What's new

Lakers-Jazz Trade

We’re sending out a lot of talent and taking back dead salary. Better pony up. Just give us two second rounders, three first round pick swaps, and two second round pick swaps.

Then they can sell it that they’re only giving up two second rounders for a huge salary dump and a treasure trove of vets.
These guys are stupid dumb. They signed Schroeder and are still trying to sell the "we can work it out with Russ line". Gonna be awkward when Russ is backing up Schroeder and Bev. Their FA plan is also so damn dumb. They gotta get someone to take like 5-10M less than the max and waive every cap hold... might even have to trade their pick to clear some small salary. They really should want some expiring salary to use in a sign and trade next year. Even if they don't trade thier picks they should be moving Russ for salary that is 2 years out.

I love that the team with an 38 YO all-time player and another breakable superstar in his prime is looking to the future to hopefully sign Andrew Wiggins next year... what are you doing *******s?

I love that the team with an 38 YO all-time player and another breakable superstar in his prime is looking to the future to hopefully sign Andrew Wiggins next year... what are you doing *******s?
My son told me that AD was live-streaming 2k23 and was playing as himself, went up for a block and got injured in the game.

These guys are stupid dumb. They signed Schroeder and are still trying to sell the "we can work it out with Russ line". Gonna be awkward when Russ is backing up Schroeder and Bev. Their FA plan is also so damn dumb. They gotta get someone to take like 5-10M less than the max and waive every cap hold... might even have to trade their pick to clear some small salary. They really should want some expiring salary to use in a sign and trade next year. Even if they don't trade thier picks they should be moving Russ for salary that is 2 years out.
Or better yet, get a player that could really pop that has a team option for maximum versatility (Beasley). Or have GOOD players’ Bird Rights to add to the sign-and-trade possibility (Bogey). Or a young player that brings the ruckus and they could easily flip into space/TPE or to add value to the S&T. All of this saying nothing of making the Lakers really good again (which is supposed to be the goal, right?)!

I’m sorry, but I think they’re bluffing. There is no reason to have a conversation if they’re not considering sending out some real draft assets.

Where I’m settling is ‘26/‘27/‘29 (super-ish) swaps and multiple 2nds. They then fully retain ‘28 while ‘30 opens up and they get to keep some optionality and value for retaining a prized pick and/or more draft pick dealing down the road. Gives us premium optionality in two years we have lots of picks and no swaps (‘27 and ‘29), and raises the potential for a higher pick in ‘26. But we get three of these because we don't get an unprotected pick, and because there is no guarantee of realized value, we get 2nds too.

That is a huge range of potential realized return (could be better than two picks, could be almost nothing), but the Jazz are in a position to roll dice.

Last edited:
Or better yet, get a player that could really pop that has a team option for maximum versatility (Beasley). Or have GOOD players’ Bird Rights to add to the sign-and-trade possibility (Bogey). Or a young player that brings the ruckus and they could easily flip into space/TPE or to add value to the S&T. All of this saying nothing of making the Lakers really good again (which is supposed to be the goal, right?)!

I’m sorry, but I think they’re bluffing. There is no reason to have a conversation if they’re not considering sending out some real draft assets.

Where I’m settling is ‘26/‘27/‘29 (super-ish) swaps and multiple 2nds. They then fully retain ‘28 while ‘30 opens up and they get to keep some optionality and value for retaining a prized pick and/or more draft pick dealing down the road. Gives us premium optionality in two years we have lots of picks and no swaps (‘27 and ‘29), and raises the potential for a higher pick in ‘26. But we get three of these because we don't get an unprotected pick, and because there is no guarantee of realized value, we get 2nds too.

That is a huge range of potential realized return (could be better than two picks, could be almost nothing), but the Jazz are in a position to roll dice.
They could be bluffing but I think they are just dumb. They sent out Kuz, KCP, and a first to get Westbrook last year... because Russ wanted to go there and talked Lebron into it. They ain't smart.

They let AC walk when he was gonna give them a discount to stay... they could have kept both AC and THT but decided to save some money and chose THT.

They were rumored to not trade for Kyle Lowry 2 years ago cuz they didn't want to give up THT.

At some point you just have to accept that they might just be stupid.

If we haven't already we need to give these guys a deadline to give us a final answer. I say give them the weekend then just pivot to your other deals. If you have to keep JC, Mike, Beasley I am okay with that I guess.

It sounds like Indiana isn't going to budge (maybe the Lakers do), but once we bow out their options shrink down to 3 feasible scenarios.

I love how all the reports say the Lakers don't want to give up their 2 picks for Beasley, Clarkson, and Bogey...., LA market is so delusional

Not to be a negative Nancy, but this Schroeder signing has me suspecting any WB trade will not involve the Jazz. Anybody have a more positive outlook?

I bet the Lakers want Bogey, Markkanan, Beasley for their two picks. They would wait until Markkanan is eligible to be aggregated to be traded.

Not to be a negative Nancy, but this Schroeder signing has me suspecting any WB trade will not involve the Jazz. Anybody have a more positive outlook?
Conley was never going there and I thought they sign Schroeder whether we're involved or not.

The positive spin that I'm offering (and taking in) is that this is a signal that they're gearing up for a Westbrook trade and that's the crux of all of this discussion.

I bet the Lakers want Bogey, Markkanan, Beasley for their two picks. They would wait until Markkanan is eligible to be aggregated to be traded.
Nope. They are very focused and motivated to clear cap-space.

Their best outcome is build a contender of expiring contracts in a single move which would give them the option of retaining Bird Rights (or a team option) which opens up a greater number of possibilities in the offseason.

I've been trying to craft a trade that brings LA Bogey, Beasley, and Turner and results in them sending basically all of the picks and swaps that they can ('26/'27/'29 super-ish swaps and '28 unprotected [so that they can have the option of trading '30 next offseason]) to us and Indiana but it's hard to figure out. That would make them a legit contender and they would have sign-and-trade optionality that might allow them to keep some of those players and go after a Kyrie at the same time.

On the topic of aggregating: what I'm eyeing is the Jazz sending THT to the Pacers for no returning salary in such an instance. But I don't know how that can really be worked out on the timelines everyone's looking at (training camp's coming up, teams are trying to finalize any big changes to their rosters, and THT can't be aggregated until October... I guess maybe you could just send him in a technically separate deal?).

Last edited: