What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

So yeah, that’s why the Heat might pay handsomely to get off the deal.
I never would have guessed...:rolleyes:

I understand that, but I just don't like the deal. Bogie is a positive asset, Robinson is a huge negative. A FRP doesn't do enough to balance it. Taking on Westbrook is fine. He's in the last year of his contract so won't obstruct a rebuild. Robinson is owed $75 million over the next 4 years. Short term bad salary is fine. Long term bad salary without siginificantly better compensation isn't.

So on the Hoop Collective this AM Windy mentions LA and Westbrook. Definitely says the Westbrook play nice thing is about him staying in LA. He's still dubious and thinks they move him. Mentioned Westbrook changing his game is like the reports of a guy gaining 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason.... Happens every offseason. I think there is a chance the Lakers buy in and keep him. There are other JC and Bogey suitors so I'm cool if that is the case and the Lakers keep Westbrook because it will fail so catastrophically.

Not from the podcast... this is all me - There is also a chance they wait it out and start the season to see if Turner is healthy and then maybe they make the big trade. I think it is unwise for them to wait at all... as they can't afford to get off to a slow start in the west. They need to be able to manage AD and Lebron towards the end of the season and not rely on a late season push.

Either way I think we win... the Lakers fail giving us a little joy or we get their pick(s).

If the trade doesn't happen by week's end I will completely abandon Down Payment Theory and just admit the THT trade simply sucks... I will also kill myself in the most dishonorable way possible to atone for my mistake.

I also like Jovic quite a bit. I can get down with it.

Bogey for Robinson + Jovic + 2023 unprotected 1st

They need to add in something to close the deal maybe a pick swap in 2026 or a couple seconds.
I'm not a big Jovic fan... but whatevs. I do want their 2023 pick and you'd get it unprotected because of the 25 pick they own. The East is a monster and a long term Jimmy or Bam injury and they could be play in status real quick. A swap down the line in 27 would be nice or maybe we can slip a Rudy Gay salary dump in there (I mean Duncan getting dumped on us so its not a great dump).

Duncan is a good reclamation project. Not sure he ever is worth his contract but there is a chance he gets to neutral or slightly positive value.

I understand that, but I just don't like the deal. Bogie is a positive asset, Robinson is a huge negative. A FRP doesn't do enough to balance it. Taking on Westbrook is fine. He's in the last year of his contract so won't obstruct a rebuild. Robinson is owed $75 million over the next 4 years. Short term bad salary is fine. Long term bad salary without siginificantly better compensation isn't.

His last year is about half guaranteed. It’s essentially a 4/63.5M. We are not going to be very good anytime in the next 2-3 years. Maybe we can rehab his value and move him for something later on or guess what we cut him and pay 9.88M in his last year or have a nice expiring contract to work with along with all of our amazing assets.

A 2028 or 2029 unprotected 1st is nothing to sneeze at. Neither is a 2023 unprotected 1st + Jovic + extra.

We absolutely should be squarely in the taking bad salary with assets attached business.

I'm not a big Jovic fan... but whatevs. I do want their 2023 pick and you'd get it unprotected because of the 25 pick they own. The East is a monster and a long term Jimmy or Bam injury and they could be play in status real quick. A swap down the line in 27 would be nice or maybe we can slip a Rudy Gay salary dump in there (I mean Duncan getting dumped on us so its not a great dump).

Duncan is a good reclamation project. Not sure he ever is worth his contract but there is a chance he gets to neutral or slightly positive value.

I’d much rather have an unprotected 1st down the line but I’d settle for their 2023 1st + Jovic + a pick swap down the line.

I do think its wild that some national NBA guys are like... Bogey might be worth a protected first. I think he is way undervalued if that is true. He's a top 30 scorer by volume and does so on crazy efficiency without the ball in his hands... someone is getting a steal.

I do think its wild that some national NBA guys are like... Bogey might be worth a protected first. I think he is way undervalued if that is true. He's a top 30 scorer by volume and does so on crazy efficiency without the ball in his hands... someone is getting a steal.

