What's new

Lakers Trade Idea

I dont want this trade because of the finances. However, we would no doubt be a better team this year with this trade. Not a doubt.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Lakers would have to throw in draft picks to make this happen

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

They don't have any that have any value. And they'd have to throw in a valuable pick to make this even remotely possible. We're taking on a bad contract, a player that's not very good and one decent bench player for a bad team. And for this we are giving up better players.

Deng doesnt play because of Randle AND Kuzma. JoeJ wouldn't play if we had those 2.

Randle averages 13, 6 and 2 in 19mpg. He is better than Favors.

Clarkson is a really good player. One of the best 6th men in the NBA. He shoots 40% from 3 and scores 16ppg.

C'mon now

Clarkson is the only player of the three I'd have any interest in, so I'll pump the brakes there a little, but I don't think he moves the needle much for the prospect of competing.

Randle has been playing C and has more spacing. Does he provide it? Does he protect the rim? Does he defend well in space? I have no interest in players that don't do one of those things.

Deng was a garish contract the day it was signed, we're now on the back end of it. It's dead salary, even if he can still get on the floor.

LOL Randle is not better than Favors, and Clarkson may be better than Burks but Joe is a better fit for the Jazz than Deng.

That trade is horrible. If

If your taking on Deng's contract then you better get an unprotected pick(which the Lakers don't have) or Ingram/Kuzma.

In my opinion, Randle is a much better for now and the next few years.

Clarkson would be huge for us and our lack of offense.

Deng sucks, but he could do okay at PF next to Gobert. He can spread the floor okay. Joe is better though.

And of course, I want Ingram or Kuzma

LA would shave Deng and a couple million on Clarkson (Burks makes slightly less). That's $20 million in savings. C'mon man. Stop trolling.

Him Trolling? We've had the same or similar idea on here repeatedly. And every time you post it you get the same responses. Yet you saw fit to post about it again. That's Trolling, not what he is doing.

Deng sucks, but he could do okay at PF next to Gobert. He can spread the floor okay. Joe is better though.

IMO Randle is a long way from being what Favors is right now. And has no chance of being what Favors used to be, (And I still have faint hope can be again).
I get you don't like Favors.

Him Trolling? We've had the same or similar idea on here repeatedly. And every time you post it you get the same responses. Yet you saw fit to post about it again. That's Trolling, not what he is doing.
I posted this exact trade this season? Please show me where.

Its a ****ing fan board douche bag. Its for ideas. Since our season looks shaky, you talk ideas instead of 30% shooting. If you dont like an idea, say it. Dont say something stupid like "it doesn't save LA money" when it saves $20 million.

I am a big fan of Clarkson. It would be nice to have a player not afraid to shoot.

Like I said they would not offer kuzma because he is better right now the Ingram.

Lakers could have

Ball (yuck)
George
James
Kuzma
Lopez, ( if he comes back for around 10 mil)

Bench

Kcp (if he signs cheap)
Hart
Nance
Zubac
Bryant

They could be stacked if their front office plays their cards right.

That could be a scary good team for 3 years if Walton doesn't screw up coaching them.

If I was the jazz I would want to make sure you had enough money next year to offer a Max deal to Parker.

Rubio
Mitchell
Ingram
Parker
Gobert

Exum and hood would have to come in on the cheaper. They would have to do that 5 year buyout of Deng and probably trade Clarkson and Burks away.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I posted this exact trade this season? Please show me where.

Its a ****ing fan board douche bag. Its for ideas. Since our season looks shaky, you talk ideas instead of 30% shooting. If you dont like an idea, say it. Dont say something stupid like "it doesn't save LA money" when it saves $20 million.

This made me laugh, Thanks.

I sense a frustration with Ingram, I feel like he could be in play for taking on Deng's contract.

If they view Clarkson's salary as an impediment to their free agency splurge, then flip a second and spring them from their obligation with expirings.

But taking back Deng without getting one of Ingram or Kuzma isn't a conversation worth having.

The opportunity cost on taking on Deng's deal is absolutely massive. You cannot just shrug and take on his deal unless you're picking up a serious asset.

The opportunity cost on taking on Deng's deal is absolutely massive. You cannot just shrug and take on his deal unless you're picking up a serious asset.
I agree. That's why I want Ingram. I wanted Kuzma and Deng before the year started, but every body moaned. It would be an amazing deal now.

I agree. The opportunity cost varies by team though. If the Jazz are looking at 2018 and 2019 Free Agents, and don't see any franchise-changers that they could reasonably sign, the opportunity cost may not be as high and it could be the smartest use of the cap space. The more I think about it, the more it seems like obtaining assets in a salary dump is the way to go for this team. I'm unsure how else they acquire another star talent other than getting lucky in the late lottery/1st round again. Tanking won't happen unless Rudy goes down for a year. We aren't signing a star in FA (the only possibility I could see is maybe Kemba Walker in 2019? Is that really even worth it too?)

This is a nightmare

img_56c741bc53cc8.jpg

Absolutely not. Randle is a dinosaur, Clarkson isn't that good.

Pull the trigger on taking back Deng if it includes Kuzma or Ingram, hang up the phone on anything less.
This right here. ^^^

Should’ve traded up for Kuzma after we sent Lyles packing. No way you take Deng unless you get a much better asset than Clakson or Randle coming back.

Lakers, Suns, Nuggets and maybe Sacramento are loaded with young potential and players sitting. But the jazz don't have much to get them, and Lindsey plays it pretty conservatively in season. So an in season trade would really surprise me.