What's new

Game Thread Mar 14, 2021 02:00PM MT: Jazz at Warriors

Added to Calendar: 03-14-21

Again he's just not good enough. I think he's a great energy role player. However, he will be exploited in the playoffs, and is an overrated defender.
He is a good role player. We have 4 ball handlers (Mike, DM, Joe, JC). We need someone who doesn't want to ball but can shoot and defend. Royce does this very well but it's unfair to expect him to defend long wingmens like Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis in a 7 game series. I agree with that. The guy is 6'4. That's why I think we need a big athletic wing who can shoot and defend.

The Jazz's wing rotation of Bogdanovic, O'Neale and Ingles are not elite. Adding Georges Niang doesn't help it either.

Mitchell, Conley and Clarkson combined for 68 points. Jazz are heavily dependent on their guards to do the lionshare of the scoring.

Last edited:
if our supporting cast is good enough, he doesn't really need to.

Kawhi has had a big drop off defensively from his DPOY season ever since he rose to superstardom. And guys like Harden, Luka, Curry, and even Lebron aren't known for their defense

Two way player is simply a myth. when you are playing at a high level offensively, it is inherent that your defensive intensity will suffer. It is everyone else's job to cover those grounds defensively to support your superstar. Think of PJ Tucker, Draymond Green, Tyson Chandler, Andrew Bogut, Bruce Bowen, Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman etc.

But all we have right now are offensive weapons who can't guard a chair themselves. Too much load is being placed on Royce and it's going to hurt us comes playoffs.
I never expect him to defend like crazy. It wouldn't be healthy for him to do so anyway. He has to save his energy. But as far as I can observe, he has been playing in a way that harms the team for two games. (today just the first half)

The box score was weird with Rudy, Conley, Clarkson and the Minivan in pretty healthy + numbers and the rest of the team drowning in red ink. Probably as a result of our game long craptastic defense.

Mitchell needs to get his head straight or something. He's supposed to be our take-over guy and he just can't do that. Without a guy like that we don't stand a chance to get very far in the playoffs.

And if we don't fix the team D and rebounding we'll be lucky to go .500 for the second half of the season.

If we could bundle bogey, O'neal, whatever and get like jerami Grant it would put us in another tier. But I'm afraid without something like that we won't get much past the 2nd round in the playoffs.

Geez the negativity in this thread would make one think we are 10-28. I still believe in this team. The sky hasn’t fallen.... yet. So let’s not get too carried away with the negativity.

Mitchell needs to get his head straight or something. He's supposed to be our take-over guy and he just can't do that. Without a guy like that we don't stand a chance to get very far in the playoffs.

And if we don't fix the team D and rebounding we'll be lucky to go .500 for the second half of the season.
To be honest though, I’m more concerned about our lack of a killer instinct on offense. We get it back to one point down and everybody’s like I don’t want to shoot it , you shoot it! Clarkson needs to be playing more clutch minutes and doing more iso in clutch time IMO. Only guy on this team without a conscience imo.

We're clearly getting every teams best punch. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. If you thought we were the 2018 Warriors you were out of your mind.

This seems like the kind of year where 5-6 different teams could win the championship. We're in that group, but definitely not the favorites.

Geez the negativity in this thread would make one think we are 10-28. I still believe in this team. The sky hasn’t fallen.... yet. So let’s not get too carried away with the negativity.
With prosperity comes fiscal responsibility though. Best Jazz record ever, best chance ever! But we still have a deficit or two that needs to be addressed for us to have a legitimate shot at the gold ring. Everybody I talk to and listen to knows it, we need to do something about it, now! Carpe diem!!!

Just logging in and just watched the game so not sure what you guys have been talking about but damn, Bogie was atrocious. The turnovers were bad enough, and the poor shooting, but what really chaps my hide is passing up open looks. Same for Jingles.

The +/- is interesting in this one:

Conley +9
Rudy +11
Clarkson +6
Niang +14

Bogie -24
Don -26
Faves -23
Jingles -9
Royce -18

We're clearly getting every teams best punch. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. If you thought we were the 2018 Warriors you were out of your mind.

This seems like the kind of year where 5-6 different teams could win the championship. We're in that group, but definitely not the favorites.
Is there a move we could make, that you think would give us a better chance? Somebody mentioned a trade for Jerami Grant, I like it!