What's new

Game Thread May 31, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 05-31-21

Yes. Forgot about Zo and Ewing. I remember Zo being a better defender. But that might be because I remember him more in his prime while I remember Ewing when he was older and suffering from knee issues.

Just so many good big guys came from that program. Hell Allen Iverson credits him for basically saving his life.

Couldn't shoot or pass like at all. Or dribble. At all.

One of the funniest memories I have of Rodman was during the finals. He had the ball just outside the 3 pt line at the top of the key (maybe just inside, but it was an easy 3 point or long 2). The jazz were playing very tight D against everyone else, so he couldn't get rid of the ball. His defender was sagging off, just staying close enough to not be illegal D. Finally he had no choice and hoisted it. It hit the backboard maybe halfway up, then clanged off the rim. Even hot rod was momentarily speechless. Hilarious.
I’m not sure how that Bulls team would function in today’s NBA. They were pretty damn stiff and had a number of guys who youd never defend, like longley or Rodman.

actually, who do you think would win? This jazz team or those Bulls teams we played against?

We’d run and shoot the hell out of the bulls, wouldn’t we?

Big plays from Mike down the stretch but you know who impressed me with the extra stuff they did tonight? DM... made a couple deflections, had a couple big tough rebounds and had the steal/save at the end. Passing was good too... the offense was really good but that extra stuff is what this team needs desperately.

Bogey also had a great contest and rebound on Brooks in the final minutes.

Just a solid professional win tonight.

Big plays from Mike down the stretch but you know who impressed me with the extra stuff they did tonight? DM... made a couple deflections, had a couple big tough rebounds and had the steal/save at the end. Passing was good too... the offense was really good but that extra stuff is what this team needs desperately.

Bogey also had a great contest and rebound on Brooks in the final minutes.

Just a solid professional win tonight.

Mike stood tall when we needed it.

I’m not sure how that Bulls team would function in today’s NBA. They were pretty damn stiff and had a number of guys who youd never defend, like longley or Rodman.

actually, who do you think would win? This jazz team or those Bulls teams we played against?

We’d run and shoot the hell out of the bulls, wouldn’t we?
That Bulls team is an all-time competitor, I don't care what the rules are. Jordan shot and made the most difficult at an absolutely peerless rate. Virtually unguardable. Plus, he, Pippen, and Rodman were absolute monsters defensively. Kerr in the modern game would be more effective than he was then, as would Kukoc. Longley can get away with being a schlub on offense.

That Bulls team is an all-time competitor, I don't care what the rules are. Jordan shot and made the most difficult and least efficient shots as his staple. Virtually unguardable. Plus, he, Pippen, and Rodman were absolute monsters defensively. Kerr in the modern game would be more effective than he was then, as would Kukoc. Longley can get away with being a schlub on offense.
Kukoc would love today’s NBA. He would be a big star with his ability to drive, shoot, and pass

Yeah, I think its pretty similar. There is certain alcoholic drinks for certain sicknesses here. Mostly they think hot water cures everything. I hate when its 100 degrees outside and im thirsty and they give me hot hot water. They are like it will cool you off because it will make you sweat and the wind will cool you. Hey, dumbass I am drenched in sweat.

It’s annoying when you like really spicy food like I do too. Hot water just doesn’t satisfy like a cold beverage. I couldn’t get used to the hot water either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

true .. win win ! So by the sounds of it the health kick is going well ?

Well i'm supposed to be in the gym. Spent a fair bit of my time in Tassie last month doing manual labour so im not in terrible shape. Don't get me wrong I could always get paid more to hit people!

It’s annoying when you like really spicy food like I do too. Hot water just doesn’t satisfy like a cold beverage. I couldn’t get used to the hot water either.

Whinge, whinge, ****ing whinge....

Thats why I stick to beer here with most my food. Even that I have to make sure to ask for a cold one. The best is when you are with a group in China and you order a bunch of cold beers and one girl says she needs them room temperature because its that time of month and she is not allowed to drink anything cold.