What's new

Lest We Forget

He looks fine but he almost always goes for that push shot and it looks like it would get blocked half the time in NBA. He needs to get stronger and absorb contact.

He's 2 years away from being 2 years away.
Clearly he was drafted as a developmental player. Lest we forget, Rudy looked simply awful his rookie season. He was completely lost on the court in the limited minutes he played. Bradley will probably play this season and next in the GLeague before he sees any significant time with the Jazz.

He's averaging 17 and 11 on 60% shooting. I dont know how impressive you expect G-League highlights to look. It's a fast paced style. The fact he can even play 30 mpg is pretty impressive.

He looks fine but he almost always goes for that push shot and it looks like it would get blocked half the time in NBA. He needs to get stronger and absorb contact.
I don't know how true that is. Ofc he needs to get stronger and learn how to draw more contact and get to the FT line, but push shots from bigs arent easy to block. It's practically a goaltending violation waiting to happen after it leaves his hands. Favors does that shot a lot in the 10' range and I dont think I have ever seen it blocked.

He's 2 years away from being 2 years away.
Clearly he was drafted as a developmental player. Lest we forget, Rudy looked simply awful his rookie season. He was completely lost on the court in the limited minutes he played. Bradley will probably play this season and next in the GLeague before he sees any significant time with the Jazz.
He's probably just a year away but Udoh is under contract until the end of next season.

I don't know how true that is. Ofc he needs to get stronger and learn how to draw more contact and get to the FT line, but push shots from bigs arent easy to block. It's practically a goaltending violation waiting to happen after it leaves his hands. Favors does that shot a lot in the 10' range and I dont think I have ever seen it blocked.
It's his only consistent move, he doesn't have a counter and doesn't have enough strength to create space in the paint. I don't think he can get it off easily in the PnR if all the attention isn't on the ballhandler.

I like the way he positions himself and it's easy to see how his lack of strength limits his game so there is definitely room for improvement.

It's his only consistent move, he doesn't have a counter and doesn't have enough strength to create space in the paint. I don't think he can get it off easily in the PnR if all the attention isn't on the ballhandler.

I like the way he positions himself and it's easy to see how his lack of strength limits his game so there is definitely room for improvement.
I mean, what counters do you have to a face-up shot? Pump fake or drive. I'm sure he can do both, it's not like every bucket he has is a push shot. He has a 9'5 standing reach with a 7'5 wingspan, it's not like he has to create that much space to get anything off.

It's cool to see he has a "go-to" move with that push shot, but to be totally honest, he doesn't look like an NBA player. His good stats are a product of playing against smaller and less talented players. He looks slow and unathletic to me...What is his vertical?...12"?

I really have trouble seeing anything to get excited about. He's the biggest guy on the court playing against defense that is worse than anything he'll see in the NBA. Unathletic, flat shot, awkward movement, really lanky.

There was more to be excited about with Morris Almond and Fesenko.

It's cool to see he has a "go-to" move with that push shot, but to be totally honest, he doesn't look like an NBA player. His good stats are a product of playing against smaller and less talented players. He looks slow and unathletic to me...What is his vertical?...12"?
He's averaging basically the same stats as Gobert did in the G-League at a younger age (minus the block numbers ofc). The only issue with Bradley is the vertical. He can't jump high at all, but he isnt a slow jumper and he runs the court pretty fast for his size.

I really have trouble seeing anything to get excited about. He's the biggest guy on the court playing against defense that is worse than anything he'll see in the NBA. Unathletic, flat shot, awkward movement, really lanky.

It's also a fast paced league where bigs like him typically struggle because of the selfish guard play (which the Stars probably have the least amount of talent in the entire league there). He isn't unathletic, he just can't jump high. I don't see him as awkward either. He seems pretty coordinated and fluid when he gets the ball on the roll and he sprints on fastbreaks. And yeah, he is going to look lanky, he has one of the biggest length to height ratios in the NBA (basically the same as Gobert's).

A.) He was drafted to be two years away. Udoh was added to hold Bradley’s roster spot for a couple of years while he develops. Ekpe has just played more and better than most fans expected.

B.) There’s definitely some things to be excited about. He’s playing well under the circumstances, but it’s hard to know how it will translate to NBA minutes.

C.) P3 and the quality of the Jazz coaching staff in developing players has to be considered when evaluating his future. He clearly has room for physical improvement and Jazz players (who work at it) have shown huge gains in strength in Utah’s system.

Rudy is one of our star players. Tony Bradley was brought in to (eventually) be a rotational big behind him. As long as he fills that role well, he was a solid pick. I think he’ll get there. It’s encouraging that he’s making the most out of his limited opportunities.

Dude could have been a legit force as an NBA center. He could be very wealthy right now. Wasted some crazy ability.