What's new

Just in from CNN

Looks like another terrorist attack in New York after a truck plows through a crowd in Manhattan (it hasn't been confirmed a terrorist attack, but the media is reporting speculation.) Just this week alone, there have been 444 people around the world killed by terrorist attacks.
A foreign U of U student was shot and killed at the U last night in an attempted car-jacking. I don't understand how one could so carelessly take someone's life. ****ing disgusting.

You mean the carjacker or the person who shot the carjacker? Did the carjacker have a weapon, was anyone threatened? If I saw someone carjacking someone who may have a kid in the back seat or whatever and I had the means to stop it, I like to think I would stop it.

You mean the carjacker or the person who shot the carjacker? Did the carjacker have a weapon, was anyone threatened? If I saw someone carjacking someone who may have a kid in the back seat or whatever and I had the means to stop it, I like to think I would stop it.
I thought the car jacker shot the kid while attempting to steal the car?

Excellent find as it ups the dirty media outrage hysteria as-long-as-they-can-make-money-on-it business model. So The Obama's waited 5 full days for investigative findings to come out before condemning these actions? Yeah, I'm sure they are vile people who condone this stuff by their silence until it becomes media. Give me a break.
There's something to be said about waiting. In our crazy world now, we jump to conclusions within minutes before we have adequate information. I have a friend who will not even discuss a news story for at least two days. He wants to make sure he has good intel before he forms his opinions and then spouts off about it.

And if I was famous, I'd want to take even more time - because anything you say will be used against you for the rest of your life. Being cautious is a great idea.

So for me this is an example of corruption and conspiracy that maintains it's place in reality. No need for shadowy grand conspiracy theories, there is real corruption and real conspiracy we should focus on.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/elizabeth-warren-democratic-party/index.html

How one word from Elizabeth Warren exposed the massive split in the Democratic Party

Writes Brazile:
"The funding arrangement with [Hillary For America] and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical. If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party's integrity."

In essence, Brazile is saying that because Clinton helped raised massive amounts of money through state parties for the DNC, the candidate and her team were given operational control over the party committee before Clinton was the actual nominee.

The Brazile allegations confirm the long-held suspicions of Sanders supporters who were convinced during the campaign that the party establishment's thumb was always on the scale for Clinton. And that the party apparatus worked to keep Sanders from having a fair chance at winning the Democratic nomination because, well, they didn't like him.

So for me this is an example of corruption and conspiracy that maintains it's place in reality. No need for shadowy grand conspiracy theories, there is real corruption and real conspiracy we should focus on.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/02/politics/elizabeth-warren-democratic-party/index.html

Fox was running a story that Donna Brazile, the former DNC chairwoman, confirmed all this and basically said that the DNC was in debt and made a deal with the Clinton team. Their team gets to make the decisions now and they will give the DNC financial solvency in return.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/2/brazile-says-obama-left-dnc-deep-debt-clinton-camp/

Washington times confirms. Places it a year before the Clinton nomination.

Sounds like Mueller has a lot of job security.

Fox was running a story that Donna Brazile, the former DNC chairwoman, confirmed all this and basically said that the DNC was in debt and made a deal with the Clinton team. Their team gets to make the decisions now and they will give the DNC financial solvency in return.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/2/brazile-says-obama-left-dnc-deep-debt-clinton-camp/

Yeah my quote is from Brazile's book. And while completely unscrupulous and dirty, it is unclear if such an arrangement is illegal. Political parties are not government agencies, they are private. The manner in which they choose their nominees is largely up to them. Obviously, a party seen to be fixing the nomination process looses a lot of credibility with the voters who identify with that party. The Democratic primaries were basically a dog and pony show for Hillary Clinton.

Yeah my quote is from Brazile's book. And while completely unscrupulous and dirty, it is unclear if such an arrangement is illegal. Political parties are not government agencies, they are private. The manner in which they choose their nominees is largely up to them. Obviously, a party seen to be fixing the nomination process looses a lot of credibility with the voters who identify with that party. The Democratic primaries were basically a dog and pony show for Hillary Clinton.

True, but I would think that with everything coming to light all the sudden it would at least deserve an preliminary investigation. Would it not? We will see what happens because I am not sure where this falls as far as legality like you mentioned.

There's something to be said about waiting. In our crazy world now, we jump to conclusions within minutes before we have adequate information. I have a friend who will not even discuss a news story for at least two days. He wants to make sure he has good intel before he forms his opinions and then spouts off about it.

And if I was famous, I'd want to take even more time - because anything you say will be used against you for the rest of your life. Being cautious is a great idea.

