What's new

Matt Harpring apprectiation thread

Poll: would you rather listen to Locke's radio or miss 10 games in a row?

I'll take the 10 game suspension. He's worse than Steve Brown.

"OH HAMMERS DOWN! FAVORS. GETS. SOME CAPTAIN! CRUNCH! CEREAL!"

That dude needs to go. I'd rather file my teeth with 20 grit sandpaper than listen to a game he announces.

He's going to buy that one and get one for free.

He takes the cookie from the cookie jar.

His dumb sayings make it so you don't even have a clue what is going on in the game.

At least with Boler you know when he says someone slams down another 3 it means someone made either a 3 pointer or a long 2.

Another backing for Harpring. I like that he is genuinely excited about the Jazz and the NBA. He's done a good job of bringing up interesting stats, current league news, insight and anecdotes regarding Jazz players, tactical b-ball knowledge and silly banter.

Love Boler. Super polished, knowledgeable and he's a huge fan of the Jazz.

Love Boone. A legend on the court and to me that translates to some incredible insight. He might be a little slow with names but he more than makes up for it with his feel and knowledge of the game.

These guys love their job and it shows.

I also am very happy with Alema and Big-T. I even like Steve Brown as long as he doesn't do the CC.

In writing this I realize how much of my Jazz experience comes through these guys and how lucky we are to have such a good crew.

I especially like that blooper he made during Corbin's last year as coach. Live mike, just before it faded to commercial: "Do we even have an offense?"

Poll: would you rather listen to Locke's radio or miss 10 games in a row?

I'll take the 10 game suspension. He's worse than Steve Brown.
I struggle with locke

The lower kingdom has been assaulted
Lol

In college I worked in a restaurant where the cooks would listen to Hot Rod's Jazz broadcasts every game night. It was great. I'm certain that, wherever those guys are, they are not listening to Locke's broadcasts today.

The Hots imitator is still on local radio. His name is Tony Parks. Yeah, they should give him the radio play by play duties.