What's new

Let’s discuss Joe Ingles

Joe shoots OVER 50% from the baseline 3 on the right baseline 3. Bojan shoots OVER 50% on the left baseline. Our new point guard has a TS% of close to 75% on open 3 point shots (no specific location.) Why would we need to pull Joe out of the starting lineup? Who are we going to need Green to defend that is worth giving up a wide-freaking-open lane for Spida and Gobert?

Joe will be fine. Adding Conley and Bogdanovic will greatly decrease his burden, he's now our 4th option offensively instead of our 2nd. Defenses wont be nearly as focused on him this year as they were last year and he should get much better looks. Decreasing his minutes a little bit will also keep his legs fresher and should bring his 3 point percentage back up over 40%.

Yeah trade that south Australian trash bag. He’s washed. Or he will be once the gray Andrei Lemanis is finished with him

Joseph English should not be blasphemed or doubted. I only pray he will take mercy on the non-believers.

Nice dream, but he's essentially said he's going to disappear back to Australia and never be heard from again.

He coming back to Melbourne, possibly the greatest city on Earth...

Any ************ who speaks ill of Joe will have their head removed and stuck on a spike. Be on notice...

So I just want to stress that I am not concerned with his play last season, I am concerned that he’s skipping a surgery so he can play heavy minutes until right before the season starts and will be 32 by that time. He’s brilliant, he’s not invincible. When is he going to rest and recover? That is my concern.

i've been curious about this finger problem, thinking if would be better he going under the knife after the fiba wc. give time to rest because of it and get him fresh and health for the season. questions would be, what procedure would it be, how many weeks into the season we'd be without him ?

As long as Joe can shoot the 3 successfully at a solid clip and can run the PnR as well as he does, he will have a place on the team.

I agree with the sentiment that he should not be the 2nd option, which is unfortunately not in his capacity. Getting 10-12 ppg and 4-5 apg is a solid contributor. His influence also isnt just restricted to the basketball court. He's the type of dude you want in your locker room as well. He is absolutely a championship piece, but needs to be the 4th option, maybe even the 5th depending on how Rudy is going offensively, since we now have Mike and Bogey.

Fish mentioned he isn't untouchable which is true, but we need to recognise he is very valuable.

Would it be possible for us to get equal value in return for Ingles? Who would we even think would be a player to trade him for that would put us close to the top? The only one I can think would be Otto Porter.

Would it be possible for us to get equal value in return for Ingles? Who would we even think would be a player to trade him for that would put us close to the top? The only one I can think would be Otto Porter.

Equal value????? I guess maybe if we got Steph and Klay and maybe a few picks... maybe George and Kawhi... maybe pels would give Zion and Holiday plus some stuff...

He coming back to Melbourne, possibly the greatest city on Earth...

Any ************ who speaks ill of Joe will have their head removed and stuck on a spike. Be on notice...
I have never said any ill towards Ingles. He's my favorite player on the team now that Favors is gone.

i've been curious about this finger problem, thinking if would be better he going under the knife after the fiba wc. give time to rest because of it and get him fresh and health for the season. questions would be, what procedure would it be, how many weeks into the season we'd be without him ?
In an interview he denied that he had an injury requiring surgery He had a bad jamb, had it checked out, including an MRI, but no surgery required. I'm sure if he needed surgery, he would have done so right away.

Here's the link. It's from a story in the DN.
https://www.deseret.com/2019/7/3/89...y-evaluates-utah-jazz-s-future-with-offseason
https://www.deseret.com/2019/7/3/89...y-evaluates-utah-jazz-s-future-with-offseason

I do like the idea of cutting minutes for him, whether that means he starts and comes out early and rests longer, or whether he comes off the bench. He should be playing ~25 mins/per, not 30+.

He’d miss training camp and if he’s learned anything from this he’d miss games into the regular season. We can’t really have any of those scenarios so I guess we’ll just have to hope he gets hungry for some PEDs and painkillers.

If Joe is **** this year then this season will be a disappointment. He’s been absolutely critical to this team’s success and is one of the most unique players in the entire league.

What team has the luxury of scheming for Joe this year? I can’t think of a single one.

