What's new

Life - official thread

Yes I do agree that girls are wayyyy more fickle here in Thailand than they are in NZ ... but yeah since I plan on moving to Thailand in just under 2 years I don't know if it's a good idea to start a relationship in NZ and then try to get her to move later on... Plus dunno how many kiwi girls are interested in moving to thailand long term.. LOL

But yeah it has become much more apparent to me on this trip how different the 2 cultures are... the people, the social environment, the hectic pace of life.. everything's so totally different.

Also too many choices is a problem for me. It's like if u live in a small town, and you go a shoe shop and there are only 5 pairs, you can pretty easily choose your favourite one and live with it, .. but when there are 100's of pairs to choose from, you start to get picky... and once you eventually ended up choosing 1 pair, .. you walk out the shop, there are 10 more shops with 100 more pairs to choose from AGAIN ...

That's what it's like here with girls.. 1,000's of pairs of 'shoes' to choose from.. literally.

So if you're moving to Thailand, my answer has now changed. You're going to have sexual reassignment surgery. Hence, you might not be married. Not that you couldn't. But "Bob" might start getting a little suspicious when he doesn't see any photos of you from before 2018.

I have the OL psychoanalysis forthcoming. When? I don't know. Hopefully today.
Brace yourself, Oney.

??? Maybe read more about people who have lead this kind of life???

You are an English teacher aren't you? You do read non fiction books right?

Define "this kind of life." A dull, lonely, boring one where one never gets laid or drinks? Sounds like the worst book ever.

Define "this kind of life." A dull, lonely, boring one where one never gets laid or drinks? Sounds like the worst book ever.
Getting laid and drinks define your life does it??

LoL ... I got plenty of both... but then I ask myself... 'And then what?' More of the same? If you're always thirsty nothing will be enough ....

LoL ..... Emptiness.

My analysis of OL:

It started maybe three years ago.
Doubt. Self-doubt to be precise.
He knows he's smart. He knows he's a good catch.
But the seeds of doubt begin creeping in. What will I accomplish in this life.
Financially. Relationship. Family. Happiness. Peace.

It started with business. Will I ever find my niche/my thing?

With that seed of doubt a momentum, albeit very subtle, took its first breath. And it was a reverse/negative momentum.

Rather than thinking BIG about life, he begins thinking small. Rather than, "what would I do with my life with financial success?" he begins thinking, "what is the best way to survive/sustain myself on little."

And so a journey of compromise begins unbeknownst, fully, to OL.

Problem with his love life is he's stuck somewhere in a half-pregnant world of life-compromise and feeling he shouldn't "settle" for anyone but a true HOMERUN marriage.

Seems okay, right? Well, sorta.

It's very difficult to have those two competing paradigms work together.

While OL dates girls his mouth says he wants a great woman, a great life, but his actions he wears on his sleeve is one of lacking confidence in most areas of life... a life of compromise. A woman doesn't know what to make of this and takes it as insecurity (it has become that over time) and doesn't feel secure, herself, with this guy.

Let me give you an assignment, OL (since you like TV shows and movies). Watch, and watch closely, "Bridges of Madison County." Watch the two personalities in that movie (the men of course).

I suspect you are trying to be a complete hybrid of the two and it isn't working.
Maybe try to really figure out who you are.. what you want, and really own it. By owning it I mean be done with worrying about what you aren't. It's the worrying about these things and the self-doubt that leads to unsustainable pursuits. Mixed signals. Know yourself before you can know someone else and them know you.

There's no right or wrong answers, but finding what that answer is... that's important.

Best of luck in all you do.

??? Maybe read more about people who have lead this kind of life???

You are an English teacher aren't you? You do read non fiction books right?

Why? You aren't those people, and they aren't you. What you need to do is figure yourself out. If you wanna be single and happy, just do it. You don't need some dumb book for that.

You're just thinking waaaay too much. Stop that and just do something. You know why none of these dates or whatever are working? It's because you're not committed. And they know. Trust me, they know. So until you figure out what you want, and you're actually committed to it, you're just gonna see the same results.

Why? You aren't those people, and they aren't you. What you need to do is figure yourself out. If you wanna be single and happy, just do it. You don't need some dumb book for that.

You're just thinking waaaay too much. Stop that and just do something. You know why none of these dates or whatever are working? It's because you're not committed. And they know. Trust me, they know. So until you figure out what you want, and you're actually committed to it, you're just gonna see the same results.

Was gonna post something almost exactly like this and I opted for the smartass post instead.

But yeah, I feel like Kinkkk feels sorry for himself and thinks, there must be more. Let me tell you something. There's not. No girl is perfect. You aren't perfect. You may even suck. So get over it, do what makes you happy on a daily basis, and maybe, just maybe, you'll stumble upon the girl who's perfect for you. But to sit there and say, life is gonna be solitude if I'm by myself sounds so contrived.

My Gma died 2 months before her 99 BDay. So the family is getting together in central Utah this Saturday to bury her and have an impromptu family reunion. I don't think central Utah is ready lol.

She is survived by quite the legacy. 3 kids, 28 grandchildren, 81 great grandchildren and 41 great great grandchildren. Husband and 2 daughters were waiting for her when she went.

