What's new

Michael Beasley

Our frontline is small to begin with (when comparing to the team we can't beat...Lakers) and size-wise Beasley is another midget at the PF position. Even with that being said, "something" is better than nothing... You never know, some players blossom after going to a new team/environment. To me it's a low-risk/high-reward opportunity.

I agree. If he's as good as was projected Sloan can find ways keep him on the floor with matchup situations. He's shown he can score from anywhere on the floor which is always what the Jazz never had enough of.

OK Thanks If that's the case I say Jazz should take the risk. No one player can destroy a team, but I may be wrong.

...what's the matter with all you clowns? I can't believe how many on this board think Beasley is worth the risk, when even the most casual observer knows he's a cancer and pathetic puke! Why do you think Miami is trying to dump him and his toxic contract on any would be taker? The kid is brain dead on a basketball court. That's not going to change. He's had numerous off court issues and is uncoachable. Are we trying to improve our team or contaminate it?

Just a quick question. Does Miami even have to do a sign and trade to get Boozer? Don't they have the cap space to sign Boozer outright and keep Beasley?

This is the way to think about it. The Heat have like 38 million dollars of Cap Space. Per the CBA, as a 7 year vet Wade gets 16 and change in year 1. Same with Bosh. With both, their number drops to 6 million. They could offer Toronto Beasley in an S&T, but my guess is Toronto isn't biting...yet. They might be trying to steer Bosh to LA in the Bynum deal that almost happened. In any case, if they were forced to go with Boozer, they could ship out Beasley and take back Booze. Booze is so desperate to play in Miami he might set his first year salary low at 11 as long as they kick in year 6. In that scenario, Miami has only lost 6 million of Cap Space for 2010 to sign Booze. That gives them 16 more million. Enough to sign a Joe Johnson.

Here's the major problem with that idea: With Wade and their next Max FA, the Heat only have 5 guys signed. They're desperately going to need bodies. So they might not even be able to sign Johnson, but they'll still need the money to put pieces around their Big 2. The irony of all this is the Heat cleared tons of Cap Space, but they need even more just to field a team, hence why they might be offering Beasley around for nothing.

...what's the matter with all you clowns? I can't believe how many on this board think Beasley is worth the risk, when even the most casual observer knows he's a cancer and pathetic puke! Why do you think Miami is trying to dump him and his toxic contract on any would be taker? The kid is brain dead on a basketball court. That's not going to change. He's had numerous off court issues and is uncoachable. Are we trying to improve our team or contaminate it?

See what I was talking about? CJ would pick up 5,000 anti Beasley rant posts in a year. It would be a joy to watch it unfold!

For the record, unlike Millsap, Beasley can play the 3 and has the potential to be the best combo forward in the NBA (understanding that it's still not been very traditionally important in a championship formula [yet?]).

I like Beasley more as a perimeter-oriented 4 next to a good C, though. How that happens, I'm not sure.

How small is Beasley? Is he shorter than Boozer? I say take a chance on him. If Sloan can teach him how to play in the post, he could be just as good as Boozer is for us.

(Off the top of my head so pardon inaccuracy)

6' 8.25" w/ shoes
7' 0" wingspan
30" no step vertical
35" max vert
240 lbs

The thing with Beasley is at the NBA level, he's not going to be much of a post player unless matched up against 3s. Beasley's offensive game at this level is mostly driving from the high-post or spotting up. He's no slouch down low, but he'd likely only be effective against 3s because he's simply not an NBA-sized PF (and to be fair, Millsap isn't effective in the post, either).

Boozer, on the other hand, has been unfairly maligned and ostracized for his 'undersized' status. Against elite physical specimens like Gasol and Odom, yeah, but against 95% of the league, he's suited just fine. It is important to note his impressive wingspan, strength, and elite savviness. Beasley does not have those attributes so it would be a different situation entirely.

Beasley would work best as a complement to a C that can score on the block. But whatever. The Jazz don't have the luxury of turning their nose up at assets/talent at this stage.

Yes please. Put him on a team with a real distributor and let's see what he does.
I kind of agree. Hard to totally believe this guy is total crap. He WAS picked #2 and most teams had him that high. It wasnt just the Heat. It would be better than losing Booz for nothing it it could be part of a deal. Not a major move but the guy could be a surprise, he does have tons of talent.

He is still very young at 21. He is younger than Turner, Udoh, Johnson, Aldrich, and Patterson who will just be beginning in the NBA next year. If any of those players put up 15 and 6 I think it would be a pretty solid rookie campaign. Not my first choice for a S&T with Boozer but certainly better than nothing.

Yes please! We really need to get something out of Boozer.. and getting a former number two pick is definitely something. Its about time we take a risk or two.

Beasley and Blake Griffin have eerily similar measurements:

Griffin
Standing Reach: 8'9''
Wingspan: 6'11.25''
No Step Vert: 32''
Max Vert: 35.5''
Lane Agility: 10.95s
Sprint: 3.28s
Bench Press Reps: 22

Beasley
Standing Reach: 8'11''
Wingspan: 7'0.25''
No Step Vert: 30''
Max Vert: 35''
Lane Agility: 11.06s
Sprint: 3.24s
Bench Press Reps: 19

Plus, he can shoot...

Who wouldn't take Blake in a Boozer sign-and-trade (even with his injury history)?

Also, while Boozer has the best standing reach of the 3 (9.0.5''...although he also had the tallest shoes), his No Step Vert and Max Vert were only 26.5'' and 28.5'' respectively. He also was only able to lift the bar 13 times. Taking this into consideration, Beasley should be able to play bigger than Boozer in the NBA.

Last edited:
...what's the matter with all you clowns?

CJ, what's the matter with you? You can't read, that it? Beasley has a fine-*** tat across his back which says "SUPERCOOLBEAS," or sumthin like that. If you don't want a player who is supercool, what would ya want?

CJ, what's the matter with you? You can't read, that it? Beasley has a fine-*** tat across his back which says "SUPERCOOLBEAS," or sumthin like that. If you don't want a player who is supercool, what would ya want?

....I want a player with athletic ability AND basketball brains...that doesn't look like he's spent 10 years in Sing Sing Penitentiary and just been released on parole!

Can't believe the nets didn't take that. Either there is something EXTREMELY wrong with beasley right now, or thhe nets are stupid. But if they will take dooling for him, we could certainly offer something similar to Miami. He's got talent good talent, Just needs a good coach and a point guard.

Beasley idea that actually makes sense: Delonte west for Michael Beasley. West's contract can be bought out for the same $500k that Dooley's could be so that gives Miami the same deal. Cleveland actually gets a little young talent.

Downside: If Miami thinks it has a shot at getting Lebron they're not going to want to improve Cleveland's roster and simultaneously improve Cleveland's odds of keeping him.

Interesting side thought: If Wade and Lebron hypothetically swapped teams, what would the result be. I actually think Wade might do well with Cleveland's roster as weird as that sounds.