Let’s discuss Joe Ingles

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by JFFR, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    After watching the game last night, I would say that Joe is in the prime years of his career -- same for Patty Mills. They are guys who have developed their game through experience. It's pretty obvious to me that Donovan has a long way to go before his game reaches that level of maturity.

str8line likes this.
  2. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    I mean we traded for Conley. I could see joe being used in a trade for a player of similar ability/talent/caliber.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  3. ImmaculateConfection

ImmaculateConfection Active Member

Apr 27, 2018
    I think Joe is near untouchable in the sense that given his leadership, locker room presence and versatility, and also factoring in his age, it'd be difficult to get like-for-like value back in a trade. Some guys are just more valuable to a certain team or in a certain system than they are elsewhere, and I suspect that's the case with Jingles. Hell, if he had of signed his first contact with a different team with a coach who didn't recognise his talents the way Quin did, there's a good chance he could have been out of the league by now.

LoPo, Cencen, Jack Strop and 2 others like this.
  4. ImmaculateConfection

ImmaculateConfection Active Member

Apr 27, 2018
    Sounds like the comment of a man who's never visited Sydney.

5. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    This. I think these tournaments are a really ****** idea. Especially this one which is essentially meaningless other than a cash grab by someone somewhere.

"Yeah I was hurt the year we had a chance at an NBA championship, but hey we got 2nd in the FIBA tournament."

"Oh well that is underst... Wait the what?"

"FIBA. You know the international basketball tournament."

"Oh, the Olympics?"

"No. FIBA."

"Oh. So not the Olympics. Hmm, so you weren't able to contribute in your teams best chance at an NBA championship run because you spent the summer playing in the BFA or something... And got 2nd?"

"Yeah. And it's FIBA."

"Ok, well good for you, I guess?"

6. addictionary

addictionary Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Would depend on what he’d bring in a trade, but in every other regards it would be dumb to trade or bench him right now. Let the season roll and see how lineups feel. New roster new sets. I’m one of the first people here maybe the first to point out he was underrated when he first came. He is a very smart player who is a must have for any team. He also will decline with age and overrating is a trap too if you get too emotional about it.

7. rjfan

rjfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    thanks, didn't read a lot about it, that helped

8. LogGrad98

Jul 7, 2010
    You don't trade Ingles, he isn't that kind of player. His perceived value will never be high enough to really replace what he brings as his game is very multi-faceted and nuanced. He is really a poor-man's ginobili. He will be the player than starts, then moves to a 6th man role, then a solid vet presence off the bench over the next 5 years or so. The kind of player every championship team needs. Our ginobili or Iguodala so to speak.

Zombie and Jonah like this.
  9. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Unfortunately he's repeatedly said in no uncertain terms that he's going back to Australia just as soon as his NBA career is over.

10. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Hopefully it isn't Famke Jensen from Nip Tuck.

11. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    As long as he can antagonize the other team's best player I am all in.

12. JFFR

JFFR Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I’m pretty sure Tony Jones has stated the Jazz won’t trade Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

13. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Just doesnt make sense for a blanket statement like that. Needs context. Like we won't trade Ingles for Giannis would totally be incorrect thinking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

14. Cencen

Cencen New Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Just the World Cup...

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

15. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I remember at the beginning of the last season when Joe was absolutely terrific there was even a thread discussing if he could average 18 pts per game or something of that sort. At the end of the season he was clearly tired because we had to rely on him too much, I think that lower minutes or some kind of load management will be great for him.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    JazzyFresh likes this.
  16. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    This thread is a great reminder that the off-season is too long.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazzmix likes this.
  17. Douchebag K

Douchebag K Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Lol. Sydney is a great place to visit for 2-3 days. That’s it, terrible place to live.

18. silesian

silesian Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010

Assuming that playing in a controlled setting gives you a higher probability of getting injured instead of a pickup game.

Wait, I’ve incoming call.

“Hello. ....... hey Boogie, how’s the ACL?”

Jazzmix likes this.
  19. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I like this. But I also wonder about his finger.

If you listen to what players say about when they start getting ready for camp and the NBA season, most of them seem to be looking for a good 20- to 25-minute stretch of game-like action about now. But I hope that Joe didn’t compromise his best health outcome in order to play these games.

None of us know if he did.

silesian likes this.
  20. LogGrad98

Jul 7, 2010
    So it's JV then. Ok.