Let’s discuss Joe Ingles

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by JFFR, Aug 23, 2019.

1. JFFR

JFFR Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Topic #1 - I love Joe. Everyone loves Joe. Could our love of Joe be a weakness? Would fans be upset if Joe gets traded for the final piece?

Topic #2 - Joe got destroyed by the Rockets. He said he’d never been forced so aggressively right before. The Rockets discovered a weakness, every team will copy. Joe is aware of this, but is he too old to adapt? Probably not, but I’m still a bit concerned. (It’ll help that he’s got a brilliant coach, he’s got more spacing, and he’s no longer the second option... which he never should have been). But I’ve been expecting him to take a step back, and each year I’m wrong. Will this be the year? Seeing how Houston discovered his kryptonite, it could be a problem.

Topic 3 - Derrick Favors is gone. Locke talked about this yesterday. Davis isn’t a great roller. Is there anyone in the second unit that can run the pick and roll with Ingles? The Favors Ingles pick and roll was awesome... now what?

Joe’s role has changed more than anyone’s. I’m a bit worried, but in the end I guess we should be optimistic because Snyder is brilliant and will figure out how to use him. Also, Joe has proven his ability to fill whatever role Snyder creates for him.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

2. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Lock had a good point about Davis. Moving Joe to the bench may be a bad idea because he doesn't have a guy to PNR with.

JazzyFresh likes this.
  3. Jazz Spazz

Jazz Spazz Inconceivable Staff Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Remember when Joe came back into a game with a medical tape headband?

Remember when Joe frustrated and annoyed every player he played against with his trash talk and snarky smile?

Remember when Joe shot well over 40% from three?

Remember last year when he revealed his family’s challenge of more needs at home and his strong push for autism awareness?

Remember how that and teams game-planning him may have shown up in his efficiency?

Remember how this year he made adjustments and was a key contributor in our chompionchip run?

Yea, Ingles rocks!

JFFR, The Thriller, colton and 4 others like this.
  4. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Good thread. Good questions.

Joe needs to rediscover and exploit his primary weapon: catch-and-shoot 3s.

His skills as a ball handler in the PnR are advanced. He can throw very difficult passes out of that spot. I think he finds chemistry with another roller and/or popper. He can adapt to others’ needs.

But, yeah, I really want to a 3pt% above 40 again. That’s the biggest thing.

Also, load management, please.

Douchebag K, LogGrad98 and fishonjazz like this.
  5. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I love joe but also think he is a bit over rated by jazz fans. I have seen the word untouchable used multiple times in regards to jingles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

6. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    If Australia destroys him this summer I would consider trading him. I say this as a person that knows he’s been the third most important/best piece on this team for the last two years, hope he spends his whole career here, and hope his number is retired.

But we can’t keep him if he’s busted and we can use his salary to get a serious player.

**** this stupid ****ing tournament.

RJF and LogGrad98 like this.
  7. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This thread should be burned

8. The Jazz Wonderbra

The Jazz Wonderbra Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Joe was frustrated in a series. That typically forces players to work on specific things in the summer and get counter moves OR players shrivel up because they cant figure out what happened well enough to have a counter.

Joe isnt going to shrink from the this. He will rise like Famke Jensen, the Phoenix.

9. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Joe is one of the smartest players in the NBA. I trust he will adapt and use his abilities in ways to help the team. That is what makes him a good player.

Cencen and JFFR like this.
  10. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    So I just want to stress that I am not concerned with his play last season, I am concerned that he’s skipping a surgery so he can play heavy minutes until right before the season starts and will be 32 by that time. He’s brilliant, he’s not invincible. When is he going to rest and recover? That is my concern.

LogGrad98 likes this.
  11. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I've said this before but I was listening to 97.5 and they brought up a solid point on how Ingles is not built to be the 2nd best offensive threat on the floor. That to utilize his max potential he should be the 3rd or 4th. I think adding Conley and Bojan will allow Joe much more freedom and defenses much less freedom to take him out.

rjfan, ghsartin and SCS like this.
  12. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    That last sentence is spot on. What the hell is this tournament for anyway? A money-grab? It's made-up and meaningless. The Olympics itself I kind of get but this one is just a stupid needless risk.

13. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    #1- Bogdanovic was the final piece.

#2- Even if he takes that unavoidable father time step back we'll be okay because he's now the 4th or 5th option. His game is based more on smarts and skill not athleticism though, he should be fine. I don't think he'll regress quickly.

#3- Ed Davis isn't a good roller. But Jeff Green is.

JFFR and idiot like this.
  14. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Joe is god. Learn this, love this.

fishonjazz likes this.
  15. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    I can agree with this. I think we love how he gets under other guys skins a ton, that's what I love most about him. But yeah, I do hope he looks better than he has recently. I think he will because he'll be playing a much more suited role next season.

16. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Joes impact goes beyond basic stats. He is the 2nd biggest impact guy behind Gobert in terms of making others better.

17. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    True. Need to bring that 3pt% back up if we want to talk championship, doe.

18. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I hope Joe's next stop is being an analyst for TNT or ESPN.

Dude is a treasure.

19. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Didn't realize he was supposed to have surgery.

20. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Nice dream, but he's essentially said he's going to disappear back to Australia and never be heard from again.