What's new

Let’s discuss Joe Ingles

Assuming that playing in a controlled setting gives you a higher probability of getting injured instead of a pickup game.

Wait, I’ve incoming call.

“Hello. ....... hey Boogie, how’s the ACL?”
That's one example. Now go ahead and match that with all the other ones incurred. 2 just this year. Exum for another. Go ahead and pull together your pickup game injured list and compare it to organized summer games. You act like organized games are less dangerous. If that's the case, and presuming that most players play pickup games each year, why are the vast majority of injuries incurred during organized play? Nice attempt at a straw man, and anecdotal evidence is nice and all, but next time try actually thinking.

Edit: 3 this summer, missed Barrett for the Canadians.

Did a quick Google search for basketball injuries. Quite a bit more attributed to organized play than pick up games. Shocking I know.

Edit 2: looks like Jamal Murray had an akle injury practicing with the Canadian team. 4 NBA players with injuries so far just this year.

Then add in Exum, and even Paul George a few years ago.

Still having a hard time finding many injuries attributed to pickup games other than boogie. Maybe he's made of glass.

Last edited:
That's one example. Now go ahead and match that with all the other ones incurred. 2 just this year. Exum for another. Go ahead and pull together your pickup game injured list and compare it to organized summer games. You act like organized games are less dangerous. If that's the case, and presuming that most players play pickup games each year, why are the vast majority of injuries incurred during organized play? Nice attempt at a straw man, and anecdotal evidence is nice and all, but next time try actually thinking.

Did a quick Google search for basketball injuries. Quite a bit more attributed to organized play than pick up games. Shocking I know.

Edit 2: looks like Jamal Murray had an akle injury practicing with the Canadian team. 4 NBA players with injuries so far just this year.

Still having a hard time finding many injuries attributed to pickup games other than boogie. Maybe he's made of glass.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Smile. Sorry I triggered you. I was just making a point that it is not as one sided equation, which you seem to have implied.

Interesting that you argue using only anecdotes but complain about the same.

5 minutes of googling: Monte Ellis injured in pickup game. Devin booker reinsured his hand during a pickup game and this led to surgery and missed time. Ben McLemore. Brandon Knight. TJ Ford. Boogie.

Goes way back. Michael Jordan missed three months after a Ron Artest elbow broke his ribs. And Larry Bird injured his back after being undercut during a charity game, shortening his career.

I don’t have a statistical study of relative risks of pickup versus organized basketball (do you?). Obviously, NBA players spend the vast proportion of their time in structured settings.

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Smile. Sorry I triggered you. I was just making a point that it is not as one sided equation, which you seem to have implied.

Interesting that you argue using only anecdotes but complain about the same.

5 minutes of googling: Monte Ellis injured in pickup game. Devin booker reinsured his hand during a pickup game and this led to surgery and missed time. Ben McLemore. Brandon Knight. TJ Ford. Boogie.

Goes way back. Michael Jordan missed three months after a Ron Artest elbow broke his ribs. And Larry Bird injured his back after being undercut during a charity game, shortening his career.

I don’t have a statistical study of relative risks of pickup versus organized basketball (do you?). Obviously, NBA players spend the vast proportion of their time in structured settings.
You didn't "trigger" anyone, no matter how much you like to think that's your impact, or how much your self-esteem is based on "pwning" anonymous people on the internet. You're just an *******. And you talk out of your *******. So you talk out of yourself. Weird.

Yes basketball players get injured from basketball activity. Imagine that. And the more basketball activities they participate in the more chances for being injured. So adding something like FIBA just adds more chances for injury. That's the point. For a useless activity, among guys who already take those risks in the normal course of things, it's a meaningless risk to take. So my opinion is they shouldn't do it. I would prefer to see FIBA be cast with young players like those from the g-league, who really need the play and exposure for development purposes and then the Olympics for the NBA players, to reduce the chances of more meaningless injuries.

Exum lost an entire season and who knows how much that set his career back. Maybe even altered the trajectory permanently. And for what? It's a meaningless reason to take the risk.

You didn't "trigger" anyone, no matter how much you like to think that's your impact, or how much your self-esteem is based on "pwning" anonymous people on the internet. You're just an *******. And you talk out of your *******. So you talk out of yourself. Weird.

