What's new

NBA playoffs, info from Woj

I wonder if Curtis Borchardt has continued to live an active, healthy lifestyle so that he’s basically immune to covid? Anybody know??

I wonder if Curtis Borchardt has continued to live an active, healthy lifestyle so that he’s basically immune to covid? Anybody know??
He’s a physical therapist in Oregon. Seriously.

Seik.

f5c7789cf9341a6afe4dc7d366811f6652bec5c1_00.jpg

No 2-way guys in the playoffs... unless they amended the rule or allow us to add him on a regular deal. He should have been getting a few stints since like game 20... he has the body type to be exactly what we need if he develops... but I want to know if he can fill a role now while he grows.
And, you know, we could also waive someone. DL only waives Jerebko, though.

So I think we are kinda hosed... I think almost every team benefited from a pause so their dudes could get healthy... except us... we lost our 3rd-4th best player and at a position that it’s tough for us to fill. Portland, New Orleans, Houston (was wearing out and it looks like Harden is in the best shape of his life now), Memphis will likely get 2-3 players back... #darkesttimeline

I expect this to be ugly... like possibly 2-6 and a gentleman’s sweep in the playoffs.

upload_2020-6-4_22-49-7.gif

As a result of this scenario (seems official) I'd like to point out this:

3rd in career games played (1541)
The only player in NBA history to play 22 seasons,the only player to play in four different decades (1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s)
I'm sure a future Hall of famer.

Last edited:
So how does free agency impact the teams? Are they postponing July 1st free agency or are they allowing teams to reshuffle their rosters before the season finale/playoffs?

Edit: Never mind, I see that the start of free agency was postponed to Oct 18th.

Last edited:
The 4 non-Jazz teams I want to see win it all:
Bucks - small market with a single star that doesn't shoot the 3. Hope it would make sure Giannis stays in FA and establish that you don't need a super team to win.
Rockets - I don't like watching Harden play, but he is incredibly under-appreciated and this would change his entire legacy. Would be great for D'Antoni to win a ring with a team that fully embraced small ball.
Toronto - It would be awesome for them to defend the title after loosing the best player to LA. I also think it would hurt the reputation of Kawhi, which I fully support because of the way he screwed the Spurs.
76ers - Would be cool for a team to win it that is focused on defense and is not a good 3 pt team.

The 4 teams I least want to win:
Lakers - So, so, many reasons. New reason for this year, I hate what AD did to get to LA.
Clippers - I hate what Kawhi did to get to LA. Also, I hate big market, warm, coastal teams.
Celtics - To many media members are Celtics fans. It would be obnoxious.
Rockets - I don't like how Harden plays and I don't want good things for Westbrook. (I realize I am sending mixed signals about the Rockets)

The 4 non-Jazz teams I want to see win it all:
Bucks - small market with a single star that doesn't shoot the 3. Hope it would make sure Giannis stays in FA and establish that you don't need a super team to win.
Rockets - I don't like watching Harden play, but he is incredibly under-appreciated and this would change his entire legacy. Would be great for D'Antoni to win a ring with a team that fully embraced small ball.
Toronto - It would be awesome for them to defend the title after loosing the best player to LA. I also think it would hurt the reputation of Kawhi, which I fully support because of the way he screwed the Spurs.
76ers - Would be cool for a team to win it that is focused on defense and is not a good 3 pt team.

The 4 teams I least want to win:
Lakers - So, so, many reasons. New reason for this year, I hate what AD did to get to LA.
Clippers - I hate what Kawhi did to get to LA. Also, I hate big market, warm, coastal teams.
Celtics - To many media members are Celtics fans. It would be obnoxious.
Rockets - I don't like how Harden plays and I don't want good things for Westbrook. (I realize I am sending mixed signals about the Rockets)
I'd rather the Lakers win than the Rockets.

It's not close.

(I realize I am sending mixed signals about the Rockets)

**** the small ball. Worst thing that happened to basketball is this 50 3-pointers per game stupidity.

I don't think the Rockets match up well now against the Lakers or the Bucks. Those two teams will bully them in the paint. And let's not forget they have Westbrook now, he will sure make something dumb when the pressure is on.

**** the small ball. Worst thing that happened to basketball is this 50 3-pointers per game stupidity.
Small ball is fine... its setting up your whole game to deceive refs and make players play with one hand behind their backs and to bend every damn rule... traveling, fouls, all the bitching.

Small ball is fine... its setting up your whole game to deceive refs and make players play with one hand behind their backs and to bend every damn rule... traveling, fouls, all the bitching.

I have impression the refs will suddenly see it like every normal human outside of Houston when the Rockets get to play against Lebron and co.