What's new

Kanter and Burke have got to go

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size]

For some reason I feel like it's my message-board mission to make a thread like this every month or so.

Burke:
He is a good player and has value right now. But his skills can be replaced pretty easily, and I think he's a bad fit, so cash in this asset. Hayward and Burks are better players, but they'll struggle when paired with Burke because of the defensive inefficiencies of that trio. If you play Exum, Smart, or Gordon alongside Hayward and Burks, then you're better off IMO.

(also, if I'm understanding Snyder's philosophy correctly, I think he'll value Hayward and Burks' skillsets over Trey's.)

Kanter:
Everyone talks about how far away he is on the defensive end, but, seriously, his offense is pretty far away, too. Passing and overall BBIQ have a long way to go. Considering that we'll be forced to pay him soon, I think you cut your losses now before you have to cut even bigger losses. There are probably teams who have a little more time to wait on his development; acquiring Kanter would be a low-risk/high-reward move (Bucks, Sixers).

No one is untouchable by any stretch of the imagination, but there's no one I'm looking to dump necessarily.

So what are we going to get for them? If the bucks give us their pick for kanter, Burke and five, then absolutely they must go. But to replace them with equally valued rookies or lesser value vets is not something I am interested in.

If we are going to keep running the treadmill of drafting guys with potential, I hope we are getting the ones like Jabari or wiggins that have superstar potential.

I agree on Kanter to some degree. I'm not so quick to dismiss Burke. But if he could net us a better player then so be it.

The problem is, you don't just dump Burke when you don't have another point guard yet. Maybe it's Neto or Exum, but we just aren't sure.

Hold on you are going to trade in excellent PNR guard when you've just hired a predominate PNR coach? Doesn't that seem illogical?

Kanter is also good(potentially great) in PNR situation as a pick and pop option.

If anything it was Hayward or as I've seen it commonly referred to here as "Hayffense" that reflected poorly on Burke and his skill-set. I see you and others blame Burke for the slower tempo, but if you pay attention that slowed tempo seem to be what the coaching staff wanted. Burke would get the ball then get the team into the offense set which meant he would pass the ball to Gordon and either set a screen on somebody or go to the other side of the court and wait. Only to get the ball in late clock situation if "Hayffense" failed to create a decent shot which often times it didn't. It really makes me wonder what team some of you were watching all year.

Trade when their value is high. It isn't right now. Corbin (and Locke) saw to that with Kanter by blaming him for everything from losing games to the slow economic recovery. Burke did it to himself with his shooting.
Hard to imagine ANY scenario that doesn't have both of them SIGNIFICANTLY improving their value this season. Certainly, if either of them were the linchpin in a trade to acquire a better starter, you do it. I could see Burke being combined with next year's pick, which will likely be late lottery, to acquire a better PG at the deadline. Or same type of scenario with Kanter to improve at the PF position.

Trade when their value is high. It isn't right now. Corbin (and Locke) saw to that with Kanter by blaming him for everything from losing games to the slow economic recovery. Burke did it to himself with his shooting.
Hard to imagine ANY scenario that doesn't have both of them SIGNIFICANTLY improving their value this season. Certainly, if either of them were the linchpin in a trade to acquire a better starter, you do it. I could see Burke being combined with next year's pick, which will likely be late lottery, to acquire a better PG at the deadline. Or same type of scenario with Kanter to improve at the PF position.

I'm totally fine with these scenarios. Just get value for them at some point.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];845604 said:
lol Highland Homie negged me for this thread. Doesn't he know that negs are only used for stupid, name-calling squabbles?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Highland homie=nobody's homie

With Snyder as our coach, I think he has a chance to flourish. I still think he is Jameer Nelson with better play-making ability (though he didnt show it last year) and that is a pretty good player.

And yeah, I hate the fact that both our bigs are below average passers (Favors does show some nice passing ability every now and then though). Really annoying having to go to the excellent passing of Boozer/Memo/Malone to the passing of Kanter (god awful) and Favors (inconsistent).

I think it's entirely too early to trade Burke. He will be better this upcoming year than last, so trading him now would not be getting maximum value.

I'm not sure about Kanter. I've seen real flashes of greatness, and I've also seen a child. Time is on his side as well, but less so relative to Burke. If trading up to get Parker, Kanter is the prime-player you try to push.

With Snyder as our coach, I think he has a chance to flourish. I still think he is Jameer Nelson with better play-making ability (though he didnt show it last year) and that is a pretty good player.

Even though the PG position wasn't as stacked as it is now Nelson was an all-star. And injuries really hurt any chance of him having a better career.

Hi All... New to the forum.

I would be on board with trading Kanter. My issue is not his defense I just think his decision making and movements are so slow. I don't know if you can fix that. I don't think he'll ever be a good passer because I don't think he sees the game well.

Also, everyone seems to think if Corbin would let him shoot threes he'd turn into Memo. He shoots 39% on 15-18 footers... back it up a few feet and what will he shoot?

I would only trade Burke if we drafted Smart and could get something good for him... like the #8th pick from Sacramento. I think what he gave us last year is replaceable but I'd like to see if he makes a jump this year.

And yeah, I hate the fact that both our bigs are below average passers (Favors does show some nice passing ability every now and then though). Really annoying having to go to the excellent passing of Boozer/Memo/Malone to the passing of Kanter (god awful) and Favors (inconsistent).

Watching the spurs bigs the past few games has made our passing deficiencies glaring to say the least.

players who were not raised on team basketball and have experience in only showing individual performance always shows the flaws on the best level.