What's new

Last several years our roster has had....

HighlandHomie

A handful of players who all of us, or most of us, loathed having on the court... Whether it was McLeod, Palacio, Giricek, Raja, RJ, Marvin, Earl, etc., someone was always playing in front of someone we thought deserved to be on the court whether it was because they were our first round draft pick that previous summer or someone we thought was more talented.

This year, there isn't a guy on the roster that I can identify that will cause that frustration in me. Perhaps my tune will change a month into the season but I can't wait to see how Coach Snyder attacks the season with our rotation.

Who were some of the guys that used to boil your blood the most when they were on the court? Todd Fuller was my No. 1 most hated.

I think this was more of a product of Ty Corbin not trusting the youngs enough and trusting the aged vets too much. I was fine with Jefferson starting, just wish he'd have played a few less minutes. Burks was a better fit off the bench due to his scoring ability. Jefferson was a better fit to start due to his long range shooting. Just think burks should've gotten a few more mins and Jefferson a few less. Let's not forget Jefferson was productive unlike the others you listed.

I will say looking back. I didnt like seeing the wet bandit starting. Was soft and invisible a lot of the time, and I'd have liked to see favors and Kanter playing more together.

Agree with the OP.

From #1-15, I feel everyone on the roster should be there. Maybe as we see Clark, Motum, Murry, Felix, etc. in action, we'll change our tune. But at least all of those guys have shown some promise at some time. Even if they don't pan out, they will have been worth the risk. Maybe at some point the Jazz will be good enough that over-the-hill role players need to supplement the roster for a championship run. But what frustrated me the most was to see Utah give guys like RJ, Howard, etc. a chance to audition for a contract with another team the following year - at the expense of developing and playing the younger guys who represent the FUTURE of the Utah Jazz.

The major blood boiler?

Tough one. I would say Devin Harris. I never liked his game and how it felt, but I didn't like Hornacek too who has his jersey up there and also achieving as a coach as we speak. Raja Bell is a good one. Lucas III. Matt Harpring.

Man! This one's a memory test.

I will have to get back to you for more.

And no. Big Al was not one of them. He was the best alternative at his time. But still, the Jazz could give Kanter and Favors more to make them develop faster.

I liked RJ, Marvin, Earl, Jamaal. But they have been used wrongly. They should bring veteran experience on and off the court to a very talented young bunch, but instead, they were used as starters to achieve. Very wrong coaching there. And a common error.

Giricek? I'd argue the inverse as we had Giricek and Korver on the team for a combined stretch of, well, long enough, and we continued to trot out SGs who couldn't shoot.

The major blood boiler?

Tough one. I would say Devin Harris. I never liked his game and how it felt, but I didn't like Hornacek too who has his jersey up there and also achieving as a coach as we speak. Raja Bell is a good one. Lucas III. Matt Harpring.

Man! This one's a memory test.

I will have to get back to you for more.

And no. Big Al was not one of them. He was the best alternative at his time. But still, the Jazz could give Kanter and Favors more to make them develop faster.

Totally forgot to mention John Lucas haha. Harpring never bothered me. I always thought he was a solid player (at least until his final season) who could be counted upon to defend and knock shots down.

I think the only really potential player this year would be Novak, but Snyder would have to start him and have him play 30 minutes for that to happen.

Totally forgot to mention John Lucas haha. Harpring never bothered me. I always thought he was a solid player (at least until his final season) who could be counted upon to defend and knock shots down.

For all the razzing about MLA's, Harpring was one of the better pickups for Utah. My biggest criticism with the Jazz (and it was Sloan as well as Corbin) was their often misplaced loyalty to veterans. Many of the players we grew to "loathe" could have been valuable role players...they were just used incorrectly and often for far too long.

You don't start hating a player until the year starts. Then everyone picks someone to blame. It will happen again.

No one hated Bell when we signed him, same with RJ when we signed him, or CJ when we drafted him.

I've always hated CY, I mean CJ.
Just kidding.

I predict the Exum haters will come out in force this year. He'll be declared a bust by mid-November. We'll have fire Lindsey threads. And several will be saying we should have hired Blatt or Messina.

I could see Booker making me upset.

Why? Because he works hard? Because he's efficient from mid-range? Because he gives us flexibility to make a trade involving the "core" front court players? The only reason someone would predict a hatred of Booker is if their fanboy ******** for Kanter, Favors, and Gobert had gone straight into their brainstem.

Oh... wait...

I'm sorry about your condition.

I'm all for giving the minutes to the deserveé, but I really would like to finally get a decent taste of that Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Burke starting 5 for the Jazz finally. And I don't think we have another or better chance.

No one hated Bell when we signed him

Plenty of people did.

same with RJ when we signed him

*Traded for. As above, there were more tha a few people who didn't care for the idea based on Corbin's track record (which didn't disappoint, BTW).

or CJ when we drafted him.

That I will give you.

25 games in there will be plenty of haters on a multiple players. We have enough turn over right now that it isn't yet clear who those players are.

I hated AK when he stood out on the perimeter and chuck threes. He was a good defender, but when he got moved to SF, he was lost on offense.