What's new

Last offseason move? trade suggestion

Chargers Jazz Angels

I am going to make a couple of assumptions here to make this trade make more sense.

- Jazz have decided that Favors is not a good match next to gobert and are concerned with his injury history
- Mirotic is looking at just taking the qualifying offer from chicago and become an UFA next summer

Jazz work a Sign and Trade with chicago for Mirotic for a 3 year 33 million offer and trade them Favors for mirotic

Why the Jazz do this is because Mirotic is a stretch 4 even though his shooting has been erractic at times to say the least but when he is hot wow. I think Mirotic is a better positional defender then he gets credit for. Having a pf that teams have to respect will help Rubio and getting better spacing

Jazz

Rubio, Exum, Neto
Hood, mitchell, Burks
Ingles, Sefolosha
Mirotic, JJ, Jerebko
Gobert, Udoh, bradley

Why the bulls do it because they would have the Bird rights on Favors who while playing center would be a better match next to portis and or Markkanen. There is a good chance they lose Mirotic for nothing.

Bulls

Dunn, grant, Payne
Wade, Lavine, holiday
Valentine, Zipser
Portis, Markkanen
Favors, Lopez

If Favors can shoot consistently from the mid-range and stay healthy, he'll be one of the better fours in the game.

Mirotic is a solid player but I dont know why Bulls would want to give up him up for a 1 year rental of Favors. All accounts are still that they will re-sign Mirotic and both sides are just working on an amount.

I prefer a healthy Favors over Mirotic but Mirotic might be a better fit and if we could get him locked up long term on a good deal that would be better. We have a good chance at Favors leaving and there is a good chance he does not regain his old form. Those are big risks with him. If we dont have a better option, then we go for it. If we could trade him for someone like Mirotic on that kind of a deal that would be a no brainer. But again Chicago has no reason to do that.

Mirotic sucks at basketball though

I like Mirotic, but the talent gap between him and Favors is probably to great (especially since Mirotic has never shown ability to be consistent). I'm willing to chalk that up to the Bulls being a poorly run franchise, but I also want to see Favors healthy and I dont think Mirotic is worth it to not get that last look at Favors.

Best case for the Jazz is Mirotic opts for the QO then the Jazz can have a chance to sign him in UFA where they can choose between him and Favors.

Mirotic is a solid player but I dont know why Bulls would want to give up him up for a 1 year rental of Favors. All accounts are still that they will re-sign Mirotic and both sides are just working on an amount.

I prefer a healthy Favors over Mirotic but Mirotic might be a better fit and if we could get him locked up long term on a good deal that would be better. We have a good chance at Favors leaving and there is a good chance he does not regain his old form. Those are big risks with him. If we dont have a better option, then we go for it. If we could trade him for someone like Mirotic on that kind of a deal that would be a no brainer. But again Chicago has no reason to do that.

The news on him has been dead other than that he isnt playing for the national team this year, so I have no idea what is happening w/ him. I don't think any outside team is giving him any kind of deal, so the Bulls have to come w/ a non-offensive long term contract.

The news on him has been dead other than that he isnt playing for the national team this year, so I have no idea what is happening w/ him. I don't think any outside team is giving him any kind of deal, so the Bulls have to come w/ a non-offensive long term contract.

New I am looking at says he still wants to be with the bulls and the bulls still want him. The Bulls just want the market to set the price but no team that has cap room wants to offer him knowing the bulls will match.

Mirotic wants to stay with the Bulls. The Bulls want to keep Mirotic. Both sides have reiterated that on several occasions. 2 weeks ago – via Chicago Sun-Times

New I am looking at says he still wants to be with the bulls and the bulls still want him. The Bulls just want the market to set the price but no team that has cap room wants to offer him knowing the bulls will match.

I'm sure the Bulls still want him and I'm sure he wants to get paid and knows they own his RFA rights so saying anything contrary isnt a good look.

I am going to make a couple of assumptions here to make this trade make more sense.

- Jazz have decided that Favors is not a good match next to gobert and are concerned with his injury history
- Mirotic is looking at just taking the qualifying offer from chicago and become an UFA next summer

Jazz work a Sign and Trade with chicago for Mirotic for a 3 year 33 million offer and trade them Favors for mirotic

Why the Jazz do this is because Mirotic is a stretch 4 even though his shooting has been erractic at times to say the least but when he is hot wow. I think Mirotic is a better positional defender then he gets credit for. Having a pf that teams have to respect will help Rubio and getting better spacing

Jazz

Rubio, Exum, Neto
Hood, mitchell, Burks
Ingles, Sefolosha
Mirotic, JJ, Jerebko
Gobert, Udoh, bradley

Why the bulls do it because they would have the Bird rights on Favors who while playing center would be a better match next to portis and or Markkanen. There is a good chance they lose Mirotic for nothing.

Bulls

Dunn, grant, Payne
Wade, Lavine, holiday
Valentine, Zipser
Portis, Markkanen
Favors, Lopez

If Faves gets back to his beast form of 2 years ago, and there is a chance he does though not likely, this trade would look god awful and you'd be calling for DL's job going full Bill Simmons by starting a thread with the title: Dennis Lindsey: Are we sure he's good?

I'm sure the Bulls still want him and I'm sure he wants to get paid and knows they own his RFA rights so saying anything contrary isnt a good look.

of course the bulls still want him but with Portis and Markkanen I wouldnt want to look at a long term contract and the potential of being buried on the bench

of course the bulls still want him but with Portis and Markkanen I wouldnt want to look at a long term contract and the potential of being buried on the bench

I mean, Portis is OK. He isn't someone who is going to bury anyone on a bench. I don't project him as being a starter in the NBA.

-

I believe Favs is one of the assets the Jazz are willing to trade for something that really improves us but I also think they believe he and Rudy can play together and be effective. So I disagree with your assumption and the only way he is traded is for part of a package that gives us a real boost.

I believe Favs is one of the assets the Jazz are willing to trade for something that really improves us but I also think they believe he and Rudy can play together and be effective. So I disagree with your assumption and the only way he is traded is for part of a package that gives us a real boost.

Like i said these assumptions would be the reasons this trade would happen. If the assumptions are untrue then of course it would not happen.

If we arent getting Kyrie, i just prefer to try and see the current team and make necessarry moves come February.

From the talk of Bulls fans, none of them see Favors as making sense because they need to tank and if they want an expiring they can let Mirotic expire. On the other hand, there’s a recently bumped thread where nobody wanted him but here we are... so who knows.

Bulls could waive Favors after a trade. There's nothing which states they have to give minutes to him.
I think DL blinks and gives up a 1st. Utah will lose Favs and JJ this summer. Who starts at PF, Jerebko?