What's new

Nate Wolters, Jazz future starting point guard?

I could actually see OKC taking Burke. they need a playmaker and if they drafted Burke and he panned out, They could play Burke at the 1 and Westbrook at the 2 to close out games... That would be devestating to me...

They have Westbrook and Jackson who is starting to break out. They will probably go big with Perkins sucking worse every day and also eligible to be amnestied.

None of the PGs in this draft will be a franchise caliber PG. Don't reach just cause our PG play sucks.

None of the PGs in this draft will be a franchise caliber PG. Don't reach just cause our PG play sucks.

Reach? Over who? Burke is a top-10 prospect to me without considering need for the Jazz. All of that says as much about the nature of this draft than anything else does. It's wide-open to about 15 or 20.

This draft just doesn't do it for me. People will be reaching and desperate for needs. I have long said that my ideal draft is WCS, Saric and Wolters in the 2nd round.
That didn't really answer the question or speak to my point. My point is it will be hard to "reach" in a draft where there is not much separation in most of the 1st round.

This draft just doesn't do it for me. People will be reaching and desperate for needs. I have long said that my ideal draft is WCS, Saric and Wolters in the 2nd round.

I think you underate burke. He's Chris Paul-lite imo and he is what the Jazz need: A PG that can run the offense.

That didn't really answer the question or speak to my point. My point is it will be hard to "reach" in a draft where there is not much separation in most of the 1st round.

Let's just say that if Burke, MCW, WCS, Saric, and Wolters were available with the Jazz first pick I would take WCS.

If all those same players, with the exception of WCS, were available with the Jazz second pick I would take Saric.

If all of those players were still available, with the exception WCS and Saric, in the second round where the Jazz were drafting I would take Burke.

Does that answer your question?

Let's just say that if Burke, MCW, WCS, Saric, and Wolters were available with the Jazz first pick I would take WCS.

If all those same players, with the exception of WCS, were available with the Jazz second pick I would take Saric.

If all of those players were still available, with the exception WCS and Saric, in the second round where the Jazz were drafting I would take Burke.

Ford doesn't have WCS in the lottery and that dude's game is raw!

But i can see why you'd want WCS and Saric, however, I'm just not sold on Wolters... I don't think his skills translate to the NBA.

I don't think Wolters will ever be anything more than a solid backup. Clearly those types are needed, but that's not the type of guy I want to take in the first round or rely on. I like his game, but he'll never be a quality starter.

Ford doesn't have WCS in the lottery and that dude's game is raw!

But i can see why you'd want WCS and Saric, however, I'm just not sold on Wolters... I don't think his skills translate to the NBA.

Fine. I'll take Burke is the 2nd round. Happy now?

How about seth Curry instead of Wolters... he has played quite well in the tourney and he will go 2nd round.

Seth Curry is no PG. He's an undersized shooting guard with a limited handle. I would definitely take Wolters over Curry.

I only saw him play against michagan, and you may have a point here, but with the exception of Damian lillard, what point guard has come out of such a small school to have great success? Also, He's White and athlectially, African Americans have shown to be superior in the NBA. He does have great size for a PG, but also consider than for the entire regular season, he played against just one ranked team, New Mexico (a team that was bounced out in the first round), and against Michigan he struggled mightily. Trey Burke on the other hand played against 9 ranked teams and in every one of those games played well. https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/56670/trey-burke

Getting Back to Wolters... I don't see an NBA player. Coundn't get in the lane and he struggled against a Michagan team with NBa athletes. he played in 34 games this year and the one team he played that had NBA athletes also happened to be the same team he almost didn't get into double figures against-- every other team he played against this year he got well into double figures... i mean, he shot 3-14 against Michigan and was 0-5 from 3. I just don't see an NBA player.

Race doesn't have anything to do with a players intelligence and skill to play in the NBA. If the guy can shoot, distribute and atleast show effort on defense he's a fine backup point for me!

Wolters didn't have a good game against Michigan... but I still really like him. He also scored 28 against New Mexico earlier in the year and 30 against Alabama. So it probably just depends on which games you happen to see. Surround Wolters with NBA players on his team, and I think he'll be a very nice player.

Have fun with that I guess.