What's new

Game Thread May 31, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 05-31-21

Rodman's rebounding was the best I'd ever seen. Didn't see prime Hakeem because we didn't get a heap of NBA here when i was a kid. Mutombo was one of my favourites growing up, I was 6 foot tall at 11 so I played a lot of 5 as a kid.
Mutombo is an easy favorite. One of the all-time great human beings to flourish in the league. A bit of a hero of mine.

Mutombo is an easy favorite. One of the all-time great human beings to flourish in the league. A bit of a hero of mine.
Also has the famous line of walking into gentlemen’s clubs and declaring/asking:

“who wants to sex Mutombo!”

he’s a good time.

If by "do" you mean be the most disruptive player ever (I mean that mostly in a good way), then we agree.

Thats all part of it, I was playing against 15 and 16 year olds when I was 12, I used to hit a lot of people.

Yes. Not great off-ball, though. That defense was anchored by Kemp who doesn't get the same credit.
I guess I’ve never thought that much about this, but is DPOY for the best team defender or disrupter? Or the best one on one defender? I don’t recall Bruce Bowen being a very good disrupter but I remember him completely shutting down his man. He made things hell for whoever he was defending.

I mean, I remember the warriors pre KD relied on Green to be their “be everything” defender but Klay was usually their best one on one defender. Then he’d have someone like Bogut anchoring the middle. Or am I misremembering?

I’ll probably catch hell for saying this, but isn’t lebron a top defender? Especially the Lebron of the Heat era? The man doesn’t seem to let his man score, disrupting the passing lanes, and he’s always catching guys on the fast break from behind.

Yeah, it happened with 13 seconds left. Bogie was trying to rub off on a Jared Jackson pick to release to get the ball. As he did, I think Jackson grabbed his arm or his arm got caught in the mixup. He was grabbing it instantly and didn't stop rubbing it for the next 45 seconds or so.
Well ****. Hope it isn’t anything serious

I dunno Rodman at his best could do it all.
Couldn't shoot or pass like at all. Or dribble. At all.

One of the funniest memories I have of Rodman was during the finals. He had the ball just outside the 3 pt line at the top of the key (maybe just inside, but it was an easy 3 point or long 2). The jazz were playing very tight D against everyone else, so he couldn't get rid of the ball. His defender was sagging off, just staying close enough to not be illegal D. Finally he had no choice and hoisted it. It hit the backboard maybe halfway up, then clanged off the rim. Even hot rod was momentarily speechless. Hilarious.

I'm interested in how Ewing does at Georgetown, such a great storied program for big men.

Draymond is in his own category. Most versatile or complete defensive player? Yeah, I'd give that to Dray. But that doesn't change the mathematical reality of what Gobert does to the game, and unlike Dray, he hasn't burned himself out doing so.
Kirilenko was better than Green ever was.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk