What's new

Las Vegas: Worst Mass Shooting in US History

Looks like Dutch got his wish. Democrats and the MSM will for sure cover this today.

Awful story. Thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Times like this make me sad about the state of our world and fearful for my children.

Sad bit is I'm almost certain that nothing will change and America's love of guns and gun violence will continue without remission. The death toll will almost certainly rise, no city can deal with 200 seriously injured people. I work in one of the country's biggest trauma centers, with an incident like today we would have received at least half of the injured and dying there is no way we could have coped. Statewide today there were only 3 hospitals with available ICU beds, none of them trauma centers. Scores of people dead, hundreds of others with their lives changed forever because some people think they have a right to carry assault rifles. Wake up.

Times like this make me sad about the state of our world and fearful for my children.

It sure as hell isnt getting any better.

The division and attacking of other people feels like it's at an all time high. You're either a liberal commie/hippie/moron or a deplorable racist. There's no in-between.

I just don't understand it. I certainly don't understand how you could kill 50 people. I don't understand pointing a gun at another person. I just don't understand this, and that terrifies me. Who are these people? What kind of monsters are we?

Sad bit is I'm almost certain that nothing will change and America's love of guns and gun violence will continue without remission. The death toll will almost certainly rise, no city can deal with 200 seriously injured people. I work in one of the country's biggest trauma centers, with an incident like today we would have received at least half of the injured and dying there is no way we could have coped. Statewide today there were only 3 hospitals with available ICU beds, none of them trauma centers. Scores of people dead, hundreds of others with their lives changed forever because some people think they have a right to carry assault rifles. Wake up.

These people were most likely shot with a style of rifle that was banned 21 years ago.

These people were most likely shot with a style of rifle that was banned 21 years ago.

The gun will likely be an M-14 or M-16 yeah? Maybe a H & K 7.62? What possible use for civilians could these rifles have?

It's incredibly sad that your first thought upon seeing this was Dutch.

Get control of yourself. You're just as bad as he is.

Or maybe just his first thought as related to the intersection of this story and Jazzfanz, particularly given Dutch's most recent topic.

Currently dead? well I guess that's good...
He'll probably stay that way.

Lets hope they find the woman they think accompanied him and hope she's a cooperative witness

I read an hour ago they had her detained and found both cars for which they were looking.

Or maybe just his first thought as related to the intersection of this story and Jazzfanz, particularly given Dutch's most recent topic.

No we have seen enough from him that his first response is to gloat. He's done it before. Gone as far as to show excitement when people died as a result supposedly of Republican ilk. They are two sides of the same coin. No doubt.

Last edited:
No we have seen enough from him that his first response is to gloat. He's done it before. Gone add far aa to show excitement when people died as a result supposedly of Republican ilk. They are two sides if the same coin. No doubt.

I’d like a link to back up your outrageous claim of me being excited over the deaths of republicans.

And how could my initial post be construed as gloating? Some of you are only seeing what you want to see. And it’s disturbing.

This shooting is a terrible story.

The number of injured has risen to 406. The shooter killed himself in his hotel room as the police forced their way inside. He had 10 rifles in his hotel room.

What happened is he rented a room from the Mandalay Bay with a view that overlooked the concert. He opened fire from his room. The shells were falling down on the stage.

There is, at this time, no known connection to any extremist group of any kind. No idea why he did this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooter/index.html

I was going to say - no way was this guy was using a legal firearm. A terrorist expert on CNN said this morning it almost sounded like a bullet fed machine gun that uses an ammunition belt.

Then again Nevada apparently has the most lax gun laws in the country - really who the **** knows anymore.

Last edited:
400 people? What an unthinkable horror, like some terrible mix of Port Arthur and Hillsborough. Those poor people, the panic and the crush must have been terrible. Terribly sad.

I'll admit to being very ignorant about guns, but there are types of guns that are illegal? I thought anything now was pretty much A-OK and any type of restriction was a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

I've pretty much given up trying trying to have a rational discussion on the subject since the consensus seems to be "the more guns, the better" a/k/a " the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

In this case, I guess you could say that the shooter was both.

I'll admit to being very ignorant about guns, but there are types of guns that are illegal? I thought anything now was pretty much A-OK and any type of restriction was a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

I've pretty much given up trying trying to have a rational discussion on the subject since the consensus seems to be "the more guns, the better" a/k/a " the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

In this case, I guess you could say that the shooter was both.

Assault weapons were banned in 1986 (OMG racist republican Ronald Reagan). Existing guns are now called pre-ban an require a class 3 license to own. You can actually still own mortars an a mortar launcher but it is a $200 fee per mortar an you cannot fire them anyway an I think that is a annual fee.

I'm reading online this guy was a left-wing, Trump hating member of the antifa and that they targeted the country concert cause only white, Trumpards would be there.