What's new

Game Thread Mar 01, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 03-01-21

I'll repeat myself:

The Jazz are 1-8 in games where they don't have a lead of 8+ at any point in the final few minutes.
That stat does carry some weight
Does having the best record in the league carry any?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So selfish he passed to Royce for the 3 to cut it to 1 with a minute left when he could have attacked the basket.

What are you Conley's cousin or just a friend?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

yeah I’m his cousin, I call him little Mikey.

Mikes was a bad shot but let’s be honest Mitchell had like 8 bad shots and a missed dunk.

That stat does carry some weight
Does having the best record in the league carry any?

Well the Bucks are another team that for the last couple years had the best record in the NBA and an amazing net rating to go along with it. They also struggle mightily in clutch situations.

They got backdoor swept in 2019 and lost in 5 in Round 2 last year.

You'd be wrong - it is this year.
Oops.

Still that seems more like noise than anything else. After the 4-4 start, Jazz have felt more comfortable in situations, they would wilt in prior seasons. But I will be on the lookout and will probably turn back and look at the losses

talent wise we are just inferior to the pels. meaning if they have a great coach like Quin who can put all the pieces together they'd become real dominant and easily have a better record than us.

but we are not always living in the ideal world so talented teams rarely reach their full potentials for various reason.

Well the Bucks are another team that for the last couple years had the best record in the NBA and an amazing net rating to go along with it. They also struggle mightily in clutch situations.

They got backdoor swept in 2019 and lost in 5 in Round 2 last year.
So does the team with the best record in the nba always struggle in the playoffs or does that team sometimes do good too?
Also, I consider the west better than the east. If you finish with the best record in the league and you play in the west I think it carries more weight.

good thing the all star break is coming. the team needs it. Favs, Ingles and Conley simply look tired out there. Maybe Quin should start load managing these guys to keep them fresh for the postseason.

If they're particularly bad at winning close games then they tend to struggle.
Link? Did the bucks struggle to win close games in the regular season the last couple years?

So does the team with the best record in the nba always struggle in the playoffs or does that team sometimes do good too?

Well, we know the record setting 73-9 Warriors faded in The Finals and lost. That 73-9 team also had to go to 7 games against Houston in the playoffs. Think about that -- they lost nine games all year, but lost seven in three weeks in the playoffs.

LoPo is ****ing hilarious. Donovan goes 7-21 and 1-8 from three. Missed a dunk, missed multiple layups and air balled a three late.

Conley misses the game tying three (yes it was a horrible shot) and it is suddenly all Conley’s fault we lost lmao. Dude has a weird vendetta out for Conley and is doubling down hard on his **** takes last year.

Well, we know the record setting 73-9 Warriors faded in The Finals and lost. That 73-9 team also had to go to 7 games against Houston in the playoffs. Think about that -- they lost nine games all year, but lost seven in three weeks in the playoffs.
You are right. I'm sure the warriors struggled in close regular season games during that 73-9 season. They just really weren't a very good team.

LoPo is ****ing hilarious. Donovan goes 7-21 and 1-8 from three. Missed a dunk, missed multiple layups and air balled a three late.

Conley misses the game tying three (yes it was a horrible shot) and it is suddenly all Conley’s fault we lost lmao. Dude has a weird vendetta out for Conley and is doubling down hard on his **** takes last year.
Mitchell being this far off in a game where we more or less didn't play any defense was what killed us. No D and our superstar couldn't hit anything. Recipe for disaster.

They are a tough team to stop when they are shooting well from the outside and their inside game is strong. Our defense wasn't great but pretty good at times, but as someone said Mike and Don have to go better than 11-33 combined, and Don was 1-8 from 3.