What's new

Liar Liar or Ace Ventura

Which movie would you say is better

• Liar Liar

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Ace Ventura

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Also for me a detective type story line, once you've seen it you've got to wait at least 4-5 years until you completely forget the plot before watching it again. Like Se7en, it's a great movie but what's the point of watching it every year? Same goes with Shutter Island or the Sixth Sense very well made but it loses a lot when you already know the ending.

So I finally watched The Sixth Sense for the first time a few nights back because it kept coming up in conversations everywhere I went. I wasnt impressed. I'm sure it was good back in the day, but time wasn't too good on that one either. Funny how entertainment evolves.

So I finally watched The Sixth Sense for the first time a few nights back because it kept coming up in conversations everywhere I went. I wasnt impressed. I'm sure it was good back in the day, but time wasn't too good on that one either. Funny how entertainment evolves.

To be honest I haven't actually seen it from beginning to end, I've just seen bits of it. The reason being I'd already knew the ending so the movie was sorta ruined for me from the get go.

To be honest I haven't actually seen it from beginning to end, I've just seen bits of it. The reason being I'd already knew the ending so the movie was sorta ruined for me from the get go.

I'm pretty sure I would have figured out the suprise ending had I not known there would be one. It seemed pretty obvious. I mean, what was the point of the movie other than that?

Osment's acting was great. I see why the movie was the talk of the town.

Ace Ventura. And it’s not even close.

This is what happens to most comedians. They’re hilarious in their first few years or so. Think Eddie Murphy with 48 Hours, Trading Places, and Beverly Hills Cop. Then they start to take their self too serious and try too hard. What was once strong humor becomes a forced Dane Cook-like act.

Man on the Moon and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are both pretty good. Jim and Andy: The Great Beyond which is a documentary about the making of the Man on the Moon is well worth watching too.

Man on the Moon and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are both pretty good. Jim and Andy: The Great Beyond which is a documentary about the making of the Man on the Moon is well worth watching too.

Those aren’t really comedies though.

I'm surprised Jim Carey hasn't done more movies like Liar Liar... I actually think he's a better actor playing somebody we can relate to, i.e., a family man in Liar Liar, and an ambitious news reporter in Bruce Almighty.

I like those movies far more than an Ace Ventura type movie where he's wayyyyy over the top. For me it gets old REAL fast.

Liar liar for sure. I fell asleep during ace ventura. Shtick is just shtick when that is the entirety of the film and is therefore boring. Liar liar provided much needed context that allowed the physical comedy to really shine as we could all imagine being in that position so it is relatable. And really what makes liar liar are the reactions of the people around him. Like the scene in the courtroom where he is trying to force himself to lie. The reaction of the other lawyer is fantastic and helps the audience feel the absurdity of the moment, making it orders of magnitude funnier than if he was just acting goofy.

My favorite Jim Carrey movie is Dumb and dumber, so naturally I like me some ACE!!!

I mean are you kidding me everything from Dan Marino to Ace finally putting Einhorn and Finkle together as the same person to Ace pointing that out to all of the other detectives is bloody classic to everything else in between. It’s just awesome!!!!

Liar liar is a movie I can watech all of one time, and such a boring movie. I can watch Ace Ventura pet detective this minute and have sooooo much nostalgia and who doesn’t love a complete imbecile as a detective saving the day. It’s just fun!!

Who ****ing cares?

The Utah Jazz are back on my TV!

Where is the god damn game thread?
Then I would ask why you ever post on general discussion? If you don’t care because the jazz are starting why click on this thread let alone general all together. Somethings fishy here. Maybe Ace Ventura can get to the bottom of this mystery as to why or how @♪alt13 found himself in Ace vs Liar, in general. Idiot!!

Then I would ask why you ever post on general discussion? If you don’t care because the jazz are starting why click on this thread let alone general all together. Somethings fishy here. Maybe Ace Ventura can get to the bottom of this mystery as to why or how @♪alt13 found himself in Ace vs Liar, in general. Idiot!!

Careful, he will challenge you to a boxing match lol

Ace Ventura. And it’s not even close.

This is what happens to most comedians. They’re hilarious in their first few years or so. Think Eddie Murphy with 48 Hours, Trading Places, and Beverly Hills Cop. Then they start to take their self too serious and try too hard. What was once strong humor becomes a forced Dane Cook-like act.

So I actually watched Ace Ventura Pet Detective not so long ago, about 5 times. None of all the other movies mentioned in this thread, yet. I have a daughter who found it somewhere, somehow, I don't know why. I'd guess she's curious about... oh, boys.... or something. I vaguely realized, from some old movie trailer, that there WAS an original Pet Detective.

I studied Ace to try, vainly, to understand a whole generation of socially indoctrinated humans who can't think rationally. I guess emotional symbolism is a fair substitute for rational thought based on fake science, but humans sacrificing all their power of deduction on the altar of mass propaganda/conformity is sorta sad.

Girls in love with fish, and boys trying to be funny, or smart......

But it's what happens when movies displace real life.

Or when humans make their own gods.

And, I suppose, when poets believe in beauty.

So, nothing has changed, really, since Ecclesiastes.