What's new

Last Restaurant You Ate At?

Anyone ever eaten at Wallaby's? They just put one in across the street from where I live and I'm thinking about trying it.

My wife, daughter, and I went to godfathers pizza last night and got the buffet. Fantastic. 10 out of 10.
I had about 4 different types of pizza. All were fresh and amazing tasting. I got some potatoes and gravy and it was good. Fried chicken was good. Cinnamon rolls with Carmel on them were heavenly.
My wife tried a salad and said it was fresh and good and she also loved her pizza she ate.
My daughter ate a bit of everything and seemed to like it. Especially the chocolate pudding.
Pretty cheap too.
Loved dipping my pizza in their marinara sauce.
They had a bunch of other stuff that I didn't get to try (too full) like various pastas, meatballs, mac n cheese, mashed potatoe casserole, and other pizzas. (cheeseburger pizza, chicken bacon garlic pizza, dessert pizzas, etc)
Gonna have to do this once a month I think.

AYCE Pizza places are uniformly terrible and I refuse to try them. But, on your recommendation, I'm going to have another go. Question: what type of pizza is it? New York? Cheap Delivery Chain?...

My wife, daughter, and I went to godfathers pizza last night and got the buffet. Fantastic. 10 out of 10.
I had about 4 different types of pizza. All were fresh and amazing tasting. I got some potatoes and gravy and it was good. Fried chicken was good. Cinnamon rolls with Carmel on them were heavenly.
My wife tried a salad and said it was fresh and good and she also loved her pizza she ate.
My daughter ate a bit of everything and seemed to like it. Especially the chocolate pudding.
Pretty cheap too.
Loved dipping my pizza in their marinara sauce.
They had a bunch of other stuff that I didn't get to try (too full) like various pastas, meatballs, mac n cheese, mashed potatoe casserole, and other pizzas. (cheeseburger pizza, chicken bacon garlic pizza, dessert pizzas, etc)
Gonna have to do this once a month I think.

I love those cheap *** pizza buffet places. I always leave Pizza Pie Cafe in Provo overstuffed and we spend maybe $20 for my family of five when we get a good coupon. The salad bar is basic but the ingredients are always fresh.

Anyone ever eaten at Wallaby's? They just put one in across the street from where I live and I'm thinking about trying it.

I ate at the one that used to be in North Orem/ Lindon area on state st a couple times. It went out of business or moved awhile ago. Its was fine, not great but okay for a smokehouse. I would never choose to go again but would not be too upset if someone insisted on going.

Uhh, chicken is not a regional animal man. Lobster is more abundant, cheaper, and fresher in the area you live, hence you having a larger likelihood of enjoying it.

Fair enough. It's not cheap here though. I remember hearing about three summers ago that Maine had so much damn lobster they were selling it at something like $3.99 a pound.

20171027_194209_zpsthhse05r.jpg

At at a place called Porter's in Springdale - just outside of Zion this weekend. The food was pretty below average, tbh. Would not eat again.

I saw your picture and I was thinking what the hell is he recommending. That looks like ***.

I just ate at Wallaby's. I had their daily special and got their pulled pork, a house salad and a loaded potato. I give it a 6.5/10. Way better than the last bbq place I ate at in Springdale (wish I had known about Dala's recommendation beforehand) but certainly not amazing. Their sauces are great. Their pulled pork was a lil dry.

El Matador in Ogden for a work lunch today. It isn't the world's best Mexican food, but I like it nonetheless.

Is it the same as the one in Bountiful?

I didn't realize there was one in Bountiful. It is apparently the same owner, but the menus appear to be quite different.

El Matador is my least favorite Mexican place. I mean WARM salsa and they want to dump shredded cheese in it?!? Ewww :)

El Matador is my least favorite Mexican place. I mean WARM salsa and they want to dump shredded cheese in it?!? Ewww :)

Damn, you sold me on not going there.