What's new

Mike Conley Contingency Plan

I would love Lonzo but don't know why Pels would get rid of him
Lonzo to Zion is modern day Stockton to Malone
Zion needs a PG like Lonzo to get him the ball
This will all come down to how much Ball wants and how much New Orleans is willing to spend on Ball. If Ball wants too much, GM David Griffen will do his best to sign and trade Ball to the spot of Ball's choosing. David Griffen is known for wheeling and dealing.

I would love Lonzo but don't know why Pels would get rid of him
Lonzo to Zion is modern day Stockton to Malone
Zion needs a PG like Lonzo to get him the ball

I actually don’t think he’s going back. Weren’t they trying to trade him at the deadline?

Maybe Ainge can get us Smart.
Smart is likely available... I think he could be had. I think he has rubbed a few guys the wrong way... he's been in rumors over the last 12 months a lot. Not sure what it takes but JC for Smart isn't crazy town imo.

This will all come down to how much Ball wants and how much New Orleans is willing to spend on Ball. If Ball wants too much, GM David Griffen will do his best to sign and trade Ball to the spot of Ball's choosing. David Griffen is known for wheeling and dealing.

I actually don’t think he’s going back. Weren’t they trying to trade him at the deadline?
I heard on a pod that Zion wants him back. He was rumored to be in trades but they have since fired their coach. Even if NY offers him $25M a year.. NO can just match. If Zion and Ingram want him back I have a hard time seeing Griff (who's seat is getting warm) rocking the boat and upsetting his best players.

Smart is likely available... I think he could be had. I think he has rubbed a few guys the wrong way... he's been in rumors over the last 12 months a lot. Not sure what it takes but JC for Smart isn't crazy town imo.

I’d be all over that.

Delon Wright wouldn't be a bad guy to bring in, though not willing to give up much for him.

Any ideas for teams that would want to trade for Bojan?

Get me that JC-Smart trade 8 days a ****ing week

Clarkson/30 for Smart.

Then try to move Favors and sign a wing with the MLE.

This is a semi-realistic scenario I would be happy with.

I'd like to put either Reggie Jackson or spencer Dinwiddie next to Mitchell if Conley isn't coming back. Both are bigger than Conley and better defenders.

To the go get Lonzo crowd.... apparently all the Pelicans want him back including the most important Pelican... Zion. He is restricted so they can match whatever he gets. Please tell me why he forces his way here for anything other than a contract so big that they wouldn't want him? Please tell me why they let him walk when their most important player want him and they have the ability to match any offer he gets. Lonzo to Utah has about as much chance as when we used to dream of our cap space being used on Klay Thompson... ain't happening.

I hate to bring this guy up yet again... because that means we won't get him... but Delon Wright checks a lot of the boxes you'd want to check with Lonzo. Definitely not on his level passing wise. Defense and size he's every bit of Lonzo. I get that we see some amazing potential in Lonzo... but he's likely not gonna be much better than he currently is... Give me budget Lonzo because the premium to get the real Lonzo is like an extra $15M a year plus players and assets. If Mike comes back Delon can still get a ton of PT... he fits around all of our backcourt guys and you could easily play him with two of JC, Mike, DM in most scenarios. He's got good enough length and defensive versatility.
You know what this means. We’re just going to have to go out and get Zion.

But I’m totally down for the Wright deal. I don’t think we need to make huge changes. I think we just need to get either a better defender at the 5 or someone who does something different, then upgrade the 9th man spot. The ideal would be moving Royce to the bench and having another guy there, but my real big splash move I’ll include in a longer post I’ll do maybe this weekend. It’s not one anyone has mentioned, but I think it would be the biggest difference maker.

I'd like to put either Reggie Jackson or spencer Dinwiddie next to Mitchell if Conley isn't coming back. Both are bigger than Conley and better defenders.

Dinwiddie is intriguing but hard to see Brooklyn taking much back in a sign and trade except maybe Clarkson.

What about a Conley S&T for Smart? He said he wants to play for a contender and preferred the East previously and Boston needs a PG.

Could the jazz combine both?

Utah trades: Clarkson/Favors/#30

Utah gets: Smart/Wright

Sac trades: Wright/#39

Sac gets: Favors/#30

BOS trades: Smart

BOS gets: Clarkson/#39

Yeah, I would trade Clarkson for Smart too. Makes too much sense not to. I don't think Boston has that much interest in Clarkson though.

I could see a S&T of Conley for Smart being more of what Boston would want.

What about Favors/30 for Smart? I know people want to consolidate some of our stuff but I could see us keeping the main pieces and allowing Smart to shave off some minutes from a lot of guys and still maintain the shooting around him and Gobert.

You know what this means. We’re just going to have to go out and get Zion.

But I’m totally down for the Wright deal. I don’t think we need to make huge changes. I think we just need to get either a better defender at the 5 or someone who does something different, then upgrade the 9th man spot. The ideal would be moving Royce to the bench and having another guy there, but my real big splash move I’ll include in a longer post I’ll do maybe this weekend. It’s not one anyone has mentioned, but I think it would be the biggest difference maker.
Wright give us a lot of what we want from Smart and Lonzo on the cheap... doesn't have the flair or grit those guys do.

If your big difference maker is the Kevin Love trade I know you want to pitch I will put you on ignore. :)