Kyrie Irving

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by jjscap, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    The Rubio logic is valid...chemistry DOES matter. But talent does too. In Ricky's case, he isnt so overwhelmingly great on defense that his horrible shooting can be overcome, especially given the other non-shooter the Jazz have in Gobert. As for Irving, he wants to be "the man." That's why he no longer wanted to play alongside Lebron. Jazz already have their alpha in Mitchell. I dont see how those two could co-exist. Jazz need another scorer, not a ball dominant PG.

2. David Hume

David Hume Active Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Yes, if Kyrie wants to join our team, I’m on board. Imagine if we passed on him. Given our track record with free agents, we’d probably be left with signing Isaih Caanan or whatever his name is.

3. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    We really needed Paul George. No other player in the league would have meshed as well. Damnit. With PG we'd be well into 1st.

4. The mailman

The mailman Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2018
    No doubt. You look at certain teams that have taken big time risks - OKC with George, Toronto with Leonard, the 76s - the risks might not work out as planned - but man, as a fan I would be fully on board.

The Jazz? When is the last time they took a swing at something big?

This off season is crucial.

colton likes this.
  5. Bawse Dawg

Bawse Dawg Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Kyrie is a tier or maybe even 2 above Conley as a player.

And Conley is awesome, Kyrie is just an incredible basketball player, which it seems no one wants to acknowledge around here.

23/5/7 on 50/42/87, magnitudes better and more efficient than Mike. 5 years younger too, there's really no comparison for what each would do for our team.

fishonjazz likes this.