What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Media day / training camp thread

Douchebag K

Whiteside is funny. I wonder if he can actually become a fan favorite.

yeah after listening to him for sure i can see that happening. He was surprising how much he seems to have swallowed his ego and improved his self awareness Going to be real interesting to see how that plays out

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
yeah after listening to him for sure i can see that happening. He was surprising how much he seems to have swallowed his ego and improved his self awareness Going to be real interesting to see how that plays out
Seems very direct. I also think we forget how young these guys are. Not everyone matures as quickly as Donovan Mitchell. I think I'm all in on the Whiteside Experience. Give me all the goods and bads... I'm ready.

Douchebag K

Seems very direct. I also think we forget how young these guys are. Not everyone matures as quickly as Donovan Mitchell. I think I'm all in on the Whiteside Experience. Give me all the goods and bads... I'm ready.

yeah i don't think a bit of crazy will do any harm .. just look at the Warriors for those years

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner

Alston
James
Hughes
Paschall
Azubuike
Teague
Butler

Shad

I want someone to ask Erik what he meant to Donovan on Instagram 3 weeks before signing with the Jazz, telling Donovan "He needs to get out of Utah"

SoberasHotRod

Main takeaways from reading jazz Twitter:

-Team thinks we lost to the Clippers because of injuries, didn't mention perimeter defense.
-Whiteside seems to be a media favorite, will have some nice sound bites this year.
- The team likes Butler, Paschall, Doke, etc., but won't see regular minutes as the 9 man rotation is set.

Didn't have time to listen or watch the full interviews. Did the media ask any good questions that I missed?

Jazzman12

I’m excited for what Paschall and/or Whitesides can bring to this team in terms of attitude. I’m a firm believer that you don’t win an NBA title without having a Jae Crowder type of player on your roster. I think it’s pretty important for Utah to have somebody step up and be that guy because as it sits right now, our team is pretty damn soft.

Neither one of them have a game that resembles Crowder’s but we need a guy or two who isn’t afraid to get in somebody’s face and play with an edge- especially come playoff time.

I think Whitesides is more likely to become that guy for the Jazz but I’m still holding out that Paschall learned a few tricks of the trade in his 2 seasons playing with Draymond.