What's new

Lindsey: read it and weep

I've deconstructed this and cannot for the life of me figure out how this makes sense. Seems to me the best teams end up with the least trade rumors.

When other people are telling you that you need to take this trade, they generally meant that they want to to take this trade. Just like if you walk into a car dealership, and the salesman says "You really need this car", generally it's the salesman who really wants the sale.

Williams, 30, took umbrage last week when ESPN columnist Bill Simmons said the Jazz need to find a point guard. He posted to his Twitter account, "What the hell Bill Simmons talking about the jazz need a point guard. What the hell position have I been playing all yr [sic]?"

I don't know, what the hell position have you?

I don't see a big trade happening this year.

If Burks keeps playing PG after Watson returns, I see us trying to sign-and-trade for an upgrade at SF.

Rep this man.

Why bother to rep him, he may not meet the criteria set up to get credit for reps. like I have been told I don't. I have gotten 6 positive reps. and I still sit at 7, so I have started to neg. rep. the moderators. What can they do to me take away some of my reps. LOL Screw this site and its moderators

I'm glad they finally explained their strategy and I'm glad he's admitted that this is a rebuilding season. I think he's saying all this in response to the low turnouts in the Jazz arena.

Rebuilding my butt! More like a holding pattern. Rebuilding would be trying to push the progress of The Four more instead of going with the veterans regardless of production, effort or talent.

Lindsey is making claims, not arguments. And for the most part those claims aren't even true. He claims that this franchise has brought younglings along slowly throughout history and that's why we're doing it now.

1. You can't say that bringing youngs along slowly worked in the past, therefore it will inevitably work now. Each player and situation is different, and the NBA is very different than it was 30 years ago. He makes a claim without providing any actual logical thought addressing why his method is the best rout for player development, yet expects us all to just to just go along with it anyway.

2. The claim that "this is how we've done it in the past" isn't true anywhere near what Lindsey is suggesting. As others have already pointed out, Malone started almost from day 1, Deron started about half his rookie year, and even Stockton (the only case Lindsey sites), although he wasn't starting, still got far more playing time than half our young core (Kanter and Burks), and he was playing behind an actual All-Star.

All Lindsey has done is address that we're all frustrated with the way things are moving, and done nothing to surpress those feelings; if anything, I'm more frustrated with the development of our core than I was before reading the article because now there's concrete evidence that the FO actually believes that DNP's are more beneficial than minutes.

"Sometimes the best move is no move."
"We haven't seen this team healthy yet."
"We can't make a move just because our entire rebuilding plan has imploded while our hands have been our pockets."
"We listen. If there's a move that will improve the team we'll make it."
"All we need is a little plutonium."

"Sometimes the best move is no move."
"We haven't seen this team healthy yet."
"We can't make a move just because our entire rebuilding plan has imploded while our hands have been our pockets."
"We listen. If there's a move that will improve the team we'll make it."
"All we need is a little plutonium."

Keep em coming.

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/55811421-87/jazz-lindsey-guard-nba.html.csp

I'm surprised nobody has linked to this article yet. Here is the item that grabbed my attention, "That’s where Lindsey finds truth in the past, saying the team is "adhering to the history of the organization" by bringing its young stars along slowly. Stockton did not become a full-time starter until 1987-88, his fourth year in the NBA."

problem is you can't do things like back in the day. players contracts are shorter.
they dont stay as long with the same team.

most (star)players don't stay with their team

especially if they get the 5 minute treatment.
duncan/ginobli and parker stayed long with the spurs but they got to star/play major minutes early

Sort of. It would be different. The Jazz would get their points by being physically superior to their opponents and/or by outworking them. Transition, offensive rebounds, and ball-movement. Enes will look like Shaq/McHale/Malone some nights and Rafa on others, Favors will look like rookie Amare on some nights and Chris Wilcox in others, Hayward will look like Ginobili on some nights and Giricek in others, and Alec Burks will look like Dwyane Wade on some nights but will look more like David Benoit (I'm finding a hard comparison here) on others.

But consistent performance requires consistent opportunities. That is consistent. The team could be a lot better, roughly the same, or a little worse. I do not believe the Jazz would be a lot worse than they have been.

wellt hat is almost the definition off jazzbasketball, where can i sign to trade him