad group of people whose political beliefs lean toward the left -- often the far left -- but do not conform with the Democratic Party platform. The group doesn't have an official leader or headquarters, although groups in certain states hold regular meetings.

Antifa positions can be hard to define, but many members support oppressed populations and protest the amassing of wealth by corporations and elites. Some employ radical or militant tactics to get their message across.
Scott Crow, a former Antifa organizer, says the "radical ideals" promoted by Antifas are starting to be adopted by liberals. "They would never have looked at (those ideals) before, because they saw us as the enemy as much as the right-wingers."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/unmasking-antifa-anti-fascists-hard-left/index.html

Antifa activists, who operate without any centralized leadership, told CNN that their goal is peace and inclusivity. They often denounce capitalism and government. Since Trump entered the world stage, they've condemned his push to tighten immigration rules and what some view as his tendency toward racism.
While Antifa members don't fit a single category, they say many are millennials and many live on society's fringes: undocumented immigrants, transgender people, low-wage workers, those who don't conform to the traditional 9-to-5.
And their methods are often violent. Antifa leaders admit they're willing to physically attack anyone who employs violence against them or who condones racism -- as long as force is used in the name of eradicating hatred.

CNN is not precious. It's not even particularly good. It's just not the evil conservatives paint it as.

I love CNN's Larry King in all these infomercials an storied history of fake product endorsements like that one that claimed it killed bad breath an was sued for fake advertisement an lost went bankrupt. That is CNN quality.

I love CNN's Larry King in all these infomercials an storied history of fake product endorsements like that one that claimed it killed bad breath an was sued for fake advertisement an lost went bankrupt. That is CNN quality.

You get the Larry King did not report news, right? You understand the difference between news coverage and entertainment and the difference in standards that comes with that?

CNN is not precious. It's not even particularly good. It's just not the evil conservatives paint it as.

I know I git yer point in this here thread just goin on the counter ta show just how daggum bad American media is. They fightin over so darn many dollars that they do not care fer legitimate content value. Hell, how many billionaires has media created? Ted Turner, Summer Redstone, Murdoch list goes on an on

I know I git yer point in this here thread just goin on the counter ta show just how daggum bad American media is. They fightin over so darn many dollars that they do not care fer legitimate content value. Hell, how many billionaires has media created? Ted Turner, Summer Redstone, Murdoch list goes on an on

So what you're sayin is you have something in common.

:cool:

I don't know about you all but I am impressed with [MENTION=4486]Boris[/MENTION] full transformation from Russian, to American to Hillbilly in the way he types.