What's new

Kanter or Vonleh

Kanter or Vonleh?

• Kanter

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Vonleh

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
defense is a team issue. we need better concepts and habits as a team before i can write anyone off individually. not saying kanter will ever be elite, but if boozer, west, al jefferson, etc. etc. can play major minutes on top 10 defenses, i believe kanter can in the right scheme.

Kanter.

Kanter & Favors started to work in end of season, which is the most recent history.

Kanter & Favors hasn't worked because:

A. Ty never made it a priority.
B. Kanter had never really been coached, so concluding it would/ will never is premature.
C. Kanter wasn't allowed to play "his game" under Corbin. No 3's from Kanter, meant no spacing.
C. Neither were passing big-men. Now? Both are trending upward.

A pairing of Vonleh and Favors would have similar problems, because:

A. Vonleh does not pass. Is another blackhole.
B. is smaller than Kanter.
C. His 3 pt shooting is something Kanter can do.
D. Favors will still be undersized to play the 5, and Vonleh's size necessitates Favors there. Marvin & Favors duo all over again, but w/ less passing and (if it translates) more rebounding (but you get the rebounding w/ Enes also).
E. Vonleh's D is overrated, and was out of place just like Kanter many times last year. He has potential w/ his wingspan, but so does Kanter. Saying Kanter can never defend after one season on a bad defensive team w/ bad defensive schemes is premature.

Enes has a great post game, Vonleh is very raw there.

Kanter is still young and raw, but he is farther along than Vonleh. Enes has the hands that everyone is raving about w/ Vonleh, yet he is taller, and has more muscle mass.
After reading this complete fail of a post, I've come to the conclusion that you, Sexual Favors is the dumbest poster on jazzfanz. This post is so bad, I'm thinking about finding other ways to get my jazz fix. To me this post and possibly this thread is more about Vonleh vs. Gordon then Vonleh vs Kanter. When I find the time and if I care to revisit this trash of a post, I'll show everyone how rediculus SF has become as a poster. Everything Vermin has said about you is right on the money, and not sure you and some of the others that emulate you are worth my time.

"RT@ryenarussillo: Talked to two GM's today that couldn't believe how out of shape Vonleh was at workouts. They were really annoyed."

How can a 18-year-old be that out of shape when he's in the running for a top draft choice? That's a huge red flag regarding the commitment of Vonleh. Actually, in my opinion that's three strikes. It's way too risky to go for a top draft pick who isn't serious about preparation.

"RT@ryenarussillo: Talked to two GM's today that couldn't believe how out of shape Vonleh was at workouts. They were really annoyed."

How can a 18-year-old be that out of shape when he's in the running for a top draft choice? That's a huge red flag regarding the commitment of Vonleh. Actually, in my opinion that's three strikes. It's way too risky to go for a top draft pick who isn't serious about preparation.

Wow. Not a good sign. So much or the chatter about him possibly going 4th (though I didn't believe him in the first place).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, cause that was their fault. Never mind the fact that Marvin and RJ fell the **** off. RJ shot 20% from 3 in April, and that was the only reason he was on the floor. Marvin shot 40% fg and 26% from 3 post all star. Neither of them could defend their positions, etc.

Definitely Kanter and Favors fault, though, eh?
solid post

After reading this complete fail of a post, I've come to the conclusion that you, Sexual Favors is the dumbest poster on jazzfanz. This post is so bad, I'm thinking about finding other ways to get my jazz fix. To me this post and possibly this thread is more about Vonleh vs. Gordon then Vonleh vs Kanter. When I find the time and if I care to revisit this trash of a post, I'll show everyone how rediculus SF has become as a poster. Everything Vermin has said about you is right on the money, and not sure you and some of the others that emulate you are worth my time.

lol

Yes. And if you haven't figured out yet friend, SF is über hard for Kanter. Just let him spout off about how amazing Kanter is and go about your day.

I see I have my own fan club now.

Think what you want about my posts, but at least I try to think things through when I form my opinions. I debate the facts and assess value, instead of getting caught up in hatred for players and engaging in personal attacks on posters because I can't back up my positions.

Yes, I do love Kanter, but I also love Burks, Favors, Hayward, and am warming up to Trey. When did it become wrong to be a Jazz fan on Jazzfanz!?

If you don't like my posts, you can ignore me.

Hardly a fan club. I just pointed out that you have an uber hard on for Kanter that is unbreakable. Like man of steel has never experienced such a hard on. No use in arguing with you.

wow, has SF banged your wife or what?

add-on: Vermin and TJFan have "rediculous" posts about "man of steal". melikey.

yeah it's all Kanter's fault, you know.
In April, Kanter averaged 15/12.8 in 30.5 minutes, not too shabby.
That said, team chemistry is important.
Jazz are going nowhere with this team, it seems and Kanter looks like the most expendable member of the Core5 (along with Burke) to tell the truth.
I voted for Vonleh. Potential, shooting skills, athleticism and big hands!
what is there not to like?
I toleja before, Kanter is a goner.

Iz this 15/12 not easy thing to get if they putting small forward onto you Kanter then blow up Jazz team because of slow feet defense Kanter? He does not get these numbers my friend if team put in one of the five player in whole league that Kanter can defend.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];844011 said:
Iz this 15/12 not easy thing to get if they putting small forward onto you Kanter then blow up Jazz team because of slow feet defense Kanter? He does not get these numbers my friend if team put in one of the five player in whole league that Kanter can defend.
Marvin Williams on the other hand, or RJ or Hayward or Burke enjoy total impunity and are gettting away with their non-stellar performances.
yeah Kanter cannot get it done.
read my post pls, Vonleh is arguably better than EK.

Last edited:
Marvin Williams on the other hand, or RJ or Hayward or Burke enjoy total impunity and are gettting away with their non-stellar performances.
yeah Kanter cannot get it done.
read my post pls, Vonleh is arguably better than EK.

What you mean impurity? These are no longer on Jazz my friend! They are no good enough!!!

Well, with excepting Burke of course. You know, we will draft on top him anyway so it does not mean much i think. Every one of these player will be blamed and made to pay for fail to make playoffs.

I see a lot of smoke, but no fire. Vonleh was just in tremendous shape a couple weeks ago for the combine, lol.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];844305 said:
I do not understand you. You want me to complain about player not on team? I do not see a point in this thing. You hold grudge too long, my friend.
grudge?
I am just reacting to your posts in this thread.
no worries, no grudges; we just disagree about Jazz roster, that's all.