What's new

Game Thread Mar 01, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 03-01-21

This was an interesting game. Utah has a gameplan of stopping their opponents from shooting threes and making them go to the paint against Rudy. Pelicans today had a gameplan of not shooting threes and attacking the paint ( they were 7/11 for three, only 3 players attempted 3 point shots) and they still won. This shows that you can withstand 3 point barrage with efficient shooting for two. But I dont think this way of playing works unless you have freak of nature athletes on your team and i would still pick Jazz over this in a 7 game series

We need to manage Ingles minutes. He complained/joked about being tired last game. We need him fresh for the playoffs.
A fresh Ingles is a powerful weapon. A tired Ingles is washed and a liability.

LoPo is ****ing hilarious. Donovan goes 7-21 and 1-8 from three. Missed a dunk, missed multiple layups and air balled a three late.

Conley misses the game tying three (yes it was a horrible shot) and it is suddenly all Conley’s fault we lost lmao. Dude has a weird vendetta out for Conley and is doubling down hard on his **** takes last year.
Shocking that lopo crawls out of his cave just to insult Conley. Only reason he is a fan is to make fake trades.

LoPo is ****ing hilarious. Donovan goes 7-21 and 1-8 from three. Missed a dunk, missed multiple layups and air balled a three late.

Conley misses the game tying three (yes it was a horrible shot) and it is suddenly all Conley’s fault we lost lmao. Dude has a weird vendetta out for Conley and is doubling down hard on his **** takes last year.
I never said it was Conley's fault at all. I was addressing the hate Donovan got all night on here. Don had a bad shooting night, but his energy and passion brought us back. He fought to get to the line when his shot wasn't falling. He kept us in the game. That's what stars do.

We lost because we played a poor team game whereas NOLA actually played pretty damn well and hard.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

That was a good game to try some new stuff, like playing Favors and Morgan when they had Adams and Zion on. Or Gobert and Morgan, or Gobert and Favors.
I know, that screw our ofense game plan and bla bla bla, but during this strech we could rely on Iso Clarkson and or Mitchel. A couple of good screens is enough to get us good looks.

This is on Quin. He needs to better manage his players.
Agree. Quins game plan seemed to compliment what NO wanted to do. We let them in the paint with absolutely no resistance which allowed them to hit extremely easy layups or hit a cutter for an easy layup. Nearly 60% of their points(74 out if 129) were in the paint. Should've maybe tried a zone or just playing tough man to man, not stay 5ft off Zion.

Last edited: