What's new

KU and Mizzou to the MWC?

So if Texas stays and A&M bolts that leaves 9 in the former Big 12. Who fills those spots? Or do they just stay at 9 or bump to 10 or try to get back to 12 again.

TCU. Maybe they add three too and get back to 12...the school where June Jones went. I think it's SMU. And one more...

Funny that after all of the BS and all of the new speculation. The original rumor looks like it is the one that happens for the PAC-12.

There is still this

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...ectid=92&articleid=20100610_202_B1_OKLAHO7815

Castiglione acknowledged that BYU and Air Force are two teams the Big 12 might look at if it can convince Texas to help hold the conference together.

Also, rumour is that PAC-10 deputy commisioner Weiberg is flying into Kansas City to meet with KU AD Perkins tomorrow. Even if the Big-12 stays together does KU bolt for the PAC-XX?

Has there been any rumours regarding anyone form anywhere flying into Salt Lake?

That is old news. A lot has changed since that report (which is from the 10th). Now it is a 10 team league being pushed, and reports that they never liked the championship game anyway. See this:
https://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1094038

Also, rumour is that PAC-10 deputy commisioner Weiberg is flying into Kansas City to meet with KU AD Perkins tomorrow. Even if the Big-12 stays together does KU bolt for the PAC-XX?
Uh, no. He was supposedly flying to KC last night, but he never made it. He stayed in Austin and flew back to Cali from there this morning. See this:
https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/06/14/pac.10.kansas.ap/index.html

Has there been any rumours regarding anyone form anywhere flying into Salt Lake?
Yes, Pac 10 officials were confirmed to have been in SLC over the weekend. See this:
https://twitter.com/ScottyGKFAN/status/16116914102

Uh, no. He was supposedly flying to KC last night, but he never made it. He stayed in Austin and flew back to Cali from there this morning. See this:
https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/06/14/pac.10.kansas.ap/index.html

The PAC-XX commish Larry Scott never made it to KU yesterday due to weather conditions and has a meeting tomorrow and needed to head back to CA. Scott is sending the PAC-XX deputy commish Weiberg back to Kansas to meet with KU officials tomorrow.

I'm glad I wasn't online when this went down. I still think it's a possibility when the dust settles, but maybe that's being overly optimistic. Hopefully it was a Ute fan that got into that twitter account because it's kind of funny if that was a prank.

Yeah I guess they are saying the twitter account was hacked. Either it's a hillarious prank or they just jumped the gun and didn't want to admit they were wrong.

Very few TV dollars in TCU, especially to the Big XII as it currently sits.

Isn't TCU part of the Dallas market? I would think that is pretty good for tv revenue.

Nobody talked about them in the past because tv revenue was not such a big part of it in the past. Also, TCU wasn't big on athletics.

With them expanding the football stadium and getting serious about their sports, they will be in the mix before too long. If the Big 12 Lite goes back to 12 teams, I would be shocked if TCU wasn't considered.

Isn't TCU part of the Dallas market? I would think that is pretty good for tv revenue.

Nobody talked about them in the past because tv revenue was not such a big part of it in the past. Also, TCU wasn't big on athletics.

With them expanding the football stadium and getting serious about their sports, they will be in the mix before too long. If the Big 12 Lite goes back to 12 teams, I would be shocked if TCU wasn't considered.
they may be part of the Dallas market but the big 12 already has that market in spades. TCU also has a hard time filling their stadium and brings nothing that the Big 12 does not already have. TCU does not really make sense for the Big 12.

they may be part of the Dallas market but the big 12 already has that market in spades. TCU also has a hard time filling their stadium and brings nothing that the Big 12 does not already have. TCU does not really make sense for the Big 12.

What makes you say TCU has a hard time filling their stadium? They just had a renovation in 2008 and they are set to have another one following the 2010 football season:
https://gofrogs.cstv.com/facilities/tcu-facilities-football.html

If they are really having trouble selling tickets, I wouldn't expect them to upgrade the stadium every few years.

What makes you say TCU has a hard time filling their stadium? They just had a renovation in 2008 and they are set to have another one following the 2010 football season:
https://gofrogs.cstv.com/facilities/tcu-facilities-football.html

If they are really having trouble selling tickets, I wouldn't expect them to upgrade the stadium every few years.

Something that was said on the radio during the TCU/Utah game a few years ago. Maybe they were just wrong or maybe I got the context wrong. Either way I stand corrected and should have looked it up.

Still why would the Big 12 want another Texas school to add when they already have Texas covered?

I think the MWC is even with the addition of Boise and the subtraction of Utah. Now arguing whether the Pac 10 actually got a good deal out of getting Colorado and Utah might be a little harder to gauge. Buy hey, when your board members are all probably stoned out of their minds when they meet, that **** tends to result.

Last edited:
I think the MWC is even with the addition of Boise and the subtraction of Utah. Now arguing whether the Pac 10 actually got a good deal out of getting Colorado and Utah might be a little harder to gauge.
Even?

LOL! Only a BYU fan could come up with such nonsense. Ask yourself this, if Utah and Boise are even, then why wasn't Boise considered for the Pac 10? They actually play some of their sports in the Pac 10 already, so it wouldn't have been a big deal to add them for the rest.

Back to reality. Utah has a bigger and better stadium that recently hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the olympics (and was totally rebuilt for it), is way better in every other sport (with newer, bigger and better facilities across the board), a bigger city with better accomodations (hotels, car rentals, airport, etc) for visitors (including fans, athletes, and media), a bigger market so the tv network can charge more for commercials and marketing during Ute games than BSU games, and more attractions around the city for visitors to enjoy while they are here.

There is just no question about this. Utah is a bigger and better program in almost every conceivable way. Anyone saying Boise for Utah is an equal trade is out of their mind. The only way they are comparable is for the last couple years they have both had some pretty good football teams. But if that doesn't last forever and both schools have to find other ways to contribute to a conference, Utah is the clear winner in every way.