What's new

NBA Playoffs

I’d pay good money to watch a series between the pelicans and Grizz. The length and athleticism of those two young teams would be fun to watch.

Hello lottery, Clippers.
Not sure what their contract situation is like. But the clippers could be back to being contenders if Kawhi and George come back healthy. This year was always going to be a throwaway year with Kawhi on the mend.

Eh, they won a chip. I want to win a chip pretty bad.
True. I think that’s what makes this interesting. They got one. But Would they have more chips had they kept it together? They would’ve been in contention regardless, right? The first chip came in the bubble and I don’t recall them ever being pushed there.

Last year their obstacles would’ve been Phoenix and Milwaukee.

This year could be tough with so many good teams. But then again, Hart, Ball, Ingram are sorta in their primes and didn’t Lebron just win the scoring title?

So that’s why I think this makes things interesting. Had they kept it together would we be talking about that one chip in the bubble or would we be talking dynasty?

True. I think that’s what makes this interesting. They got one. But Would they have more chips had they kept it together? They would’ve been in contention regardless, right? The first chip came in the bubble and I don’t recall them ever being pushed there.

This year could be tough with so many good teams. But then again, Hart, Ball, Ingram are sorta in their primes and didn’t Lebron just win the scoring title?

So that’s why I think this makes things interesting. Had they kept it together would we be talking about that one chip in the bubble or would we be talking dynasty?

Embiid won it. Lebron didn’t qualify due to games played even if he was ahead.

Not only no LA teams in the playoffs but no LA teams in the lotto either… both teams will give their picks away.
The gods of basketball are often distant, uncaring, but occasionally ruthless and vengeful when directly engaged or tempted. But every now and again they will bestow a tender mercy, just to let us know that they are there.

There’s a certain beauty in seeing Anthony Davis and the Lakers, and all the now-absent draft capital and assets that LeBron traded for AD, being out of the playoffs while NOP and all their Laker assets and draft capital in the playoffs. Here’s to hoping they advance and we get another GSW/Mavs 2007 upset on our path back to the WCF.

There’s a certain beauty in seeing Anthony Davis and the Lakers, and all the now-absent draft capital and assets that LeBron traded for AD, being out of the playoffs while NOP and all their Laker assets and draft capital in the playoffs. Here’s to hoping they advance and we get another GSW/Mavs 2007 upset on our path back to the WCF.
OKCs pick got a little better too, but Portland got screwed. The pick they got for CJ had to be in the top 14 because NO owes the pick lotto protected to Charlotte. So now that pick goes to the Hornets and the Blazers get a 2025 Milwaukee first. Blazers had planned on u see ing that pick yo get Jerami Grant. All the moves they did looked bad at the time but now they look awful.

Agreed. It is an interesting discuss

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Warriors will win it all.
Basketball has nothing to do with it. Warriors will be champs because of the picture below. Do those colors look familiar?
Believe it, those colors will win the day.

1650125600671.png

Minny just dropped 41 on Grizzlies in the 1st quarter and it looked sustainable.

Edit: Jinxed. 14-3 run for Grizzlies, lol.

Last edited:
Pelicans are doing this without Zion. Lol

Then again, the clippers have been short handed this whole year.

But the Pelicans might make a huge jump next year. They’ve got so much length and athleticism. So many 3 D guys to spare. All they need is a better PG who can create for others. Not sure if CJ is the answer.
Yep. NOLA did an amazing rebuild despite the naysayers. I wouldn't be shocked if they trade Zion in the offseason too. Could still get a boatload for him.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

The refs are drunk but Minny - Memphis game is fun as hell. I don't think the Jazz could keep up with them.

Edwards is incredible. And people were questioning his love for basketball because he was little chill.

Timberwolves are going to give the Grizzlies problems. This series is going to be long it’s easily going 6 or 7 games.

I don’t want to overreact to one game but Memphis felt a little flukey this year to me.

Edwards is incredible. And people were questioning his love for basketball because he was little chill.
I mean some of the stuff he says is wild… it’s hilarious if he is committed and works but if he busts you get raked over the coals for over looking it.

Timberwolves are going to give the Grizzlies problems. This series is going to be long it’s easily going 6 or 7 games.

I don’t want to overreact to one game but Memphis felt a little flukey this year to me.
Agreed. And I thought going into this series that Minny is sneaky good and could give any team some trouble. Weird to say but I would kinda rather the jazz play memphis than minny. (probably just recency bias after minny embarrassingly beat us a bunch last season and we swept the grizzlies when we had spida)