What's new

Lockout!!!

as jay-z once said "And the money's really worthless, I'm pissin you off on purpose"

its not about the money - the players went all the way to 50-50. Its about preserving the freedom to have some say in where you live and work.

The NBPA is a ****ing **** show. What in "god"'s name is a union even for if the players can't even put a vote to an offer?

Well I said before the lockout that I expected the season to be lost. Now I wonder if the start of next season is also in jeopardy.

If the NBA follows through on their statement that all contracts are void what does that mean for the Jazz? Now that there is no Union to lock out can the owners start rebuilding the league?

Do the players really think decertification will get them a better deal, did they not see what it got the players in the NFL lockout, because they ended up caving in to the owners. The only difference is the NFL players decertified the moment the lockout started, NBA players waited months. Idiots!!!

Well I said before the lockout that I expected the season to be lost. Now I wonder if the start of next season is also in jeopardy.

If the NBA follows through on their statement that all contracts are void what does that mean for the Jazz? Now that there is no Union to lock out can the owners start rebuilding the league?
rebuild with what?

So long NBA. I doubt the league can recover from this.

The players are about to receive a good hard dose of reality. The fans don't like them.

The people paying the bills don't like the product, don't like the attitude, don't like the showboating and don't like the flamboyance. On a scale of one to 10, America's loathing of NBA players is at an 11, which is at least two points higher than all the other professional athletes. Going to court is the worse option the players can take.

When you go to NBA games, it's dominated by hip-hop......basically, the perception is that, with the NBA, it's a thug league.

This sentiment resonates through the media. Today's NBA is an extension of the hip-hop culture [the players] embrace, which promotes and encourages anger, violence, selfishness, bling-bling, excess, the exploitation of women and showboating. You don't want your kids to think they should decorate their neck, arms, hands, chest and legs in paint. You don't want to waste time explaining to your kids that some millionaire athletes have so little genuine self-confidence that they find it necessary to cover themselves in tattoos as a way to mask their insecurities. Most NBA players look like recent prison parolees.

The question I have is can the rank and file players still force this to a vote? Why should they have to abide by the union's decision not to let them vote? Somebody has to start a movement on this.

as jay-z once said "And the money's really worthless, I'm pissin you off on purpose"

its not about the money - the players went all the way to 50-50. Its about preserving the freedom to have some say in where you live and work.

Your posts are so idiotic. There are hundreds of other professions that require individuals to move or to live in cities that they don't necessarily want to live in. Why should the NBA be any different? And here's the real kicker, just like in other professions, if a player doesn't like his "current working conditions" he can quit and either go work for somebody else (see Williams, Deron) or look for a new profession (see - in a few months - plenty of current NBA players).

If we lose the season, I can't guarantee I will come back.

Ok, I'll come back, but I will wish I didn't.
Stinkin players.

I am for all owners here. As a fan i am sickened that these players our so greedy.any cost accurred by the nba is passed down to the public, not the owners. once the price gets to high for the average fan to attend the owners don't make money and they fold or sell. how much money does a nba player need to make. average salary 5 million a year all there cost paid for (rooms food travel). how much does the average person make $35000.00 a year and we support them. they can take there crying and stick you know where.... the way i look at it i just saved $2500.00 on season tickets and i will spend it at the millers theaters DON'T GIVE IN MILLERS HOLD YOUR GROUND

Do the players really think decertification will get them a better deal, did they not see what it got the players in the NFL lockout, because they ended up caving in to the owners. The only difference is the NFL players decertified the moment the lockout started, NBA players waited months. Idiots!!!

After Gene Upshaw died the NFLPA had new blood at the top - they were more inclined to decertify. I'm also sure the players KNEW the owners weren't bluffing. There would be no deal without major concessions through the CB process. So they took their chances in court. NFL players also had no option of playing overseas and realize to a man that their years of peak earning as an NFL player is very, very short.

With The NBA we've been treated to the Hunter/Fisher vanity tour for the last 5+ months which to no ones surprise has turned out to be a colassal failure in terms of everything from public relations to gauging the seriousness of the owners.

I am for all owners here. As a fan i am sickened that these players our so greedy.any cost accurred by the nba is passed down to the public, not the owners. once the price gets to high for the average fan to attend the owners don't make money and they fold or sell. how much money does a nba player need to make. average salary 5 million a year all there cost paid for (rooms food travel). how much does the average person make $35000.00 a year and we support them. they can take there crying and stick you know where.... the way i look at it i just saved $2500.00 on season tickets and i will spend it at the millers theaters DON'T GIVE IN MILLERS HOLD YOUR GROUND

Welcome, and thanks for posting.

Players tweets post decertification threats:

Austin Daye: ppl do ur research understand both sides then express ur opinion!! Are jobs are only as secure as are youth remember that!

JaVale McGee: Groupies know we don't have a job ... Now we can't use "I play in the nBA" as a pick up line

DeMar DeRozan: It's crazy how ppl say we're greedy. Y'all have no idea or understand its not us that's the problem

Brandon Rush: Why didn't I play baseball.
Greg Monroe: Dammit!!!
Marshon Brooks: Sad sad day

Then these players can go **** themselves. I hope this is the death of the NBA. What will these players do when most of them have nowhere to go work. Maybe the owners should start up their own league on their terms and these players can go work at Mcdonald's. They can work at McD's anywhere they want.

The people paying the bills don't like the product, don't like the attitude, don't like the showboating and don't like the flamboyance. On a scale of one to 10, America's loathing of NBA players is at an 11, which is at least two points higher than all the other professional athletes. Going to court is the worse option the players can take.

When you go to NBA games, it's dominated by hip-hop......basically, the perception is that, with the NBA, it's a thug league.

This sentiment resonates through the media. Today's NBA is an extension of the hip-hop culture [the players] embrace, which promotes and encourages anger, violence, selfishness, bling-bling, excess, the exploitation of women and showboating. You don't want your kids to think they should decorate their neck, arms, hands, chest and legs in paint. You don't want to waste time explaining to your kids that some millionaire athletes have so little genuine self-confidence that they find it necessary to cover themselves in tattoos as a way to mask their insecurities. Most NBA players look like recent prison parolees.

I don't think it's the hip-hop culture. That's over generalization. In fact there are decent people who have tattoos. The problem with many of today's NBA players is their sense of ENTITLEMENT. It tends to permeate where people have too much money that they feel they can do whatever they want. Paris Hilton isn't hip-hop. She isn't a thug. She has no tattoos (that I know of - I haven't seen her home movies) but she does have a sense of entitlement. Entitlement makes people think they can have what they want and no one should ever tell them no. The union debated for 2 years now and they'd rather go to court than be told no to their demands.
I just wanted to clarify what I see as the problem and it isn't tats.