What's new

Mike Brown canned......

No opposing coach is going to want to play in SLC, it seems a lot of coaches get fired after playing in SLC.

Looks like Brown made an eye contact whit Kobe, while he making a death stare towards him. He is like Medusa, but makes people fired instead of turning into stone.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...stare-proves-lakers-toxic-culture-must-change

Kobe_Death_Stare.gif

Good. I hope the Lakers die.
If you want the Lakers to die. Then this is not good. Mike Brown may be the worst coach in the history of the Lakers franchise. And is by far the worst coach in the league right now.

Well, Nash going down after one game didn't help his cause. Why can't Jazz ownership see the same problem with Corbin and get someone who actually has some brains?

Dave McMenamin: Source tells me Lakers plan to interview '4 or 5' coaches for the vacancy: "It's not going to be a long process, that's for damn sure" Twitter @mcten

Ken Berger: Elias says Mike Brown is the first NBA coach to be fired five games or less into a season in 41 years. (Dolph Schayes, Buffalo, '71). Twitter @KBergCBS

Lenard Gorokhov ‏@lenardizag

Phil Jackson is currently at the Lakers facility talking to management and walking around.

I don't think he was the right fit.

He wasn't fired for going 1-4

He was fired for never really installing a very good offense all of last year and then being swept in the 2nd round. Whether that was fair or not can be debated.

The truth of the matter is, this Lakers team is really old and stiff with no bench. Having a bench of Farmar, Ariza, and Shannon Brown would look like the 92 Dream Team compared to this Lakers' bench. Everything they do comes out of the half court. They literally have no one that scares anybody in the fast break. You saw it on Wednesday. The Jazz clearly had a gear that they didn't. Our bigs were faster, more explosive, and a greater threat on the break than their SFs. How many times did Ron Artest get stuffed despite having breakaway layups/dunks? I remember both Hayward and Foye made him look silly. Never knew Foye was such a dominate shot blocker... Even Kanter had more breakaway dunks than their guards. Kanter folks. Kanter.

So I don't think it really matters who they have coach them. D'Antoni, JSlo, or Phil Jackson... They just cannot keep up with the younger, quicker, and more explosive team in the west. That's why that CP3 trade hurt them so badly.

So I don't think it really matters who they have coach them. D'Antoni, JSlo, or Phil Jackson... They just cannot keep up with the younger, quicker, and more explosive team in the west. That's why that CP3 trade hurt them so badly.

.....I think you hit the nail on the head! Although it looked good on paper offensively, Nash is almost 40 years old and couldn't stay in front of my mother....who's been dead for 3 years! This team would have to outscore their opponents and with an 82 game grinding season with their old legs and no bench, it's just not going to happen. Sloan coming out of retirement to coach this team is a colossal joke! Unless Sloan is broke and about to stand in a a bread line, he's not coaching ANY NBA team ever again. He's through with the pathetic modern day athlete, especially the ones in the NBA! I don't think Jackson wants to fool with these clowns, either. Unless they throw a ton of money at him, he's not coming back. That leaves the Suns old coach. He could do the job and fit as well as any coach could possibly fit....if Nash can get healthy and stay healthy. It's entirely possible that the current Lakers as they are constructed.....are the proverbial "train wreck." Too old, no bench, no continuity, just a train wreck!

So the Lakers give the finger to Mike Brown with a solid win last night. They were doggin' it to get him out of there.

So the Lakers give the finger to Mike Brown with a solid win last night. They were doggin' it to get him out of there.

I don't think that's the case, at least not to the point where they intentionally didn't do their best. They may well have felt liberated/energized.