The Clippers are the only team that comes close, and if they guard the Jazz in option order they are going to have Harkless on Ingles in the 4th quarter (Beverly + 3 SF + Zubac)

Gobert is going to devour them. Ingles will be the last person in our lineup they are concerned with.

This thread should be burned

So, part of me actually regrets starting the thread. I probably did because I’m bored just waiting for the season to start. The thing I really want to talk about is the Rockets series. Maybe someone who understands basketball at a higher level can explain how a guy who has been a professional basketball player for almost fifteen years all of a sudden gets stopped by being aggressively forced right. Joe is an extremely high IQ player. How did he not have a counter? He has one of the most brilliant coaches in the game, why couldn’t they adapt? How has no other team figured this out? Does Eric Gordon’s defense get the credit? Will other teams with lesser defenders be able to pull it off? Is the counter that difficult?

I guess my main concern is the second to last question. Forcing right seems like fundamentals of the game. If the Rockets negated him with it, will other teams?

I imagine having more shooters on the floor will help immensely. But do we have any basketball strategists that can comment?

Here’s Joe’s exit interview
https://www.spreaker.com/user/broadwaymedia/joe-ingles-utah-jazz-exit-interviews-4-2

The other two things I mentioned in the original post aren’t as concerning. Deep down I would hate to see the Jazz win the championship and not have Ingles play a critical role. I’d hate to see him not be on the roster. But seeing how cut throat the Raptors were last year, I wonder if it might have to be done. The Jazz built a team that the community loves. It hurts to see Favors and Rubio go on a fandom level, but it makes perfect basketball sense. Joe getting traded might hurt more. (Some fans have labeled him untouchable, is that because of his skill or his personality? I’d argue the only reason anyone would consider Joe untouchable is because of his personality. He does bring more value than his contract, but if an upgrade is available, you take it.)

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I love joe but also think he is a bit over rated by jazz fans. I have seen the word untouchable used multiple times in regards to jingles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Untouchable isn't really true, but I don't see any realistic trade ideas around Joe either. Nobody is trading us a star for Joe, and there's simply no better grease for the wheels player than Joe Ingles.

So, part of me actually regrets starting the thread. I probably did because I’m bored just waiting for the season to start. The thing I really want to talk about is the Rockets series. Maybe someone who understands basketball at a higher level can explain how a guy who has been a professional basketball player for almost fifteen years all of a sudden gets stopped by being aggressively forced right. Joe is an extremely high IQ player. How did he not have a counter? He has one of the most brilliant coaches in the game, why couldn’t they adapt? How has no other team figured this out? Does Eric Gordon’s defense get the credit? Will other teams with lesser defenders be able to pull it off? Is the counter that difficult?

I guess my main concern is the second to last question. Forcing right seems like fundamentals of the game. If the Rockets negated him with it, will other teams?

I imagine having more shooters on the floor will help immensely. But do we have any basketball strategists that can comment?

Here’s Joe’s exit interview
https://www.spreaker.com/user/broadwaymedia/joe-ingles-utah-jazz-exit-interviews-4-2

The other two things I mentioned in the original post aren’t as concerning. Deep down I would hate to see the Jazz win the championship and not have Ingles play a critical role. I’d hate to see him not be on the roster. But seeing how cut throat the Raptors were last year, I wonder if it might have to be done. The Jazz built a team that the community loves. It hurts to see Favors and Rubio go on a fandom level, but it makes perfect basketball sense. Joe getting traded might hurt more. (Some fans have labeled him untouchable, is that because of his skill or his personality? I’d argue the only reason anyone would consider Joe untouchable is because of his personality. He does bring more value than his contract, but if an upgrade is available, you take it.)

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't think it was just him going right that they stopped. I was streaming a Rockets feed one game and they were doing the asst.coach halftime interview and he said something pretty close to "we have to continue to keep the ball out of Mitchel and Ingles hands and have Rubio an Crowder beat us". In other words their entire focus was on two players. Ingles is a great player but he's not the overcome entire team defenses focus good. Going right was part of it, but there's a whole lot more that they did than just that. They put our only two scorers in a strangle hold, good coaching by D'antoni as much as I hate to say it.