Moderator Change...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Jason, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason Administrator Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    I'd like to publicly thank @Stoked for his stellar time in purgatory completing moderator duties these past few years. He's elected to go back to the fold and step down from his role.

With the sad departure of Stoked means we've asked and invited @infection to join the team. It's a thankless job but we welcome him.

Please join me in thanking Stoked and congratulating (giving condolences) to infection!

2. rare144

rare144 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2017

He should change his handle to fit his new identity - I vote "Jobu"

3. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks, Stoked. You taken some heat from a few posters. But I've managed to stay out of your radar, so I guess you've done a helluva job.

Good luck, infection. You're now one of the most hated members on the board. Abuse, I mean use, your new power to drive obnoxious posters into temp and perma-ban hell.

colton and Archie Moses like this.
  4. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I've lost a lot of respect for Stoked lately.

Hehepeepeecaca

5. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    First Bear now this... dark days

Rubashov, NAOS, Stoked and 1 other person like this.
  6. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    @infection good luck! Good choice imo.

Also the mod staff is really good and I appreciate their efforts. @Jason thanks for the opportunity to contribute in some way to this website.

colton, ONE LOVE and Jason like this.
  7. b_line

b_line Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Reported for backseat moderating

8. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Every ounce of effort infection gives to moderating this forum would be better spent on making game threads. And by “better” I mean better in every substantial way I can think of.

RIP infection.

9. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    So basically, if people want awesome game threads, they should not post anything that will require moderation. TIA.

Jazz Spazz likes this.
  10. RJF

RJF Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Quitter... I don’t blame ya. Lotsa primadonnas here! Haha! Welcome back to the fold.

Infection, condolences. :)

Stoked likes this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    I'm excited for @babe conspiracy theory on this mod change!

12. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Stoked (and current moderators), thank you very much for your service. There were no upsides to it when I did it, and I doubt that has changed. I am grateful to all of you.

13. babe

babe Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    When you know nothing at all, everything is a conspiracy. The less you know, the more you can imagine. And the more you need to.

From the emergence of chattering hominids from the great jungle trees to the first captured fires from some dry thunderstorm sweeping the savannah, conspiracies have multiplied exponentially, proving beyond dispute that the more we think we know, the wronger we get.

As a sort of Q.E.D. for the most self-assured intellectuals among us here on JFC, I cite the recently emerging ambitions of Google to placate the Chinese "Mao-idolizing" Xi with convenient public discussion management enforceable with arrests and re-education camps, the prideful declarations of Facebook to improve public discourse, and Putin's obedient Press.... all of which find encouragement in our supposedly enlightened media, from Barney and Big Bird though NPR all the way to CNN and Breitbart. Common Core principles even John Dewey could emulate.

And which, of course, every JFC mod should study.

All hail the impending destruction of the living statue of iconoclasm, Donald John.