What's new

Kyrie Irving

Good point. The question is do we win a championship with Kyrie? That's the gamble.

I don't think so. How many teams won titles led by their best two players being 6'3" shoot first guards?

To get Kyrie this summer, we have to renounce Rubio, Thabo, Udoh and Niang. We also have to decline on Favors and maybe even Neto too. After that, it's very likely we still need to shed more if we pay him the max. After we sign Kyrie, we would have two exceptions to work with - $4.6 and $3.6. I just don't think we can fill the necessary depth. Crowder would have to start which makes every rotation a little thinner and weaker.

Keep him in check from what? What is it that you think he would do if he were with the jazz and we were winning around 60 games?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
You mean just like he's doing with the Celtics, who have far more talent than we do right now? If he is such a head case that media attention is enough to cause him to break an entire conference finals team in one season why the ever loving **** would we want him here?

I don't think so. How many teams won titles led by their best two players being 6'3" shoot first guards?

To get Kyrie this summer, we have to renounce Rubio, Thabo, Udoh and Niang. We also have to decline on Favors and maybe even Neto too. After that, it's very likely we still need to shed more if we pay him the max. After we sign Kyrie, we would have two exceptions to work with - $4.6 and $3.6. I just don't think we can fill the necessary depth. Crowder would have to start which makes every rotation a little thinner and weaker.

Favors is the only real loss there. How good is Kyrie on defense? That is where the issue would be. I think Donovan and Kyrie could do amazingly together offensively.

You mean just like he's doing with the Celtics, who have far more talent than we do right now? If he is such a head case that media attention is enough to cause him to break an entire conference finals team in one season why the ever loving **** would we want him here?
I think you are simplifying things too much in order to place every Celtics issue squarely on one player.

I think you are simplifying things too much in order to place every Celtics issue squarely on one player.

Maybe but have you read much coming out of Boston? Every report I've seen points to two people: Irving and Hayward, with Irving carrying the bulk of the weight.

Not sure about 'never happen' anymore. PG13 chose OKC too and look how it worked out.
Kyrie is a strange dude. He can make a strange choice this offseason joining Utah instead of New York to run away from clowns.

He's not a diva by the way. He says strange stuff all the time, yes but it's not his fault that he kept finding himself in chaotic circumstances.

He played for CLE and BOS. None of these was his choices. CLE is a terrible club. BOS has the most stupid fans and media.
He'll make his first real choice this offseason.

This is spot on. totally agree.

Because situations/circumstances/way of life can affect people differently. And we have the power to change our ways and our outlook on things if we choose to. We can grow. And learn how NOT do do things. Utah could be just the place for Irving. Right place, right time. And more importantly... the right supporting cast is there for him. And a great coach. In a BIG way. Irving/Rudy’s/DM? Are you kidding? All in their prime or younger?

Or perhaps he’s not quite ready for that, this is all posturing on his part, he secretly loves all of this, and NY or LA are next. In which case, yes, I wouldn’t want him here either.

But if he actually chose to be here? If he was ready for something like this? DL would most certainly have to pull the trigger. So we lose Favors. I think of it as more of a trade than a free agent pick up. Would I do a Favors for Irving trade? And we would most certainly be in the conversation for years to come.

This is spot on. totally agree.

Because situations/circumstances/way of life can affect people differently. And we have the power to change our ways and our outlook on things if we choose to. We can grow. And learn how NOT do do things. Utah could be just the place for Irving. Right place, right time. And more importantly... the right supporting cast is there for him. And a great coach. In a BIG way. Irving/Rudy’s/DM? Are you kidding? All in their prime or younger?

Or perhaps he’s not quite ready for that, this is all posturing on his part, he secretly loves all of this, and NY or LA are next. In which case, yes, I wouldn’t want him here either.

But if he actually chose to be here? If he was ready for something like this? DL would most certainly have to pull the trigger. So we lose Favors. I think of it as more of a trade than a free agent pick up. Would I do a Favors for Irving trade? And we would most certainly be in the conversation for years to come.
Agree to disagree. Irving is showing himself to be a cancer. We don't need any metastasized tumors.

