What's new

My expectations for the Jazz this summer:

In re: to Gerald Green.....

Yes. Reminds me of JR Smith. When in the right system can be very effective but when in a big market, can't control himself. Good defender, good shooter, great athlete, great energy guy off the bench.

Would hayward be happy if the jazz land danny green from the spurs? What about dudley? Lets say gerald green?

Is he talking about a big name like derozan? Or a huge over pay for barnes? Would batum rock his boat?

Is getting burks back and healthy count? Big improvement from hood or lyles? Maybe exum improving on his freshman year?

Is bringing in his buddy hill what he wanted? (he and hayward are friends and usually work out together in the offseason)

Is getting rid of burke a good enough increase? (Addition by subtraction) was he happy with mack or neto?

To many questions not enough answers.

I think a salary dump trade where we send out a bunch of non guaranteed contracts or low short term contracts is more likely than a significant FA signing.

From one idiot to another

Have you ever posted a post without being an *******? It's quite shocking. Every post you have attacks someone personally.

God, must be miserable being you. Lighten up man. We all know by now your dick is microscopic and your face looks worse than Pizza the Hut. Just accept who you are and quit being a dick. It will do wonders for your life.

I do not know but the Jazz already have 15 plus players with a very tight rotation of minutes so I do not see a free agent being excited to come here for playing time reasons let alone " being Utah". If we could trade shelvin and/ or Neto for any kind of future asset that would help free up roster space but not playing time.

I do not know but the Jazz already have 15 plus players with a very tight rotation of minutes so I do not see a free agent being excited to come here for playing time reasons let alone " being Utah". If we could trade shelvin and/ or Neto for any kind of future asset that would help free up roster space but not playing time.

Good point. BUT, a lot of contracts are garbage players. For example, Pliess, Mack, Johnson, Withey, and Neto can all be cut. Ingles can easily be beat out on the depth chart. So, as far as wings go, the Jazz can sell a shot at a starting position (come beat out Hood) and worst case, 25-30 mins as a backup 2 or 3.

PF/C is a tougher sell because you have Gobert, Favors and Lyles who all hopefully play 25-30 mins this next year. Plus Hayward can play some small ball 4.

PG is a no sell with all the PG's we have, Hill and Exum.

Mack will be traded. Good contract, talent, has some value there. We'll keep Neto because he's almost as good, younger, and cheaper + longer contract.

That's true, but I feel like if they wanted him they had ample opportunities to keep or re-acquire him. Maybe I'm off, but I just think the Jazz keep him to finish out his contract and let him walk next offseason.

1. They didnt know they where going to trade Teague last year, so keeping him didnt make a lot of sense when he is playing and someone is offering a draft pick for him
2. Maybe they did ask to re-acquire him and Utah declined because they want to explore options ATM.

That's true, but I feel like if they wanted him they had ample opportunities to keep or re-acquire him. Maybe I'm off, but I just think the Jazz keep him to finish out his contract and let him walk next offseason.

From what I've heard, I'd be shocked if Mack is with us this fall. We have Hill, Exum as PG's. Then you choose between Mack and Neto. Neto was solid last year as a rookie and is a lot cheaper than Mack. Then you throw in that Lindsey doesn't even want to carry three PG's...Pretty easy decision if you ask me. Especially if Atlanta is wanting to get rid of their "stars" to rebuild and wants a cheap, very efficient backup PG.

Here is how I see the summer going.

Restructuring Favors and Hill's contracts are priorities 1 and 1a.
Priority 2 is do not over pay for FAs to the point of screwing up the future. We are already significantly better and deeper than we were most of last year.
Priority 3 is 3rd or 4th big.
Priority 4 is 3rd or 4th wing.

I would not be surprised if our team is done but would be thrilled if we can get someone better to come in over the top of a current player. I think we are a 50 win team as is with NORMAL injuries.

We are set at point guard with with Exum and Hill. The Jazz will have feelers out for Mack, Neto and Burke and will trade any or all of them at the right price which, unfortunately will not be as much as we might like. I hope we can keep Mack or Neto but shifting assets forward is more important. Although unlike the Jazz, Burke could be cut or bought out because doing so would just help them reach the minimum salary floor. This could happen before or during the season.

Hood and Burks are SG. CJ's option will not be picked up, he is just gone. I would not be shocked to see a Burks trade. However, his value is low right now so I would be surprised. It would take a whopper deal to make this happen. I see one swing man FA as a possibility but there is more need for a SF than a SG since Hayward and Ingles can and have both played guard effectively.

I think our depth is a little thin with just Hayward and Ingles at SF. Hood can also play some but is a bit undersized IMO. I would like to see someone brought in to bump Ingles down to the 5th wing.

Favors and Lyles are solid at PF then it gets shaky. I doubt Booker is back but he may be the best option available if he comes back his minutes must go WAY down. Bolomboy could make it as a cheap DL/end of bench developmental prospect. Second FA priority is a 4/5 equal or better than Booker/Withey I like Booker and his chemistry and energy but I think he is lacking in skill. He is just not a good enough rebounder, shooter, or finisher.

Gobert Withey and Pleiss cover Center, particularly with Favors. Pleiss could be traded, bought out or carried similar to Burke but I expect his to stay.

Here is how I see the team and minutes:

Exum 24 Hill 24 (one of Mack Neto or Burke)
Hood 20 Burks 24 Hill 4
Hayward 35 Hood 10 Ingles 3
Favors 18 Lyles 20 FA (forward/center) 10
Gobert 30 Favors 10 FA (forward/center) 8, Withey Pleiss

As you can see with these minutes it will be difficult to attract a FA to come in and get decent minutes. I would love to see a two for one, plus a pick to go out for an up and coming all-star wing. It would be risky and painful but that is the only way I see to improve on what we have got. Fortunately I really like what we have here. I would love to see Beal or Fouriner, Chandler Parsons or Nic Batum but I just do not see it in the cards.

Last edited:
Would everyone please quit feeding the troll. There is no reason to post page after page about a hypothetical Favors for Milsap trade that will never happen. So much generic whining about trading down to the 55 pick. If you do not like what the Jazz have done, spell out some specific thoughts of what should be done. One of the only decent threads is a week has now dropped out of the first page. So armchair GMs I throw down the challenge for specific realistic options.

Would everyone please quit feeding the troll. There is no reason to post page after page about a hypothetical Favors for Milsap trade that will never happen. So much generic whining about trading down to the 55 pick. If you do not like what the Jazz have done, spell out some specific thoughts of what should be done. One of the only decent threads is a week has now dropped out of the first page. So armchair GMs I throw down the challenge for specific realistic options. What do you think should or will happen for the rest of the summer.

Would everyone please quit feeding the troll. There is no reason to post page after page about a hypothetical Favors for Milsap trade that will never happen. So much generic whining about trading down to the 55 pick. If you do not like what the Jazz have done, spell out some specific thoughts of what should be done. One of the only decent threads is a week has now dropped out of the first page. So armchair GMs I throw down the challenge for specific realistic options.

Lol. Huh? Go home, you're drunk dude.