Yes basketball players get injured from basketball activity. Imagine that. And the more basketball activities they participate in the more chances for being injured. So adding something like FIBA just adds more chances for injury. That's the point. For a useless activity, among guys who already take those risks in the normal course of things, it's a meaningless risk to take. So my opinion is they shouldn't do it. I would prefer to see FIBA be cast with young players like those from the g-league, who really need the play and exposure for development purposes and then the Olympics for the NBA players, to reduce the chances of more meaningless injuries.

Exum lost an entire season and who knows how much that set his career back. Maybe even altered the trajectory permanently. And for what? It's a meaningless reason to take the risk.

It all started with a very innocent joke. You seemed to go off the deep end, sorry if I mistook the tone of your message. You seemed pretty hot.

Well, I guess some of you don't get that the fact that it's a meaningless tournament for USA doesn't mean it's meaningless for the rest of the world. It s pretty amazing to be able to represent your country even if it s obvious who is the best and light years ahead of everyone else. But in US you hear the national anthem before every regular season game which I find a bit wierd (don't shoot me, please). In other countries you hear it only when you play for your national team which makes it very emotional. I can totally understand Rudy or Joe feelings and the connection they have with their homeland supporters. Sure, it sucks for the nba clubs but you are a bit spoiled knowing you are the best. Anyway fingers crossed for Jazz players to stay healthy through it!

I don't think it was just him going right that they stopped. I was streaming a Rockets feed one game and they were doing the asst.coach halftime interview and he said something pretty close to "we have to continue to keep the ball out of Mitchel and Ingles hands and have Rubio an Crowder beat us". In other words their entire focus was on two players. Ingles is a great player but he's not the overcome entire team defenses focus good. Going right was part of it, but there's a whole lot more that they did than just that. They put our only two scorers in a strangle hold, good coaching by D'antoni as much as I hate to say it.

Thanks. This was the type of response I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Plays excellent defense, irritates the hades out of any opponent he's assigned to cover, loves pick and rolls and hits open jump shots consistently, never takes the game into his own hands and gets as much of a kick out of an assists as making a 3 point shot!

Plays excellent defense, irritates the hades out of any opponent he's assigned to cover, loves pick and rolls and hits open jump shots consistently, never takes the game into his own hands and gets as much of a kick out of an assists as making a 3 point shot!

Didn’t successfully do a single one of those things in a 5 game series against the Rockets.

But he demolished Reddick and got in Paul George’s head the previous two years.

I think my concerns have been addressed by the fact that he’ll no longer be the number two option on the team. It will creat space for him and he is brilliant, so he’ll take advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Did you all see the adorable tweet by Ranae Ingles the other day? I'd put it on here if I could figure out how. Anyway, his autistic son said "Mum" for the first time, and the joy on all of their faces is precious.

Anyone else around here seen the recent research on linkages between autism(s) and the microbiome? It’s :eek:

Not that im here to support you cause i think you're an arsehole who should be beaten relentlessly with a stick. One thing to consider is the penniless nature of Australian basketball and the fact that our players are often paying for their own physios ect.

Still i think our guys also realise how important the team is to the sport and country, the boomers were the most watched Australian team at the last Olympics.

I will go on bout this tomorrow when im sober but loggrax is an arsehole.

Not that im here to support you cause i think you're an arsehole who should be beaten relentlessly with a stick. One thing to consider is the penniless nature of Australian basketball and the fact that our players are often paying for their own physios ect.

Still i think our guys also realise how important the team is to the sport and country, the boomers were the most watched Australian team at the last Olympics.

LogGrad is my favorite

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m an arsehole too.

But I also think nationalism (or whatever you want to call it) is stupid at best.

Useless?

And no, Exums injury has not hurt him that much. He just isnt that great and was never going to be.

Last edited:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it still fall?

You think Rudy Gobert is going to call a reporter to tell him he sprained aj ankle during a pickup game? Your argument falls apart if you start including anything that isnt major surgery because we have no way of knowing what happens during pickup games unless its major surgery.

Last edited:
I’m an arsehole too.

But I also think nationalism (or whatever you want to call it) is stupid at best.
For most things, but I think it is important for sports. Australia doing well puts Australia on the map so other guys coming up can have better opportunities.