What's new

Mike Brown canned......

Mike Brown Fired

Lakers have fired Mike Brown
Sam Amick, USA TODAY

1:02PM EST November 9. 2012 - Mike Brown has been fired by the Los Angeles Lakers, according to his agent Warren Legarie.

The Lakers are off to a 1-4 start and will play Golden State tonight at the Staples Center.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Within past 24 hours, Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak had pushed ownership to give Mike Brown more time before firing him, sources tell Y! Sports.

As Lakers ownership has been considering firing of Brown, Mike D'Antoni has been a prominent name discussed as replacement, sources tell Y!

Wow. I thought Mike Brown was a crappy coach and a poor fit for L.A., but man you've got to give it a chance. Has L.A. never gone 1-4 under Phil Jackson (not talking about starting a season 1-4).

But hey, I'm happy the Jazz were able to help create chaos in lakerland.

D'Antoni makes a lot of sense with the Kobe and Nash connections. They really do have 4 solid options if they can convince any of them. D'Antoni would be the easiest to do so probably. Sloan, Phil Jackson returning, or Jeff Van Gundy seem like the other targets.

After watching them play the other night, this doesn't surprise me. The other guy who should watch his back is Mitch Kupchak because that is a horribly constructed team. It's almost like a Laker version of a jazzfanz poster had his trade threads come true.

L.O.Lakers

As USA Today first reported, Mike Brown has been fired as Lakers coach.
Details

Lakers ownership has made it clear that buying out Brown's remaining $11M-plus and investing in new coach now won't be issue, sources say.

As Lakers ownership has been considering firing of Brown, Mike D'Antoni has been a prominent name discussed as replacement, sources tell Y!