What's new

Media day / training camp thread

Kyrie, Wiggins, Jonathan Isaac... some of these guys are apparently willing to sit games out rather than get the vaccine... I wonder if we have any of those guys on our roster? They don't have the mandate in Utah. I just think its a little wild. My wife refuses to get the vaccine too... I've stopped talking to her about it.

Not shocked by Isaac. Dude’s a preacher. He doesn’t need the vaccine. God will protect him.

Bolden was a 2016 McDonald's All American along with Dok, Tony Bradley, Jason Tatum and Markelle Fultz.
Bolden is actually kind of similar to a Tony Bradley type of project for Utah

Back in the day the loftiest of comparisons were to Chris Webber because he showed flashes of good hands.

Think this is a good spot for him hope he sticks. Has the talent. Didnt make the right college choice n also got injured, also the game has changed away from players like him who is really a 5 ( saw somewhere call him a forward)

The pictures of the practice facility at the Wynn seem like it would be distracting. Carpet and chandeliers are just weird next to the basketball hoops.

Just saw the LHM dealerships being sold to a GA company for $3.2B.

Crazy to think how the Miller legacy and what Larry held dear to him being washed away.

Gail and team are more interested in the philanthropic side so I'm okay with that.
I get what you meant by your original comment... a lot of business guys think their legacy is how many buildings they can put their name on... but yeah I think he's okay with them cashing out. Leaving a monster operating company to either a stranger or progeny that can't handle it is not ideal either. I think Gayle is sharp AF and knows that liquidating now and taking some of the complication out of a transition is likely the right thing to do. The other family members can pursue businesses they have interest in. Third generation is where businesses go to die and the second Gen millers didn't seem to have Larry's business acumen or motivation (nothing wrong with that). Car dealerships are likely to see a ton of disruption as other methods gain traction. The dealership experience has been on par with going to the dentist for me. I'd rather buy, configure online, and have it sent to my house. Don't think I am in the minority.

The pictures of the practice facility at the Wynn seem like it would be distracting. Carpet and chandeliers are just weird next to the basketball hoops.
That is part of the reason they are there... conditioning so when the games happen their focus is already sharpened. Its a Snyder Galaxy brain move. He actually has strippers come in when they practice free throws.

Not going to overreact, but some of Butler's summer workout footage looked like a young Bradley Beal. I think he might be a solid starter-caliber player, at least.

Edit: Actually, in terms of skill level and play style, Butler reminds me a bit of a young Chauncey Billups.

Last edited:
Another good one. Some one on one drills. Butler dominates Prichard and Bonga

I'm not sure he dominates, but definitely looks like he belongs. I assume that is an NBA 3pt line, and he looks comfortable taking pull up 3s from that range.
I'm not really going to take anything from summer workout videos. I do hope we start hearing positive things about him from training camp. I look forward to watching him in the scrimmage and preseason.