What's new

My apologies to Trey Lyles

Burke has been hot; Lyles is getting a lot of exposure and PT because Favors is out, Their values might be at an all-time high. Should Lindsey Treyd them for an all-star quality player?

*Disclaimer: pun only. I do not advocate trading either - unless it nets us an all-star in return,

Burke has been hot; Lyles is getting a lot of exposure and PT because Favors is out, Their values might be at an all-time high. Should Lindsey Treyd them for an all-star quality player?

*Disclaimer: pun only. I do not advocate trading either - unless it nets us an all-star in return,
Those two are not getting us an All-Star. If they could, we'd be dumb as **** not to do it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Those two are not getting us an All-Star. If they could, we'd be dumb as **** not to do it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, if we miss the playoffs, I could see the #10 + Lyles + Burke having some value to a rebuilding team. And no, not Big Al from Charlotte. That's not the idea. ;)

Dude was the #2 PF in the country coming out of high school stuck with limited minutes on one of the best teams of all time and young as ****....don't know why it'd be a suprise that the dude can play.

And the thing is that, in order to have nailed the pick, he only needed to be better than Booker, Portis, or Oubre. I think it is likely he does this at the very least. I think it is very likely that he is a better player than his draft position because of all of the things he does well. I'm not even especially worried about him defensively. He seems to have improved his positioning significantly from the beginning of the year and just needs to stop falling for vet tricks. That will come with more experience. He is great at defending big guys that shoot outside due to his length and quick young legs. He clamped down on Bosh pretty well at the end of the Heat game when he was tearing Whithey apart. My initial goal for him is to be Donyell Marshall to begin with, with hopefully a little more nasty. . .

I have to say that Trey looks good. I was wrong on him. I've very excited about his future. Hayward I still think we should move he isn't that impressive.

I want to see what Lyles can do against real teams, not the Lakers and other bottom feeder defensive teams.

You think you can take high road after you did before!

No. Someone suggested I get a refund of my apology and you stated Lyles showed he was a psychopath. Really not sure why you chose that word; it doesn't fit. But I took a leap and thought perhaps you wanted to comment on Lyles' poor performance against Charlotte. As he's had a pretty good streak lately (hence the reason for my "apology"), one bad game isn't enough for me to change my mind back to what it was on draft night. Do I still have concerns? Yes, especially on the defensive side. But at the very least I think he can be a decent backup, not the bust that I had predicted,

No. Someone suggested I get a refund of my apology and you stated Lyles showed he was a psychopath. Really not sure why you chose that word; it doesn't fit. But I took a leap and thought perhaps you wanted to comment on Lyles' poor performance against Charlotte. As he's had a pretty good streak lately (hence the reason for my "apology"), one bad game isn't enough for me to change my mind back to what it was on draft night. Do I still have concerns? Yes, especially on the defensive side. But at the very least I think he can be a decent backup, not the bust that I had predicted,

He had more blocks and assists then Gobert and more rebounds than Hayward. Just didn't shoot much.

eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

OK, so questions still remain about his defense. But my concerns about his shooting - valid at the time - have disappeared. "Ballerina" has played very well in Favors' absence. His sideline celebrations are kind of *** (I know I can't use that phrase anymore). But I'll step up, admit I was wrong, and have my big serving of crow, I expect all others to do the same. Let's not have to bump that draft thread to identify everyone who needs to apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM3w1v-A_Y

It's too late.

But 3's more than plenty.