What's new

Lest we forget.....

To be fair... I think most would have thought Ed was a solid addition... the Ed signing has hurt almost as much as the Conley struggles to be honest. Joe off the bench might have worked with Holmes/Wood or another player... maybe Niang is playable if we did better there. Jamychal was never available to us... he wanted to stay and got just as much as we could have offered to do so.
Then scratch Jamychal and replace with Baynes. just way too many names I could've threw in with the MLE that we had available.

Nobody could really be mad at why the FO did it. We are just mad at how FO did it. And rightfully so.

Cuz we were soooooooo close to true championship contention then we blew it in the worst way possible

To be fair... I think most would have thought Ed was a solid addition... the Ed signing has hurt almost as much as the Conley struggles to be honest. Joe off the bench might have worked with Holmes/Wood or another player... maybe Niang is playable if we did better there. Jamychal was never available to us... he wanted to stay and got just as much as we could have offered to do so.
Yeah, I agree, but Ed has more or less been a non-factor. Certainly no better than Bradley, so we at least have a more or less 1 to 1 substitute for what Davis is bringing right now.

Conley is where it really hurts, but more than that, it is on Snyder and his insistence that Conley start. We had a strong starting 5, rolling really well with great chemistry, and Conley even in his first few games back from injury was complementing playing 12-14 min per night off the bench. Now that they are going all in on Conley we will just get worse and worse. Bringing him into the starting lineup doesn't just make that lineup worse than it can be, it pushes Joe back into a role he was struggling with in the first place.

I don't get this insistence on Conley starting when the stats scream in your face that it is a ****** ****ed up decision. This is on Snyder as are any losses as a result.

I might have to enter the tweeter-verse just so I can scream non-stop at the Jazz FO and Snyder. Sonsabitches! Bumpuses!

Then scratch Jamychal and replace with Baynes. just way too many names I could've threw in with the MLE that we had available.

Nobody could really be mad at why the FO did it. We are just mad at how FO did it. And rightfully so.

Cuz we were soooooooo close to true championship contention then we blew it in the worst way possible
I would have been super impressed if they could have landed Baynes with the MLE last year. Like.. really, really impressed. That’s a pretty tall order.

Baynes wasn't a free agent... was traded into space... we didn't have MLE it was the Room Exception and didn't have as much buying power... there were a few options available... we picked one it didn't work.

Yeah, I agree, but Ed has more or less been a non-factor. Certainly no better than Bradley, so we at least have a more or less 1 to 1 substitute for what Davis is bringing right now.

Conley is where it really hurts, but more than that, it is on Snyder and his insistence that Conley start. We had a strong starting 5, rolling really well with great chemistry, and Conley even in his first few games back from injury was complementing playing 12-14 min per night off the bench. Now that they are going all in on Conley we will just get worse and worse. Bringing him into the starting lineup doesn't just make that lineup worse than it can be, it pushes Joe back into a role he was struggling with in the first place.

I don't get this insistence on Conley starting when the stats scream in your face that it is a ****** ****ed up decision. This is on Snyder as are any losses as a result.

The thing is just that we used our biggest exception to get Ed and Tony has been better than him. I hadn't watched him enough to know how bad a fit he was... I expect our front office should have though.

There were a couple options that could have been really positive... but its still the biggest hole we have on the roster.

If the best we could do with the room exception was Ed Davis... I'd rather have done a one year deal with Vonleh or see if he'd take the minimum with a player option. He only got $2M.

I might have to enter the tweeter-verse just so I can scream non-stop at the Jazz FO and Snyder. Sonsabitches! Bumpuses!
You wouldnt fit in. Twitter is full of dick suckers and think players and coaches can do no wrong. Every time a player posts anything they're in the comments to take a nibble on their God's benis. It's a nauseating circle jerk.

The thing is just that we used our biggest exception to get Ed and Tony has been better than him. I hadn't watched him enough to know how bad a fit he was... I expect our front office should have though.

There were a couple options that could have been really positive... but its still the biggest hole we have on the roster.
If we waive ED, would he be sitting in FA market for three months with no one showing interest the same way they did with Jeff?

If the best we could do with the room exception was Ed Davis... I'd rather have done a one year deal with Vonleh or see if he'd take the minimum with a player option. He only got $2M.
We could get Vonleh with Jeff's deal. It is Ed's MLE that we could've and should've done more.

Listen, we’re not getting Bogey unless Conley is here. So it sucks we have Mike but if we didn’t, we very likely wouldn’t have Bogey.

Listen, we’re not getting Bogey unless Conley is here. So it sucks we have Mike but if we didn’t, we very likely wouldn’t have Bogey.
I hope you are joking... that has been proven to be fake news.

I recall him saying how our acquisition of Conley essentially was a factor in him signing here. Don’t feel like looking it up.
We've done this dance before... he mentioned a bunch of players being here... Mike was one of them. He signed because we offered him the most money... if Indiana offered him more he'd have stayed... hell if Sacramento offers him a few million more per year he goes there.

Mike likely helped us sign Ed though... those guys have a relationship.

We've done this dance before... he mentioned a bunch of players being here... Mike was one of them. He signed because we offered him the most money... if Indiana offered him more he'd have stayed... hell if Sacramento offers him a few million more per year he goes there.

Mike likely helped us sign Ed though... those guys have a relationship.

Not sure that proves or disproves anything tbh. Let’s call it a stalemate.

Not sure that proves or disproves anything tbh. Let’s call it a stalemate.
Its just sad the best argument for the acquisition of one player that required a ton of assets to get is that he may have helped us get another guy... maybe.

Conley is not the problem. He obviously has not forgotten how to play ball. Now, if you trade for him, you don't do it to take the basketballl out off his hands, because he's a point guard that's made a career with the ball in his hands. You just do not try to make him a side guard. It's a kind of dumb thing to do. You put him there, let him handle and run things and let him figure it out how to run an offense with Gobert around... which is not an easy task.
Besides, Donovan is making lots of mistakes because he's forced to be a PG which he is not; he can hadle the rock of course, but he need lots of work to be the guy handling and running the team... meanwhile, you waste lots of his natural talents off the ball.
IMHO it's over simplistic to tie our woes on Mike or his aquisition. It's complex. Rudy is a compex player that need everybody around to twist their game a little bit.