What's new

Kanter traded to OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, Kanter was on record as believing he deserves a max contract. Very doubtful OKC is going to be able to reach a reasonable deal for him. He'll play for the QO and given the bevy of bigs OKC already has, likely be an UFA in 2016. [/I]

Agree, that will likely happen. However, I think the gamble was worth the risk (they didn't lose any major asset tbh). The FO knows that their championship window is now, before KD becomes an UFA in 2016. I don't see Kanter staying there long term.

Agree, that will likely happen. However, I think the gamble was worth the risk (they didn't lose any major asset tbh). The FO knows that their championship window is now, before KD becomes an UFA in 2016. I don't see Kanter staying there long term.

Kanter is a good backup plan if Durrant leaves. They would still have Westbrook and Kanter.

Kanter is a good backup plan if Durrant leaves. They would still have Westbrook and Kanter.

Kanter is a very POOR plan if Durrant leaves. Kanter is a very good 3rd big. If you are depending upon him to replace Durrant's production you are in serious trouble.

Kanter is a very POOR plan if Durrant leaves. Kanter is a very good 3rd big. If you are depending upon him to replace Durrant's production you are in serious trouble.

I imagine the GM at the press conference saying "we let Durant walk but at least we got Kanter".

I imagine the GM at the press conference saying "we let Durant walk but at least we got Kanter".

I've got this suspicion that, when looking back at the rise and fall of the Thunder, tonight may be one of those watershed moments, like us letting Matthews go. Kanter is something, but I am fairly certain he is not what Oklahoma City thinks he is. Hopefully he can hide it long enough for them to give him a $15 million dollar contract, thereby screwing a division rival.

Disagree,think he will become great.

Care to elaborate on that?

Second point: Even so, at this junction in our team, I don't think he is the right fit. Defensively he is not even on the same wavelength as the other players and it makes it so much more frustrating when you have 1 guy dragging his feet all the time. Same with the offense, the guy just doesn't pass - he is possibly the worst fit for Quin's system.

I've got this suspicion that, when looking back at the rise and fall of the Thunder, tonight may be one of those watershed moments, like us letting Matthews go. Kanter is something, but I am fairly certain he is not what Oklahoma City thinks he is. Hopefully he can hide it long enough for them to give him a $15 million dollar contract, thereby screwing a division rival.

I've thought about this for a bit yesterday, Sam Presti certainly has hit the home run with Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka (Durant fell on his lap). But he made a mistake thinking Jeremy Lamb would also be great. He is human.

Disagree,think he will become great.

Kanter great? Better chance that Kirk Snyder will make a comeback and play meaningful minutes for a contender. Kanter's defensive limitations and inconsitent jump shot will always stand before him and elite player status. Not to mention he's a horrific passer. Not sure a bigman who is both the worst rim protector and worst passer will ever be great

Kanter is going to be like Boozer or Big Al. He is perfectly capable of putting up 20/10. And he'll get a big contract because of it. There are plenty of GM's who only look at the box scores (they're the ones who get fired after 3-5 years). But where do you play him? He's not really a center or a PF. I think the team that grabs him in 2016 (I'm betting on him signing the QO this summer) is going to have buyer's remorse.

For OKC, it's a perfect trade. They needed depth with the injuries they've had and I'm pretty sure they're banking on him signing the QO for $7.5M. That's not a bad deal to have a big like Kanter.

It's 1+ months until Kanter visits Utah. I wonder what the fan reaction will be.

Kanter starting for OKC! 6 points (3-3) and 2 boards in six minutes. What have we done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat the hell out of Portland by playing amazing defense!

The question was never IF Kanter was a good player; he is. It was all about asset allocation. Do the Jazz want to pay $15M/per to sign Kanter to a 4yr deal or have him play for the QO next season and leave as an UFA.

Well Kanter started for OKC ,is 3 for 3 (6 pts ) 2rebounds .....so much for coming off the bench haters

Kanter is starting because Steven Adams broke his hand. Wonder if OKC will start him or bring him off the bench for defense after Adams comes back.

Well Kanter started for OKC ,is 3 for 3 (6 pts ) 2rebounds .....so much for coming off the bench haters
Sam Adams is out with a hangover.

I would expect Steven Adams to start when he returns. I also think they want to find time for McGary and Collison. McGary is beasting right now. And don't forget Ibaka. It's a crowded frontcourt.

Status
Not open for further replies.