Yeah I think social media is still new enough that people in general just do not understand the ramifications of what gets posted in cyberspace. A friend of my son's from high school engaged in some sexting way back when (he is now 24) and my son told me that recently one of the pictures appeared in the guy's "memories" thing on facebook, of all places, even though he never posted them on facebook. Apparently someone else did a long time ago and tagged him in it (good thing it wasn't full frontal or anything apparently). I mean once you put something out there, it is there forever potentially and you lose all control over it. It is wise to be cautious.

The fish stinks from the head down.

True, but I would think that with everything coming to light all the sudden it would at least deserve an preliminary investigation. Would it not? We will see what happens because I am not sure where this falls as far as legality like you mentioned.
There would need to be suspicion of a crime having been committed for an investigation, I have yet to hear what that could have been.

Don't get me wrong, the DNC was a cluster**** of an organization and poorly run but that's not exactly a crime.

I have also not heard an example of how the DNC could have rigged the primary for Clinton. There's a lot of innuendo being thrown around that fits the Clinton is a crook narrative, but again no actual evidence of criminal wrong doing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

There would need to be suspicion of a crime having been committed for an investigation, I have yet to hear what that could have been.

Don't get me wrong, the DNC was a cluster**** of an organization and poorly run but that's not exactly a crime.

I have also not heard an example of how the DNC could have rigged the primary for Clinton. There's a lot of innuendo being thrown around that fits the Clinton is a crook narrative, but again no actual evidence of criminal wrong doing.

The Clinton team running the DNC show is about as rigged as it gets. It is a huge conflict of interest. Is it illegal? I don't know.

As for an "investigation" perhaps a review of the issue is a better way to put it. At the gov. level reviews to ensure that everything is on the up and up is very common. I support doing so here but then again I think they are almost all corrupt. Regardless of the letter by their name so I am probably biased here lol.

The DNC is going to have to make amends with democratic voters. There's a big opportunity to turn opinions on Trump into huge gains, but this kind of stuff could potentially kill all of that and just further disenfranchise voters and make people feel like none of it matters, might as well vote for incompetent reality TV personalities and see what happens.

The DNC is going to have to make amends with democratic voters. There's a big opportunity to turn opinions on Trump into huge gains, but this kind of stuff could potentially kill all of that and just further disenfranchise voters and make people feel like none of it matters, might as well vote for incompetent reality TV personalities and see what happens.

If they really cleaned house and campaigned on cleaning up their act (like that Dominos campaign about bettering their pizza a few years ago) I think they could garner a lot of attention for themselves. If 1 or 2 people are moved around it is a huge opportunity blown.

If they really cleaned house and campaigned on cleaning up their act (like that Dominos campaign about bettering their pizza a few years ago) I think they could garner a lot of attention for themselves. If 1 or 2 people are moved around it is a huge opportunity blown.

Domino's pizza is still hot trash, so I'm not sure it's the best analogy.

Domino's pizza is still hot trash, so I'm not sure it's the best analogy.

So you’re saying is it’s actually a better analogy than originally thought?

The Clinton team running the DNC show is about as rigged as it gets. It is a huge conflict of interest. Is it illegal? I don't know.

As for an "investigation" perhaps a review of the issue is a better way to put it. At the gov. level reviews to ensure that everything is on the up and up is very common. I support doing so here but then again I think they are almost all corrupt. Regardless of the letter by their name so I am probably biased here lol.
So what specifically do you suppose Clinton did in running the show that 'rigged' the primary? I agree it's a conflict of interest, but that doesn't make it illegal. This looks to me like a party tipping the scales a bit to favor their own party's candidate (Bernie is not a Democrat) which isn't really much of a surprise.

As someone who voted for Bernie during the primary I hope Brazil is trying to shed some light on what happened so we can heal some of the rifts in the party.

So what specifically do you suppose Clinton did in running the show that 'rigged' the primary? I agree it's a conflict of interest, but that doesn't make it illegal. This looks to me like a party tipping the scales a bit to favor their own party's candidate (Bernie is not a Democrat) which isn't really much of a surprise.

As someone who voted for Bernie during the primary I hope Brazil is trying to shed some light on what happened so we can heal some of the rifts in the party.

Under FEC law, an individual can contribute a maximum of $2,700 directly to a presidential campaign. But the limits are much higher for contributions to state parties and a party’s national committee.

Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund...

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”...

Right around the time of the convention, the leaked emails revealed Hillary’s campaign was grabbing money from the state parties for its own purposes, leaving the states with very little to support down-ballot races.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Last edited: