What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Kanter's lack of passing drove him mad.

No doubt. But in the end it was Rudy who drove Kanter out of town. Rudy went from being third big to obvious starter and changed the way the Jazz viewed Enes long term. You can't pay three bigs $12 million +. Enes would never have been happy coming off the bench in Utah and had to be moved by the deadline in order to get anything back. I liked Enes. He had his shortcomings, but he's only 22 and hasn't really had much experience playing at a high level. His defense and passing will improve as he develops. I think he'll be a much better player in 2 or 3 years than he is today. Which could be scary.
I think he is pretty far from a bust, especially in that draft. Some posters here remind me of a guy who just got dumped by his girlfriend and is trying to talk himself into hating her.

Last edited:
I didn't hear a single poster prefer that they wanted Klay or Leonard with the 3rd overall pick.

99% of the time it was either Knight, or Williams. Occasionally JV-- who hasn't been much better than Kanter (if Toronto had Gobert, they'd trade JV as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. But in the end it was Rudy who drove Kanter out of town. Rudy went from being third big to obvious starter and changed the way the Jazz viewed Enes long term. You can't pay three bigs $12 million +. Enes would never have been happy coming off the bench in Utah and had to be moved by the deadline in order to get anything back. I liked Enes. He had his shortcomings, but he's only 22 and hasn't really had much experience playing at a high level. His defense and passing will improve as he develops. I think he'll be a much better player in 2 or 3 years than he is today. Which could be scary.
I think he is pretty far from a bust, especially in that draft. Some posters here remind me of a guy who just got dumped by his girlfriend and is trying to talk himself into hating her.

My belief is that he will not likely improve enough at defense or passing to be even NBA mediocre at either, he will be better but still bad. He is 3.5 years into this now, and not showing signs of "getting it." Jeff Van G was on the radio awhile ago and saying that if you have a guy that you have to constantly exhort to play hard, to play with intensity, you have the wrong guy. That was Enes.

(if Toronto had Gobert, they'd trade JV as well)
Probably not. JV has another year left on his rookie deal, and Amir's ankles might be done by then. Without Amir and JV, they'd have to start Patterson or Hansbrough.

Probably not. JV has another year left on his rookie deal, and Amir's ankles might be done by then. Without Amir and JV, they'd have to start Patterson or Hansbrough.

Bro. If they had the option of starting JV or Gobert-- they're starting Gobert.

I didn't hear a single poster prefer that they wanted Klay or Leonard with the 3rd overall pick.

99% of the time it was either Knight, or Williams. Occasionally JV-- who hasn't been much better than Kanter (if Toronto had Gobert, they'd trade JV as well)

Pretty sure Brandon Knight got traded for teh Laker's pick top 5 protected this year or their pick top 10 next year. Sounds like he got better return than Kanter.

We as fans really underrate length and shooting don't we? I was guilty of it too.

Pretty sure Brandon Knight got traded for teh Laker's pick top 5 protected this year or their pick top 10 next year. Sounds like he got better return than Kanter.

He took a while to develop too. Detroit traded a cheap BK and Khris Middleton for an expensive Brandon Jennings... God bless joe dumars. If he ever becomes a GM again DL needs to call him everyday.

Sad thing is if we don't move up we likely would have been in the range to take Leonard or knight. I liked BK more than the euro bigs because he filled a role but I wasn't real excited about him.

People that think Kanter will develop into an all star in OKC have lost their mind. Kanter is basically Carlos Boozer lite. Granted Boozer did have some great years, but at the end of the day was a Carlos Boozer ever going to win you a ring? no. Boozer played the same amount of defense Kanter and Big al played.

I was so sick and tired of seeing the ball being fed down low to kanter only to watch a wide open player on the 3 point line get totally missed. Kanter black hole offense will not be missed. Also I won't miss Kanter settin 3-4 illegal screens a game and causing 3 more head scratching turn overs.

Boozer was elite at passing the ball. If Kanter could pass like Boozer, we would have gotten a haul for him on the trade market DESPITE his defensive limitations. The problem with Kanter is not that he doesn't WANT to pass, it is that he doesn't have the spatial awareness to understand where his teammates are or where the open man is. Unless he can see the man and isn't being defended, he can't really make the pass. He only knows where he is and where the basket is. He also has a difficult time accounting for help defenders for the exact same reason. I'm not sure that this is something that can ever be "fixed" with him.

When we had the #6 pick I wanted Burks. When we had the third pick, I wanted Knight. When a burks was available at 12, I rejoiced. I remember a friend in the Jazz Org kept bringing up Thompson's name at #3. It appears that a lot of GM's didn't have the guts to take an "unknown" like Klay, even though they knew better.

Boozer was elite at passing the ball. If Kanter could pass like Boozer, we would have gotten a haul for him on the trade market DESPITE his defensive limitations. The problem with Kanter is not that he doesn't WANT to pass, it is that he doesn't have the spatial awareness to understand where his teammates are or where the open man is. Unless he can see the man and isn't being defended, he can't really make the pass. He only knows where he is and where the basket is. He also has a difficult time accounting for help defenders for the exact same reason. I'm not sure that this is something that can ever be "fixed" with him.

Kanter is nowhere near the player Boozer was.

Malone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boozer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Al>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanter

When we had the #6 pick I wanted Burks. When we had the third pick, I wanted Knight. When a burks was available at 12, I rejoiced. I remember a friend in the Jazz Org kept bringing up Thompson's name at #3. It appears that a lot of GM's didn't have the guts to take an "unknown" like Klay, even though they knew better.

Klay had a pending marijuana possession charge against him as well - probably hurt his stock a bit.

Brandon Knight's developed into a helluva PG. He scores a lot, but still has pretty high percentages. Only 5 assists/per which is a knock. He's a rich man's Trey Burke. I can see why Phoenix decided to go with Knight and Bledose moving forward. They're willing to match whatever offer he gets. And so they decided the Laker's pick next season was worth giving up.

On the other hand, Kanter was on record as believing he deserves a max contract. Very doubtful OKC is going to be able to reach a reasonable deal for him. He'll play for the QO and given the bevy of bigs OKC already has, likely be an UFA in 2016.

Brandon Knight's developed into a helluva PG. He scores a lot, but still has pretty high percentages. Only 5 assists/per which is a knock. He's a rich man's Trey Burke. I can see why Phoenix decided to go with Knight and Bledose moving forward. They're willing to match whatever offer he gets. And so they decided the Laker's pick next season was worth giving up.

On the other hand, Kanter was on record as believing he deserves a max contract. Very doubtful OKC is going to be able to reach a reasonable deal for him. He'll play for the QO and given the bevy of bigs OKC already has, likely be an UFA in 2016.

Bucks fan's really really disliked him.

What I don't like about the Phoenix trade is they basically traded Knight on a rookie deal (the Lakers pick) for Knight on a max deal. Not smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.