What's new

NBA Free Agents 2021

I don’t believe in Lonzos jumper... I just don’t. I like a lot of his game... I think he presents the same challenges as Rubio.
Well just for comparison sake, the most threes per game that Rubio has ever shot was 3.7 at age 28 (on 31%) and the most efficiently he's ever shot was 36% at age 29 (on 3.3 attempts).

Lonzo just shot 38% on 8.3 attempts per game at age 23. Sure, it could be an outlier, but I trust those numbers a whole lot more than I ever trusted Rubio's.

Well just for comparison sake, the most threes per game that Rubio has ever shot was 3.7 at age 28 (on 31%) and the most efficiently he's ever shot was 36% at age 29 (on 3.3 attempts).

Lonzo just shot 38% on 8.3 attempts per game at age 23. Sure, it could be an outlier, but I trust those numbers a whole lot more than I ever trusted Rubio's.
It isn’t just the jumper though it’s the drive and create game that worries me. He has some of those same issues.

And just so I’m not misunderstood... I think he hangs around 35% and likely is better than Rubio but that it could disappear on him at the wrong times or his limitations become a bigger issue in the playoffs.

These are a few UFA that I would be nice. Some arent realistic with our money, but all players that could help us. We are going to have to make some trades though as well.
Spencer Dinwiddie, Evan Fournier, Taurean Prince, Josh Richardson, Kelly Oubre, Kent Bazemore, Batum, Caruso, Burks, Otto Porter Jr, Derozan
Prince, Bazemore, Batum, Caruso could work and are affordable, Fournier if one or both of Bogey/Clarkson gets traded for defense.
Dinwiddie, Richardson, OPJ would be great but way too expensive.
I'm ambivalent on Richardson, Burks doesn't work here, Derozan is a terrible fit, and I personally think Oubre is incredibly mediocre.

Prince, Bazemore, Batum, Caruso could work and are affordable, Fournier if one or both of Bogey/Clarkson gets traded for defense.
Dinwiddie, Richardson, OPJ would be great but way too expensive.
I'm ambivalent on Richardson, Burks doesn't work here, Derozan is a terrible fit, and I personally think Oubre is incredibly mediocre.
Taurean Prince would be a dream realistic FA signing.

A great pickup would be that Batum guy. He would be a fantastic pickup at the waiver about 4 months ago. The french connection and all. We're the #1 seed and all. We think he could help us win a championship and all... (Dennis, paging Dennis)...

Well, crap. I just woke up from a bad dream and realized this is what we SHOULD have done and I said it back 4 months ago.

Batum is clearly in the same vein as Reggie.

LaVar Ball would be the best Jazz nation addition since Dwyane Wade.

Does Hayward even have any athleticism left? From what I’ve seen, he doesn’t look close to the same player he used to be.

Maybe we could work a sign and trade for bogey?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app
These are a few UFA that I would be nice. Some arent realistic with our money, but all players that could help us. We are going to have to make some trades though as well.
Spencer Dinwiddie, Evan Fournier, Taurean Prince, Josh Richardson, Kelly Oubre, Kent Bazemore, Batum, Caruso, Burks, Otto Porter Jr, Derozan
Dinwiddie would be the perfect replacement for Conley IMO!

Resigning Bogey would be top priority if I’m DL.
Yeah and I’d like to hang onto him as long as possible. He does everything for us and yet some folks seem to want to throw him out with the bath water for some mythical pie in the sky. Sorry I’m just a teacher on vacation killing time not an actual GM like some of you guys.

After thinking about it, in the unlikely event of a sign and trade coming our way, I would only consider trading Favors as he became a bit redundant with Doke on the bench. Far more likely, he would be my primary trade bait for possible roster improvements, not Bogey, SMOY or Mr Unbreakable!

Last edited: