What's new

Nate Wolters, Jazz future starting point guard?

After watching this game, i'd pass on Wolters unless i guess he fell to our second round pick. maybe i would take him then, but prob not.

What in the Heck was up with Trey Burke tonight?? he just couldn't get it going. I will withhold judgement until his tourney run is over, but he seemed to struggle against a guy that isn't even an above average athlete. I should say that he did play the point all right but his shot did not fall. Feel free to destroy me for what i have said because i want to believe in trey Burke again.... I want to believe this is our backcourt of the future: (Craig Bolerjack) "And it's Burke to Burks, for three!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching this game, i'd pass on Wolters unless i guess he fell to our second round pick. maybe i would take him then, but prob not.

What in the Heck was up with Trey Burke tonight?? he just couldn't get it going. I will withhold judgement until his tourney run is over, but he seemed to struggle against a guy that isn't even an above average athlete. I should say that he did play the point all right but his shot did not fall. Feel free to destroy me for what i have said because i want to believe in trey Burke again.... I want to believe this is our backcourt of the future: (Craig Bolerjack) "And it's Burke to Burks, for three!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was only able to watch a portion of the game, but was there a little Dragic in Wolters?

Was only able to watch a portion of the game, but was there a little Dragic in Wolters?

Wolters does not have it. I honestly don't think he can play at the next level. his stats are super impressive, but he got them against lesser talented teams., and to be honest, Dragic really isn't that good imo. He shoots 43 percent from the field and only 30 percent from 3 while also turning the ball over about 3 times a game. additionally, he can't defend and the way the NBA is going, you need to be able to defend the parimiter to be a contender. Not interested in Walters at all. The thing that interests me about Burke is that i think he has the potential to control the tempo at the next level, drive and kick, and knock down open 3's. Wolters may only be able to do 1 of those things at the next level. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in wolters and i wouldn't be interested in Dragic Either

Wolters does not have it. I honestly don't think he can play at the next level. his stats are super impressive, but he got them against lesser talented teams., and to be honest, Dragic really isn't that good imo. He shoots 43 percent from the field and only 30 percent from 3 while also turning the ball over about 3 times a game. additionally, he can't defend and the way the NBA is going, you need to be able to defend the parimiter to be a contender. Not interested in Walters at all. The thing that interests me about Burke is that i think he has the potential to control the tempo at the next level, drive and kick, and knock down open 3's. Wolters may only be able to do 1 of those things at the next level. Personally, I wouldn't be interested in wolters and i wouldn't be interested in Dragic Either

And how many times have you seen Wolters play?

And how many times have you seen Wolters play?

I only saw him play against michagan, and you may have a point here, but with the exception of Damian lillard, what point guard has come out of such a small school to have great success? Also, He's White and athlectially, African Americans have shown to be superior in the NBA. He does have great size for a PG, but also consider than for the entire regular season, he played against just one ranked team, New Mexico (a team that was bounced out in the first round), and against Michigan he struggled mightily. Trey Burke on the other hand played against 9 ranked teams and in every one of those games played well. https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56670/trey-burke

Getting Back to Wolters... I don't see an NBA player. Coundn't get in the lane and he struggled against a Michagan team with NBa athletes. he played in 34 games this year and the one team he played that had NBA athletes also happened to be the same team he almost didn't get into double figures against-- every other team he played against this year he got well into double figures... i mean, he shot 3-14 against Michigan and was 0-5 from 3. I just don't see an NBA player.

I will admit I didn't like him in the Michigan game at all, and thats the only time I have seen Nate Wolters play. Trey Burke is my first choice of this draft class out of point guards over Marcus Smart and Michael Carter-Williams.

This is how I rank the top 3 point guards:

Trey Burke
Marcus Smart
Michael Carter-Williams

I will admit I didn't like him in the Michigan game at all, and thats the only time I have seen Nate Wolters play. Trey Burke is my first choice of this draft class out of point guards over Marcus Smart and Michael Carter-Williams.

This is how I rank the top 3 point guards:

Trey Burke
Marcus Smart
Michael Carter-Williams

Your list makes sense. But I think Marcus Smart could end up being the best. Trey Burke might be the safest pick in some ways, even though he is a litter undersized. I guess i mean the safest pick as a PG. Smart has remarkable leadership qualities as a freshman and he has great size. MCW is likely the greatest risk of these three, but could also end up being a rich man's Shawn Livingston, which would be pretty nice... a boarder line allstar maybe.

Personally, I'd take,
Marcus Smart
Trey Burke
MCW
But heck, What do i know.

I am watching Trey Burke right now, and he is playing very well. This is good, but the deeper Michigan goes in the Tourney, the less chance the Jazz have of getting Burke... :(

I am watching Trey Burke right now, and he is playing very well. This is good, but the deeper Michigan goes in the Tourney, the less chance the Jazz have of getting Burke... :(

If Dallas passes Utah in the standings, which could happen as soon as Sunday, there is literally no one you have to worry about taking Burke.

If Dallas passes Utah in the standings, which could happen as soon as Sunday, there is literally no one you have to worry about taking Burke.

I could actually see OKC taking Burke. they need a playmaker and if they drafted Burke and he panned out, They could play Burke at the 1 and Westbrook at the 2 to close out games... That would be devestating to me...