What's new

Life - official thread

It can't be a Duramax and a Cummins. Cmon man, you should know that.

Don't know why you'd go with a Dodge. Great diesel, but the truck will fall apart in no time, plus it's ugly as hell. Shoulda kept the Excursion.

Yeah.. didn't mean to say duramax.
I love the truck and I've never liked Dodge... but it's too beastly to dislike.
And I still have the excursion, atm.

I'm a dodge man solely because of the cummins engine.

Next for me is the 7.3 litre powerjoke. Then the duramax, then any other ford diesel at the very bottom. I've had too many bad experiences with the 6.0 L fords to ever buy that or a 6.4 L again.

I'm a dodge man solely because of the cummins engine.

Next for me is the 7.3 litre powerjoke. Then the duramax, then any other ford diesel at the very bottom. I've had too many bad experiences with the 6.0 L fords to ever buy that or a 6.4 L again.

Depends.

If all you wanna do is pull heavy loads, Cummins is great. Manual tranny > than auto for them.

Powerstroke is aight.

Duramax is best of both worlds imo. Has the Allison tranny, best in the business, and will handle about any load you have. Easily the best highway diesel.

Cummins makes a great engine, it's just everything else around it that I don't like.

Depends.

If all you wanna do is pull heavy loads, Cummins is great. Manual tranny > than auto for them.

Powerstroke is aight.

Duramax is best of both worlds imo. Has the Allison tranny, best in the business, and will handle about any load you have. Easily the best highway diesel.

Cummins makes a great engine, it's just everything else around it that I don't like.

Yeah a Duramax would be great in a minivan.

I can't imagine buying a pickup that doesn't say Ford on the grill.

Ford makes a really nice half-ton. Their heavier duty stuff is ok, nothing fantastic, nothing awful. Their diesels are below Duramax and Cummins for sure. Just depends what you want. Pickup for show that you might put a couple 2x4's in occasionally? Get yourself that Ford half ton.

Just caught up on this thread. I have to say [MENTION=2142]addictionary[/MENTION]'s baby >>> [MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION]'s new truck. (That was some seriously impressive driving on your old truck though, there were a couple of times I really thought you were going to start sliding and kill that dude that was directing you down.)

Just caught up on this thread. I have to say [MENTION=2142]addictionary[/MENTION]'s baby >>> [MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION]'s new truck. (That was some seriously impressive driving on your old truck though, there were a couple of times I really thought you were going to start sliding and kill that dude that was directing you down.)

Agree with every word.

Depends.

Powerstroke is aight.

I just don't like the way they cool the injectors. For me, the old 12 valve cummmins with mechanical injectors is the best.

Most diesel trucks now have that system where they use engine oil to lubricate and cool the injectors, and I have had too many experiences with that producing problems. I've gone through three powerstrokes injectors. Two cat diesels that I could never get running right because of the injectors and hpop.

I would buy a duramax, but it wouldn't be for the engine, it would be for the truck and transmission paired with it.

I love those Allison transmissions. I've got 4 of the R2000, and one of the r1000 Allison transmissions without park. All paired with 5.9L and 8.3L inline cummins.

The only cummins I've got in a light duty vehicle is a 6.7 in a 3/4 ton dodge. It does fine, but that getrag transmission is about to give out after pulling trailers for 80% of its 155,000 miles.