I have seen the same and feel the same as you. He’s 100% netting an unprotected 1st.

I’d much rather have an unprotected 1st down the line but I’d settle for their 2023 1st + Jovic + a pick swap down the line.
I'm 50/50 on what I'd rather have. I think they'd much rather give up a 2023 pick. Since we didn't get another 2023 pick in the Donovan deal I think I kind of want to stack another pick in this draft. If it is as stacked as they say then I want as many picks as we can get... even if we just parlay one or two to get additional picks later. More rookies in 2024 also helps us tank that year... maybe.

It’s essentially two firsts with Jovic, who I think has huge upside. And we’re out a win now player we don’t want and cap space of questionable practical value besides taking on bad contracts for future assets. Which this is.

I’m still down for a three-team deal with Phoenix/Miami.

Bogey to Phoenix

Robinson/Shamet to Utah

Crowder/Gay to Miami

2 unprotected 2023 1sts headed our way as well.

When Lauri gets eligible to be traded again, do this:

Lakers:
Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Grayson Allen
Lauri Markannen

Bucks:
Jordan Clarkson
Weynen Gabriel

Jazz:
Russ Westbrook
Kendrick Nunn
Marjon Beauchamp
2027 Lakers pick
2029 Lakers pick

Lakers get a ton of shooting. Lauri can play some 4/5 if AD is injured. Grayson is great of the bench. And Bojan can help light them up. Conley is in the 95% percentile for catch and shoot shooting - perfect for Lebron. Bojan/Grayson/Lauri can be considered wings which the Lakers want. Lauri and Grayson are tradable at the end of the year if they want clear salary later on to get Kyrie.

The Jazz give up Bojan, Mike, Jordan, and Lauri for the two Lakers picks, Beauchamp, Nunn and Russ. :)

The Bucks get Jordan (an athlete) to pair up with Ingles (dad bod) to come off the bench and a young scrub.

Lakers:
Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Grayson Allen
Lauri Markannen

Bucks:
Jordan Clarkson
Weynen Gabriel

Jazz:
Russ Westbrook
Kendrick Nunn
Marjon Beauchamp
2027 Lakers pick
2029 Lakers pick

Lakers get a ton of shooting. Lauri can play some 4/5 if AD is injured. Grayson is great of the bench. And Bojan can help light them up. Conley is in the 95% percentile for catch and shoot shooting - perfect for Lebron. Bojan/Grayson/Lauri can be considered wings which the Lakers want. Lauri and Grayson are tradable at the end of the year if they want clear salary later on to get Kyrie.

The Jazz give up Bojan, Mike, Jordan, and Lauri for the two Lakers picks, Beauchamp, Nunn and Russ. :)

The Bucks get Jordan (an athlete) to pair up with Ingles (dad bod) to come off the bench and a young scrub.
I'm buying too much into the Euro Basket... but i do think Lauri has a breakout year for us if he stays healthy. I'm keeping him unless someone bowls us over for him.

Lakers:
Mike Conley
Bojan Bogdanovic
Grayson Allen
Lauri Markannen

Bucks:
Jordan Clarkson
Weynen Gabriel

Jazz:
Russ Westbrook
Kendrick Nunn
Marjon Beauchamp
2027 Lakers pick
2029 Lakers pick

He’s eligible to be traded I believe. Just has to be solo.

I'm buying too much into the Euro Basket... but i do think Lauri has a breakout year for us if he stays healthy. I'm keeping him unless someone bowls us over for him.

I think Sexton/Lauri are actually going to be solid players for us for sure. I think the players in totality coming back from the Cavs trade tipped the scales in their favor.

I think Sexton/Lauri are actually going to be solid players for us for sure. I think the players in totality coming back from the Cavs trade tipped the scales in their favor.
I think that’s a mistake. I really think ****ing around about the tank and getting mis-timed building blocks isn’t the best way to approach this. And that’s saying nothing of the good odds the Jazz return on those draft picks is poor.

The best thing the team can do now since they have a sub-optimal start is to redouble their efforts on sucking and getting more dice to roll for a blue chipper.

We need this deal to happen. So do the Lakers.