What's new

Lauri Markkanen Hype & Appreciation Thread

I wonder if this guy reads our boards...

I made the case that Dirk is a bad comp to Lauri like 3 days ago.. and also agreed with what @fishonjazz said about the Cleveland trade being lopsided towards us just a short while back... and yesterday TREESE made a video where he makes both points. I dont mind it if he borrowed those.. but would be kinda interesting to know if some of the content creators read these boards and pick up stuff from them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXoqxidoQE

What is most impressive about those lists is that Lauri beats everyone in the per game list despite having just 10% increase in minutes. Its 90% pure effectiveness, usage and production increase.

Everyone else even appearing in that list are either bench players turned starters or end of bench turned rotational.

He is the reason the jazz dont totally suck. If he was the same lauri from past seasons or if he got hurt early on then we would probably be in last place or second to last place in the west.

He has been so incredible

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I made the case that Dirk is a bad comp to Lauri like 3 days ago.. and also agreed with what @fishonjazz said about the Cleveland trade being lopsided towards us just a short while back... and yesterday TREESE made a video where he makes both points. I dont mind it if he borrowed those.. but would be kinda interesting to know if some of the content creators read these boards and pick up stuff from them

Most content creators read and "steal" stuff. The Dirk issue has discussed forever and the trade topic has also been elsewhere discussed as well. BC the timing with the comment U made is so close might well be he picked that from here. But might have gotten it from RealGM or Twitter or somewhere else. Or just thought about it himself.

Most content creators read and "steal" stuff. The Dirk issue has discussed forever and the trade topic has also been elsewhere discussed as well. BC the timing with the comment U made is so close might well be he picked that from here. But might have gotten it from RealGM or Twitter or somewhere else. Or just thought about it himself.
There are A.I. now that helps with content suggestions - A.I. probably now scans all fan boards. :O

I made the case that Dirk is a bad comp to Lauri like 3 days ago.. and also agreed with what @fishonjazz said about the Cleveland trade being lopsided towards us just a short while back... and yesterday TREESE made a video where he makes both points. I dont mind it if he borrowed those.. but would be kinda interesting to know if some of the content creators read these boards and pick up stuff from them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXoqxidoQE

I think they would be dumb not to. They need to get ideas from lots of sources, and these message boards should be a source, even if it is just to glean some new thoughts on things.

He is the reason the jazz dont totally suck. If he was the same lauri from past seasons or if he got hurt early on then we would probably be in last place or second to last place in the west.

He has been so incredible

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah the thing that didn't show was just his place in the league for overall efficiency, which is something like 4th, iirc the last time I saw some stats on that. Behind like Curry, Durrant, Jokic, something like that.

Lauri has 10th longest active streak of 10+ point games at 51 (Lebron #1 at 1153 lol, Durant #2 at 106) and 2nd longest active streak of 20+ point games at 17 (Tatum #1 at 21)

Lauri has 10th longest active streak of 10+ point games at 51 (Lebron #1 at 1153 lol, Durant #2 at 106) and 2nd longest active streak of 20+ point games at 17 (Tatum #1 at 21)
Holy crap at lebron.

Btw Lebron is only 156 points away from 31 all time and will be number 4 all time in assists in like 2 or 3 more games. That is crazy.

stockton is nowhere near the top all time in points (I would be curious if he is top 100). kareem is nowhere near the top all time in assists (I bet he isn't top 200)
What lebron is doing statistically is mind blowing. I dont want to debate whether he is the GOAT player or not but there is not debate on whether his stats are the GOAT or not. They are.

I imagine he is pretty high on the list for all time wins, blocks, steals, and rebounds as well. (turnovers and fouls too lol)

Holy crap at lebron.

Btw Lebron is only 156 points away from 31 all time and will be number 4 all time in assists in like 2 or 3 more games. That is crazy.

stockton is nowhere near the top all time in points (I would be curious if he is top 100). kareem is nowhere near the top all time in assists (I bet he isn't top 200)
What lebron is doing statistically is mind blowing. I dont want to debate whether he is the GOAT player or not but there is not debate on whether his stats are the GOAT or not. They are.

I imagine he is pretty high on the list for all time wins, blocks, steals, and rebounds as well. (turnovers and fouls too lol)
Longevity and his late career level of play might take him over Jordan in the aftermath of his career. That GOAT narrative has driven him his entire career.