What a life she lived.

Like when she drove her car up to a local hooker when she lived in Burbank. Called the hooker over, grabbed her hair, rolled up her car window and dragged her for two blocks while she proceeded to tell her what would happen is she bothered her grandkids again.

Or when she knocked out a local sheriff in a bar with a haymaker. When asked why she said it was because he took her on a date years ago and told her to put out or get out so she got out and had to walk home in the dark for 3 miles to get home.

Or the time her home was robbed and the local gangbangers found out what happened. Gma woke up the next morning and all of her stuff was on her lawn. That's what you get when you make the local thugs cookies every day.

My Gma died 2 months before her 99 BDay. So the family is getting together in central Utah this Saturday to bury her and have an impromptu family reunion. I don't think central Utah is ready lol.

She is survived by quite the legacy. 3 kids, 28 grandchildren, 81 great grandchildren and 41 great great grandchildren. Husband and 2 daughters were waiting for her when she went.

What a life she lived.

Like when she drove her car up to a local hooker when she lived in Burbank. Called the hooker over, grabbed her hair, rolled up her car window and dragged her for two blocks while she proceeded to tell her what would happen is she bothered her grandkids again.

Or when she knocked out a local sheriff in a bar with a haymaker. When asked why she said it was because he took her on a date years ago and told her to put out or get out so she got out and had to walk home in the dark for 3 miles to get home.
I love your grandma

Sorry for your loss, Stoked. We buried my grandpa last year and he was almost 99 too.
One of the hardest things I've gone through.

My analysis of OL:

It started maybe three years ago.
Doubt. Self-doubt to be precise.
He knows he's smart. He knows he's a good catch.
But the seeds of doubt begin creeping in. What will I accomplish in this life.
Financially. Relationship. Family. Happiness. Peace.

It started with business. Will I ever find my niche/my thing?

With that seed of doubt a momentum, albeit very subtle, took its first breath. And it was a reverse/negative momentum.

Rather than thinking BIG about life, he begins thinking small. Rather than, "what would I do with my life with financial success?" he begins thinking, "what is the best way to survive/sustain myself on little."

And so a journey of compromise begins unbeknownst, fully, to OL.

Problem with his love life is he's stuck somewhere in a half-pregnant world of life-compromise and feeling he shouldn't "settle" for anyone but a true HOMERUN marriage.

Seems okay, right? Well, sorta.

It's very difficult to have those two competing paradigms work together.

While OL dates girls his mouth says he wants a great woman, a great life, but his actions he wears on his sleeve is one of lacking confidence in most areas of life... a life of compromise. A woman doesn't know what to make of this and takes it as insecurity (it has become that over time) and doesn't feel secure, herself, with this guy.

Let me give you an assignment, OL (since you like TV shows and movies). Watch, and watch closely, "Bridges of Madison County." Watch the two personalities in that movie (the men of course).

I suspect you are trying to be a complete hybrid of the two and it isn't working.
Maybe try to really figure out who you are.. what you want, and really own it. By owning it I mean be done with worrying about what you aren't. It's the worrying about these things and the self-doubt that leads to unsustainable pursuits. Mixed signals. Know yourself before you can know someone else and them know you.

There's no right or wrong answers, but finding what that answer is... that's important.

Best of luck in all you do.

Thanks PKM ...

Bridges of Madison County is one of my all time favourite movies... I actually re-watched it again just a couple of months ago and got a lot more out of it than the previous times that I've watched it.

As I am currently I am probably leaning towards more of the Clint Eastwood character (Robert Kingcaid) than the 'family man' character. The typical family life just never had the same kind of 'pull' for me as it does for other people.

I wouldn't say it is 'self doubt' ... I would say, the more I think about this world that is slowly turning into a more material based society of MORE AND MORE AND MORE ... I ended up thinking to myself, why not less and less and less? If the alcoholic is gravitated towards the destruction of himself by turning to alcohol, ... isn't it easier to quit alcohol completely? The same with the modern man gravitating towards materialism, .. instead of striving for a better job, a better career, just to get more Money and buying more things, isn't it easier to simplify one's life and learn to live on less?

I've always wanted to take the path less travelled and this way to a 'simpler, more peaceful life' appeals to me.

One of my favourite quotes in the Bridges of Madison County is when Francesca asked Robert: "Doesn't it scare you? Being alone?". Robert's answer was: "I don't think so. I think I embrace the mystery". And to me that's being at peace with oneself. He's comfortable enough being alone, not tied to anyone, or anything. To me that's complete freedom, emotionally and physically. He doesn't NEED anything else, he is complete and perfect.

Unmarried... solitude... self dependent... sustainable... inner peace ...

I'm just interested in the path less travelled is all....
You think you would be the world's first hermit or something? I guess they all think they're the only one living that life.

As I've said, the theme of hotttnickkk's love life should probably go down as one of the greatest trolls ever on JFC. It has been difficult to believe that hotttnickkk is a real person, and I've always laughed at the effort that UGLI Baby and Peeks have made to elevate his character. This heartfelt connection over The Bridges of Madison County is such a precious example. I'm speechless.