What's new

Lottery Standings

I don't think a high pick in a weak draft is a gift, because odds are you end up paying the guy more than he is worth to the team.
I guess it depends on the pick and how weak the draft really is. If you can recall, we ended up also getting Burks at 12. Which is looking more and more like a nice pick. I don't understand your Kanter hate. So far, you should be pleasantly surprised with how he has played since being away from competitive basketball for so long.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the coin flip for the 8th pick, barring GS winning another game, takes place on Friday.

coin toss does not take place in front of cameras, to those who were asking. in the past, it has taken place at the board of governors meeting, where every team has at least one representative present. not sure if they're schedule a special board of governors meeting for friday, since they already had one in april... but either way, we'll find out soon.

coin toss does not take place in front of cameras, to those who were asking. in the past, it has taken place at the board of governors meeting, where every team has at least one representative present. not sure if they're schedule a special board of governors meeting for friday, since they already had one in april... but either way, we'll find out soon.
If we lose the coin toss then KOC is going to go Michael Corleone and excuse himself to the bathroom where there will be a pistol waiting behind the toilet tank.

If Stern is as corrupt as he is painted out to be then he sure did us a favor with the #3 overall pick last year. Sure we have lost some coin tosses before. Maybe a corrupt Stern will be angry with the obvious tank job GS has been trying to execute down the stretch. Or maybe Stern isn't as corrupt as we might think.
Sure seemed like the lottery was fixed last season when Cleveland, which got hosed by Lebron, and Utah, which went through the Deron saga, were 2 of the lucky teams. Not sure there's a way to fix a coin toss, though - perhaps a double-headed quarter?

Stern loves drama (and he's corrupt). If GS wins the coin toss there's room for optimism that someone will leapfrog them.
If they lose it, the Warriors fans will be crushed until the lottery where their 8th pick will magically leap into the top 3.

The NBA is bull****.

Stern loves drama (and he's corrupt). If GS wins the coin toss there's room for optimism that someone will leapfrog them.
If they lose it, the Warriors fans will be crushed until the lottery where their 8th pick will magically leap into the top 3.

The NBA is bull****.

It's too bad Chicago doesn't suck and isn't in the lottery this year. We would surely be getting the pick.

Man, what's with my negativity these days? I deleted an earlier post because it was so defeatist.

Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to balance Bluesrocker's optimism. I'm apologize all. I'm a dick I guess.

View attachment 906

northeast, busy at work.

"Professionally looking your gift horse in the mouth since 1976"
images

I see Joe violating the rules of the board for about the 500th time.
Too bad the many of the best posters have been run off this board by the real trolls here.

huh?

Sure seemed like the lottery was fixed last season when Cleveland, which got hosed by Lebron, and Utah, which went through the Deron saga, were 2 of the lucky teams. Not sure there's a way to fix a coin toss, though - perhaps a double-headed quarter?

So every time something not likely occurs, it seems like a fix? If you have a 10% chance of something happening, and it happens, does that mean there is a fix, or does it just happen to happen every ten times on average.

So every time something not likely occurs, it seems like a fix? If you have a 10% chance of something happening, and it happens, does that mean there is a fix, or does it just happen to happen every ten times on average.

Everything is a conspiracy. Everything.