The social media commentary is spot-on imo. I've read studies they show that rates of depression go up the more time people spend on social media, and also with the number of accounts you are active on. Our family is predisposed to this, and when my daughter started having issues our psychiatrist had her cut back on her social media so she dropped Twitter entirely and reduced down to Instagram and Facebook primarily and she showed a marked improvement and avoided using medication. The connection is very real.

BTW, while she did this she went through the classic stages of withdrawal. It was truly disturbing.

Draymond Green has multiple rings. As does Dennis Rodman.
Draymond is not a head case. And Rodman didn't win it, MJ and Pippen did.

Some guys have to go, yes, but Utah has too much depth anyway, e.g. three rotation PGs go down and they go ahead and play like nothing happened.
Why let Fav walk for nothing? Utah can still keep him and have the below roster which has more depth than those with three stars tend to have.
Doesn't the below roster could work with the use of exceptions? I'm not an expert on the salary cap, perhaps you or another poster such as @MVP or @colton know better.

'19-20 SALARY CAP: $109
Kyrie's max: $35.15

Kyrie, DM, Ingles, Fav, Gobert = $92
Crow, Neto, O'Neale, Korver, Udoh = $21
+ 3rd stringers $3
total = $116 (exceptions $108 ✓)

Are you sure there is a correlation? HOU almost won it with 6'0" and 6'5" guards only last season.

Headcases don't win titles. Dude is legit.
EP-708119740.jpg&updated=201108112126&MaxW=600&maxH=600&noborder

Reactions: MVP
Are you sure there is a correlation? HOU almost won it with 6'0" and 6'5" guards only last season.
I guess some say there is always a first time for everything....

I dont think Kyrie is a good idea. I like the spotlight on Donovan because he seems to bring everybody good vibes. Kyrie seems to be the polar opposite of that.

And I don't think it's long before Donovan is a better player. As Kyrie ages, he will become more and more of a liability like AI. When AI lost that half a step, he went from All Star to issue very quickly.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The social media commentary is spot-on imo. I've read studies they show that rates of depression go up the more time people spend on social media, and also with the number of accounts you are active on. Our family is predisposed to this, and when my daughter started having issues our psychiatrist had her cut back on her social media so she dropped Twitter entirely and reduced down to Instagram and Facebook primarily and she showed a marked improvement and avoided using medication. The connection is very real.

BTW, while she did this she went through the classic stages of withdrawal. It was truly disturbing.

There is a direct correlation between how much time I spend on Jazzfanz and how little faith I have in humanity...

"FO has no spine! Be bold!"

"I would hate it if we signed a fantastic player in free agency"

Y'all can't keep your own logic straight. Suddenly attitude and **** matter? What's the Rubio argument again? Kyrie is way better than Conley. You guys act like you hate the treadmill and then retreat into shells at every potential opportunity (not that this is a real opportunity, but we are talking in hypotheticals here) like you are waiting for Michael Jordan to join the team and be the missing piece. Oh wait you guys probably wouldn't want him because he was mean to teammates.

Can we at least get the logic straight?

"FO has no spine! Be bold!"

"I would hate it if we signed a fantastic player in free agency"

Y'all can't keep your own logic straight. Suddenly attitude and **** matter? What's the Rubio argument again? Kyrie is way better than Conley. You guys act like you hate the treadmill and then retreat into shells at every potential opportunity (not that this is a real opportunity, but we are talking in hypotheticals here) like you are waiting for Michael Jordan to join the team and be the missing piece. Oh wait you guys probably wouldn't want him because he was mean to teammates.

Can we at least get the logic straight?
I don't really believe that Kyrie is way better than Conley. Offensively, yes, but otherwise, Conley is superior, as a distributor and defender. So, overall, Kyrie might have a slight edge as most of us agree here that Conley has been underrated his entire career. When you factor in age though Kyrie is a better option. But on the Jazz, so far as chemistry, Conley might be better. It's difficult to say until they actually play for us.